Koolaid Drinking Time - Texas Tech

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Danster21
BobcatNation Letterman

Koolaid Drinking Time - Texas Tech

Post by Danster21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:16 am

It's time to drink the Koolaid, which if you don't know what that means you can read up on that here. So for now, let's imagine what it'd be like to beat Texas Tech and the ensuing chaos it spells for the FCS media. I'll start:

The Bobcats start out red hot, which TTU wasn't ready for and they break out to a 14-0 lead after a quarter. TTU strikes back and narrows it to 17-14 when the Cats are forced to kick the fg before half. Half time adjustments go well for Choate who knows his team and CB wills the Cats into the endzone 2 more times to make it 31-21 Cats. In the final quarter, the Cats are gassed but are able to hold off the Red Raiders; they chew down the clock for a 34-28 win!

Bobcats surge to the top 3 in most major polls, Craig Haley doesn't know what to do with his hands, and Pickle Barrel gives out free sandwiches for the rest of the day.

That's my fantasy at least, and my secondary fantasy is to enter a 4-day hibernation so we can get to gameday faster!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Koolaid Drinking Time - Texas Tech

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am

...and then we get beat by Chadron State the next week.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:33 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am

Yup, I was ready to buy tickets to Chattanooga and then Chadron dumped a big bucket of spit on everyone.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:46 am

Let's don't forget the victory over Fresno State in 1984. Back then (at least that year) we ended conference play in mid November and our last game of the 'regular season' was against Fresno State. If memory serves me correctly (????) we kept it close and had 2 late scores to win 35-31. We had a 'bye' week before the playoffs started, followed by 2 home games and a trip to the Natty where we beat Louisiana Tech.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Cledus wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:33 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am

Yup, I was ready to buy tickets to Chattanooga and then Chadron dumped a big bucket of spit on everyone.
Couldn't tackle or stop that guy for the life of Riley. Danny Woodhead is forever in our heads! :lol: