1-5

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: 1-5

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 am

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am
There is a huge thread going right now on the QBs. Why make a new post to simply say the same thing?
Because that thread is not relevant to me anymore. Why can’t a person come to BN to vent and start his own thread to bitch and moan?

There are some serious issues with the QB room. They need to be fixed. We all see issues of some nature. We all agree that we don’t need a Lulay with this defense but decision making needs vast improvement.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:59 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:49 am
CelticCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am
There is a huge thread going right now on the QBs. Why make a new post to simply say the same thing?
Because that thread is not relevant to me anymore. Why can’t a person come to BN to vent and start his own thread to bitch and moan?

There are some serious issues with the QB room. They need to be fixed. We all see issues of some nature. We all agree that we don’t need a Lulay with this defense but decision making needs vast improvement.
Which decisions didn’t you like? I have some I didn’t like, but would like to hear yours. The nice thing about message boards is no one can interrupt you, so go for it.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:53 pm

9:30+ min in the 4th Q, 3n11, throws a 25yd pass to the only WR he looked at during the whole play. The Safety backed up and broke on the the ball. Perfectly played defensively. CB was in tight Man coverage with deep Safety over the top. Poor QB decision. Poor throw. Easy pick.

Your exact words: Roving then threw a horrible pass at a horrible time. It was a very bad play,

WRs need to catch slant passes. QB needs to hit them in stride.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Dude, Choate needs you bad! Send your resume in. There problem fixed. TV expert helps fix Cats QB issues. Shows Matt Miller and Jeff Choate how to do it right. Rovig to name his first born Vegas to honor this year’s changing event.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Nomination for the worst thread ever in BN.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:51 pm
It’s gotta be up there. This isn’t a thread you see too often from the #6 team in the country and off to a 5-1 start. If you didn’t know any of that and ventured in here you’d assume this team is 0-6.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Entire thread about pessimists venting.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 pm

I’m not the only one bitching. Look at all the other threads!

I know full Fn well what our Fn record is. Bash me all you want. I’m not asking to coach or saying I can. I’m pointing out all the issues everybody else is complaining about. But I guess I’ll take the doubter title if none of you other jackwagons will admit you complain too. 🙄

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:51 pm
I'll second that.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:49 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 pm

I know full Fn well what our Fn record is. Bash me all you want. I’m not asking to coach or saying I can. I’m pointing out all the issues everybody else is complaining about. But I guess I’ll take the doubter title if none of you other jackwagons will admit you complain too. 🙄
It’s just a game. The reason sports are important is: they aren’t important.

This goes for people giving you crap, too.

Almost every FCS team has a hole or two somewhere. It’s the nature of the division. MSU is pretty solid. The weak spot is the passing game, but it isn’t hopeless.

Three of the best (NAU, EWU, Davis) passing teams are 7-8 vs FCS teams. MSU and Weber are 8-0 vs FCS. The last time MSU had a good passer it went 5-6.

Passing game is important, but it’s not the be-all, end-all.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:17 pm

SEMO is the best team in the OVC. LOSS

WIU always wins at home against OOC opponents. LOSS

NORF comes out of one of the richest recruiting grounds in the country. LOSS

Case Cookus and we're banged up at corner? LOSS

A night game, on the road, against a triple option attack... LOSS

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Some people want us to lose so badly so they can say I told you so. Sad.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:36 pm
Some people want us to lose so badly so they can say I told you so. Sad.
Seriously

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 pm

This thread is just ridiculous.....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:49 pm
94VegasCat wrote:

Almost every FCS team has a hole or two somewhere. It’s the nature of the division. MSU is pretty solid. The weak spot is the passing game, but it isn’t hopeless.

Three of the best (NAU, EWU, Davis) passing teams are 7-8 vs FCS teams. MSU and Weber are 8-0 vs FCS. The last time MSU had a good passer it went 5-6.

Prukop was a lot of things, but he wasn’t a particularly good passer. He was a phenomenal runner.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:14 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

Prukop was a lot of things, but he wasn’t a particularly good passer. He was a phenomenal runner.
481-750, 64.1% completion %. 6,798 yds, 9.1 yd/att, 54 TD, 18 INT, including his 4 games at Oregon. He was a very good to excellent passer. Had he started 4 yrs here he would have been knocking on the door of many records. As it is, he's #5 in career passing yards, #5 in single season yards, #1 in career PASSING yards per game, #5 in career passing TDs and has the second highest season total for TD passes with 28 in 2015. I'd say he was above average as a passer :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 pm

onceacat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

Oh really? Ok. Let me rephrase that then.

The last time MSU has a quarterback with a 157 or higher rating or that was rated in the top three in passer rating and top four in passing yards MSU went 5-6.

toM StUber

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:39 pm

This thread is dumb. I’ll bet my house we don’t go 1-5.

I’ve been mentioning for years about pessimistic Cat fans who lived through the streak and now pride themselves on not getting too high on the Cats so they don’t get their fragile hearts broken. They usually disguise this illness by making comments about blue and gold glasses or acting as if their pessimism is just being realistic and that they just tell it how it is due to their amazing football minds. This thread is one of the symptoms of that disease.

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:04 pm

I'm pretty new to the board, but have been regularly going to the games since 1990. This is one of the better teams in that timeframe. Certainly one of the very best defenses and the overall running game is probably the best. I thought Cal Poly was a terrible matchup for the Cats and am happy with the W.

I believe the Cats will come out strong against Sac State and win the game by 10+. I'm very apprehensive about the UND game, but the Cats will roll through UNC and SUU. I figure the worst record they'll have rolling into the playoffs will be 8-4, but I do expect 9-3 or better.

I am happy to hear that this type of post is not the norm on here because it reeks of entitlement. Like it or not, what we saw Saturday was the best those kids have to offer. It isn't perfect, but it is real. Until the Cats lose a game they shouldn't, I still believe they will be one of the last 8 teams standing in the FCS playoffs. They have played through some critical injuries and have overcome some brutal mistakes to start the FCS season 5-0.

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 am

KittieKop wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:14 pm
onceacat wrote:
481-750, 64.1% completion %. 6,798 yds, 9.1 yd/att, 54 TD, 18 INT, including his 4 games at Oregon. He was a very good to excellent passer. Had he started 4 yrs here he would have been knocking on the door of many records. As it is, he's #5 in career passing yards, #5 in single season yards, #1 in career PASSING yards per game, #5 in career passing TDs and has the second highest season total for TD passes with 28 in 2015. I'd say he was above average as a passer :lol:

Agree with Onceacat. Prukop's primary talent was in his legs not his arm. He was an "above average passer" as long as the receivers didn't go deep.

His odds of completing a 30 yard pass depended entirely upon his receiver's desire to go try to get it, because the ball probably wasn't going where the receiver was. :wink: