TV for Texas Tech game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatNation Letterman

Re: TV for Texas Tech game

Post by 110010110 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Oddly enough I don't get Root, but I do get Fox Sports Southwest. Can anyone confirm the game will be on there? My guide only goes out 5 days.

FlyCastingCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FlyCastingCat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:05 pm
I have not seen nor heard if ROOT has a steaming service? I do have the Texas Tech network though. I guess we’ll be going to a local watering hole.
Root has an app that lets you watch live TV. You have to get Root through cable or direct tv as that is how you log in to the service. Unfortunately not all cable companies are supported (charter spectrum is not for example).

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by CatRowdy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:56 pm

110010110 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Oddly enough I don't get Root, but I do get Fox Sports Southwest. Can anyone confirm the game will be on there? My guide only goes out 5 days.
Currently TV passport lists a high school game on at that time, but both schools reference fox; so perhaps just not updated.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:09 pm

110010110 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:34 pm
MSU web site lists Fox Sports Southwest for TV. I don't get it, so I can't verify, but MSU is usually right.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:07 pm

My guide on dish says I will get the game on channel 426 subject to schedule change. Two of my friends also on dish with all the channels don't show it.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:16 pm

Root Sports on dish is on 412.16. If you go to Saturday you’ll find it at 2:00

grizband
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by grizband » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:57 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am
I view Root Sports out of Seattle putting this game on as a pretty big deal. Seldom (if ever) have I seen Root (NW) importing a Big 12 game for a match up with any western FCS opponent. Root covers Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon and about 80% of Idaho, including Boise. That's a market of about 15,000,000 people. Finding advertising money to support this program versus all the other programing that might be available is pretty remarkable. And the interest is definitley not Texas Tech. This one is compliments of Root and the Bobcats. Thanks Root Sports!
Root Sports used to be Fox Sports NW, so many games played on FSN (which airs many Big 12 games) are played on Root Sports in the PNW.

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am

I don't have cable so my plan is to sign up for Hulu TV and take advantage of their 7 day free trial. (Fox Sports SW is listed on their TV line up)

DaCats21

Post by DaCats21 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:29 am

Cats15 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am
I don't have cable so my plan is to sign up for Hulu TV and take advantage of their 7 day free trial. (Fox Sports SW is listed on their TV line up)
Wont work. Yes it is listed in their lineup, but you have to live in the FSSW market to get that channel

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:23 am

VPN?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:55 am

I think since Costello has taken over, the AD has been fantastic on putting out future schedules. I think their publishing of game times could be better but acknowledge that at least to some degree that could be due to the fact that the broadcasting company doesn’t decide when they’re going to broadcast the game in a timely manner.

However, I don’t see why that 5 days before a game, and quite often the day of the game, it is not abundantly clear as to what specific station/s will be televising the upcoming game (at least the stations in the state). Maybe they’re trying to get you to attend the game rather than watch it. The fact that on this board Bobcat Fans don’t know for sure how/where to watch the upcoming game is absurd.

I have gotten online and saw where MSU @ TT is listed on the Root Sports NW schedule https://northwest.rootsports.com/tv-schedule/ , which I believe is 687 on Direct TV and 426 on DISH. However, it is not shown as Root Sports televising the game on either the MSU Bobcat website https://msubobcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=football or the Big Sky Conference website https://bigskyconf.com/calendar.aspx?path=football . The fact that at this point, 5 days out, it is not clear as to how to watch this week’s game is disappointing & frustrating. I suspect in 2 weeks vs WIU the same scenario will play out.

GO CATS!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:10 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:55 am
I think since Costello has taken over, the AD has been fantastic on putting out future schedules. I think their publishing of game times could be better but acknowledge that at least to some degree that could be due to the fact that the broadcasting company doesn’t decide when they’re going to broadcast the game in a timely manner.

However, I don’t see why that 5 days before a game, and quite often the day of the game, it is not abundantly clear as to what specific station/s will be televising the upcoming game (at least the stations in the state). Maybe they’re trying to get you to attend the game rather than watch it. The fact that on this board Bobcat Fans don’t know for sure how/where to watch the upcoming game is absurd.

I have gotten online and saw where MSU @ TT is listed on the Root Sports NW schedule https://northwest.rootsports.com/tv-schedule/ , which I believe is 687 on Direct TV and 426 on DISH. However, it is not shown as Root Sports televising the game on either the MSU Bobcat website https://msubobcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=football or the Big Sky Conference website https://bigskyconf.com/calendar.aspx?path=football . The fact that at this point, 5 days out, it is not clear as to how to watch this week’s game is disappointing & frustrating. I suspect in 2 weeks vs WIU the same scenario will play out.

GO CATS!
I'm not sure what isn't clear. The game is not being shown locally. It's being televised on ROOT Sports Northwest as well as a couple different FOX Sports channels including Fox Sports Southwest.

