1-5

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

1-5

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:07 am

Sac State could come in to Bozeman and spoil Homecoming. LOSS

Cats go to North Dakota. They’ve been a tough out this year. LOSS

Southern Utah will come into Bozeman looking to be spoilers. WIN

The Cats play horrible in Greeley. LOSS

UC Davis will finally be healthy by the time the Cats come to town. LOSS

Sneed. LOSS. (🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 just thinking it)

Southern Utah is the only cupcake left. We thought after NAU that we were tough. Cal Poly exposed some weaknesses that better teams will exploit. Rovig threw some horrible passes but also had constant pressure coming from somewhere. Dropped rockets and intercepted floaters. That needs to be fixed! Decision making needs to improve. Staring down receivers is not a good trait. Throwing into triple coverage is usually a bad deal too. If three are covering ONE, one other SHOULD be open.

Do I really believe we’ll go 1-5 to end the season.......nope but it’s conceivable. We need the defense to maintain or even improve a bit. We need healthy bodies and youngsters to step it up.
Last edited by 94VegasCat on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: 1-5

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:07 am

Southern Utah is the only cupcake left. We thought after NAU that we were tough. Cal Poly exposed some weaknesses that better teams will exploit. Rovig threw some horrible passes but also had constant pressure coming from somewhere. Dropped rockets and intercepted floaters. That needs to be fixed! Decision making needs to improve. Staring down receivers is not a good trait.

Do I really believe we’ll go 1-5 to end the season.......nope but it’s conceivable. We need the defense to maintain or even improve a bit. We need healthy bodies and youngsters to step it up.
Coaches have told him to go with first read..have you not heard Choate say that in press confereneces? Not all the drops were on rockets, so some of the blame falls to the wrs. I dont see you complaining about the good fade ball he threw for the TD. Remember he is 5 starts in and lost half a season to injury.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:12 am

94VegasCat wrote:

Southern Utah is the only cupcake left. We thought after NAU that we were tough. Cal Poly exposed some weaknesses that better teams will exploit. Rovig threw some horrible passes but also had constant pressure coming from somewhere. Dropped rockets and intercepted floaters. That needs to be fixed! Decision making needs to improve. Staring down receivers is not a good trait.

If you are saying we finish the season 6-6, I will take that bet all day long.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

I’m saying that our upcoming opponents are all tough. Tougher than Cal Poly. If we play like last night, we could conceivably go 1-5.

I’ve heard Choate say they teach one read. Do you think us fans are the only ones that hear that? I’m not asking for a Lulay or McGhee but I’d split the difference between what we have and what they were. Oh Rovig is young blah blah blah. So were those other two fellas!!!

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:34 am

I think you’re selling this group of seniors short. It’s borderline disrespectful to them.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:39 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 am
94VegasCat wrote:

Coaches have told him to go with first read..have you not heard Choate say that in press confereneces? Not all the drops were on rockets, so some of the blame falls to the wrs. I dont see you complaining about the good fade ball he threw for the TD. Remember he is 5 starts in and lost half a season to injury.
I doubt they've told him to focus only on his first read. That would be pretty bad coaching.

Regardless, staring down your WR doesn't equal focusing on the first read.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am

There is a huge thread going right now on the QBs. Why make a new post to simply say the same thing?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:45 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 am
94VegasCat wrote:

Do the coaches also tell him not to throw into triple coverage and throw the ball away instead? It's one thing to only go with your first read but another thing to force it into your first read regardless of what the defense is doing.

Rovig has improved, just not enough for the fans. I don't know if the pace of his development is on him or the coaches. Probably a mixture of both.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:46 am

Nice forecast Danny Downer. This team is to mentally tough for that to happen. I do agree the next two and last two are shaping up to be big games. Sac State scares me, ND Is solid and at home.Let’s see where we stand after those two.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:47 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am
I’m saying that our upcoming opponents are all tough. Tougher than Cal Poly. If we play like last night, we could conceivably go 1-5.

I’ve heard Choate say they teach one read. Do you think us fans are the only ones that hear that? I’m not asking for a Lulay or McGhee but I’d split the difference between what we have and what they were. Oh Rovig is young blah blah blah. So were those other two fellas!!!
Cal poly beat SUU, Northern Col is NOT better than Cal Poly.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:58 am

RobertCats wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:47 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 am

SAC beat SUU, Northern Col is NOT better than Cal Poly.
FIFY 8)

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:30 am

Good hell. Only thing I'm going to say is why are people crying about our D so much?? They have been great! If they weren't put in sh*t situations every game because of some stupid mistake or another they would be giving up under 20 points a game in every FCS game. We get burned once or twice in coverage each game, but outside of that they have been stout.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:09 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:30 am
Good hell. Only thing I'm going to say is why are people crying about our D so much?? They have been great! If they weren't put in sh*t situations every game because of some stupid mistake or another they would be giving up under 20 points a game in every FCS game. We get burned once or twice in coverage each game, but outside of that they have been stout.
Anyone remember how many points cal poly scored against us last year?

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:14 am

Seems to me one of our strengths is the ability to get pressure on opponents QBs. With a triple option offense that strength is taken away. I believe the D is just fine we just squeezed out a win against our weakness. We should pretty easily be able to win most if not all of our remaining games. That is as long as the D doesn’t have anymore sluggish starts. I believe the Griz are the toughest opponents we have left on the schedule.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am

So how long after we beat Sac St do they become a "sub-par" team that was overhyped? There were several of us that predicted CP on the road at night, would be a tough out. Then it happens and everyone loses their minds...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:17 am

It's ironic that everyone initially thought the griz had the tough schedule and the Cats schedule was easy. Now the top preseason teams the griz face (UC Davis and EWU) are getting beaten by teams on the Cats schedule. I think this Cats team is mentally tough and with the talent they have will find a way to win most of the games. It might not always be pretty, but a win is a win.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:21 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Yes. MSU had a fluke bad punt, personal foul and interception in a matter of four snaps. How often has that happened in football history. It was a bizarre chain of events, but they regrouped and shut them down the rest of the way.

After giving up 94 yards on the first possession, the defense gave up just 79 yards in building a 28-7 lead.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:09 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
42 in bozeman

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:45 am

cats2506 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:09 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
42 in bozeman
Huh....

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:48 am

technoCat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am
So how long after we beat Sac St do they become a "sub-par" team that was overhyped? There were several of us that predicted CP on the road at night, would be a tough out. Then it happens and everyone loses their minds...
Oh, well the week after they play us they play last weeks National Championship team, I'm sure after they put up a good effort against heem they will be crowned a top 10 at least :wink: