Facilities effects on recruits and players

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Facilities effects on recruits and players

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 am

For those of you that still think that nice facilities, nice things, and uniform combos don't matter, check out the reaction WSU players have to their new locker room.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Facilities effects on recruits and players

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:48 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 am
For those of you that still think that nice facilities, nice things, and uniform combos don't matter, check out the reaction WSU players have to their new locker room.

That's pretty cool!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am

That's awesome, good for them. Adidas is pretty prominent in the locker room and in the video. I wonder how much they contributed to that project. Probably plenty.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:15 am

Kids like shiny stuff? Who knew! :lol:

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Ours will be nicer. It’ll be the best facility in the Big Sky Conference.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:26 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm
Until the next one is built.......only partial kidding.

With all of these being built and or planned. How does MSU’s compare? I think UC Davis has a higher price tag (just cause it’s California?), Weber I believe has more square footage than um. Where does MSU fit in and what makes it unique ie why a recruit would choose our building over the rest.

As a side note, will Weber be the first and only in door practice facility other than the dome teams?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:42 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:26 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm
Until the next one is built.......only partial kidding.

With all of these being built and or planned. How does MSU’s compare? I think UC Davis has a higher price tag (just cause it’s California?), Weber I believe has more square footage than um. Where does MSU fit in and what makes it unique ie why a recruit would choose our building over the rest.

As a side note, will Weber be the first and only in door practice facility other than the dome teams?
Your initial line was spot on. MSU gets to look at those and easily one-up them.

The hydrotherapy is a big plus. Workout areas and meeting rooms will be almost exclusively for football. The academic area is in the field house, so almost all the square footage is football-related.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Choate and company have done an exceptional job of bringing in VERY talented recruits..... just imagine what he will be able to bring in once we have these new facilities in place. Game changer.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:04 pm
Choate and company have done an exceptional job of bringing in VERY talented recruits..... just imagine what he will be able to bring in once we have these new facilities in place. Game changer.
Choate says that he believes that if he can get a kid (presumably a freshman) on campus he can guarantee they sign. It's a pretty bold claim but he has just about lived up to that. Getting the facility upgrades will not only help with getting freshmen to sign but getting them on campus in the first place. Not only that but the transfer students who are less starry eyed will also follow suit. The great (and at times awful) thing about recruiting is that it's a positive feedback loop, and this is a huge positive.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 pm

I've heard he ends their visit at the new dining hall and says "this is where you get to eat". I guess it's amazing.

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Danster21 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 am

lutecat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 pm
I've heard he ends their visit at the new dining hall and says "this is where you get to eat". I guess it's amazing.
Are you referring to Miller? Because that's all a facade. Much like a trip to a North Korean supermarket, I hear they stock the forks before the recruits visit. Only time you'll ever be able to find a fork in that place.

(But for real there were never any forks when I went to MSU, but the facility was amazing!)

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:22 am

Danster21 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:01 am
lutecat wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 pm
Are you referring to Miller? Because that's all a facade. Much like a trip to a North Korean supermarket, I hear they stock the forks before the recruits visit. Only time you'll ever be able to find a fork in that place.

(But for real there were never any forks when I went to MSU, but the facility was amazing!)
No. Rendezvous. The new one.

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 am

Glitzy & glam facilities is THE only reason the traditionally-mediocre Western MT CC became a powerhouse program in the 90s & 00s. In the modern materialistic age we live in, these shiny facilities matter.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:47 pm

If facilities matter, imagine Eastern Washington if they had a facility as nice as say....Helena High School.

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 pm

The rendezvous is awesome! I ate there this summer, it was amazing! I would also end a recruits visit there!!