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:20 am

Where's a good bar to catch the game in Kalispell?

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:30 am

DaCats21 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:29 am
Cats15 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am
Wont work. Yes it is listed in their lineup, but you have to live in the FSSW market to get that channel
Oh, good to know. Thanks! I will look into the ATT TV and hope that it is picked up on the Audience channel.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:38 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:10 am
The MICKSTER wrote:

GO CATS!
I'm not sure what isn't clear. The game is not being shown locally. It's being televised on ROOT Sports Northwest as well as a couple different FOX Sports channels including Fox Sports Southwest.
Just 2 weeks ago the BSC put out this info regarding Root Sports televised games https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/8/12/f ... times.aspx , which doesn't list the MSU@TT game. Currently neither the BSC website nor the MSU Bobcats website list Root Sports as televising the game, although currently the Root Sports website does. It seems reasonable to me that since Direct TV and DISH are the primary satellite TV providers that the channels for Fox Sports SW and Root Sports NW for both of those providers should be listed.

Do I THINK that Root Sports NW added the game just recently and the BSC & MSU websites just haven't updated their info....YES. Do I KNOW that to be the case....NO. Should the MSU AD update the schedule/broadcast info on their website in a timely manner, especially the week of the game, IMHO....YES. GO CATS!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:34 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:38 am
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:10 am
The MICKSTER wrote:

GO CATS!
Just 2 weeks ago the BSC put out this info regarding Root Sports televised games https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/8/12/f ... times.aspx , which doesn't list the MSU@TT game. Currently neither the BSC website nor the MSU Bobcats website list Root Sports as televising the game, although currently the Root Sports website does. It seems reasonable to me that since Direct TV and DISH are the primary satellite TV providers that the channels for Fox Sports SW and Root Sports NW for both of those providers should be listed.

Do I THINK that Root Sports NW added the game just recently and the BSC & MSU websites just haven't updated their info....YES. Do I KNOW that to be the case....NO. Should the MSU AD update the schedule/broadcast info on their website in a timely manner, especially the week of the game, IMHO....YES. GO CATS!
The difference is, ROOT sports picked up the FSSW broadcast to fill their air time with a game that may be appealing to some fans in their market. They do the exact same things with random MWC, Big 12 and PAC-12 games on many Saturdays throughout the CFB season, even on day when their broadcast crews are doing BSC games. Highly doubtful this was in any way coordinated with BSC or MSU staff in any way. Another thing is, these impromptu/ad-hoc broadcasts sometimes don't work out, for whatever reason (rights, blackouts, etc.), so MSU could get egg on their face if they were to publicize it.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:48 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:20 am
Also curious. Found out last night we are camping in the the 5th Wheel at Hungry Horse this weekend. So waiting to hear of a BOBCAT friendly spot. Thought I saw here a year or so ago there is an o!d BOBCAT with a bar there somewhere...
And a 2pm Mt time start, correct???

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

tdub

Post by tdub » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:06 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:48 pm
msuhunter wrote:
Also curious. Found out last night we are camping in the the 5th Wheel at Hungry Horse this weekend. So waiting to hear of a BOBCAT friendly spot. Thought I saw here a year or so ago there is an o!d BOBCAT with a bar there somewhere...
Should be an epically awesome weekend up on Hungry Horse. Was there Saturday last weekend and I may find myself boating there Sunday or Monday. Which campground? We launch our boat at Doris Point. When we were up there Saturday it was quiet and beautiful.

As far as the game here, the spots in Kalispell for sports bars are Buffalo Wild Wings, Fatt Boys, and the Scoreboard. Not sure if anyone in town will have more screens than them. In Whitefish, maybe the Bulldog or the Great Northern Bar. If you’re at Hungry Horse, try the Remington in Columbia Falls, that’s be closer than anywhere else.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 pm

tdub wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:06 pm
RickRund wrote:
msuhunter wrote:
Should be an epically awesome weekend up on Hungry Horse. Was there Saturday last weekend and I may find myself boating there Sunday or Monday. Which campground? We launch our boat at Doris Point. When we were up there Saturday it was quiet and beautiful.

As far as the game here, the spots in Kalispell for sports bars are Buffalo Wild Wings, Fatt Boys, and the Scoreboard. Not sure if anyone in town will have more screens than them. In Whitefish, maybe the Bulldog or the Great Northern Bar. If you’re at Hungry Horse, try the Remington in Columbia Falls, that’s be closer than anywhere else.
Staying at Timber Wolf RV Park... Not sure where we will be at game time but maybe we can be hungry around 2...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

tdub

Post by tdub » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:23 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 pm
tdub wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:06 pm
RickRund wrote:
msuhunter wrote:

Staying at Timber Wolf RV Park... Not sure where we will be at game time but maybe we can be hungry around 2...
That’s a good spot...and a very wise meal plan.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable