TV for Texas Tech game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: TV for Texas Tech game

Post by Mr Lisle » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

To repeat and confirm what has been said above...the game is in fact on Root Sports in the Northwest. I am looking at the actual Root Sports Schedule on my TV now showing "Montana State at Texas Tech, 1:00-4:30". That is Pacific Time. I have Spectrum (Charter).
So, it seems regardless of your provider, if you have Root Sports in your package, it's game on!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 am
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:24 am
91catAlum wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:07 pm
It's on ROOT Sports Northwest. Same channel that carries the Cat griz game every year. Easy access!
Easy for some maybe but in my area the only way I can find, to get Root, is through DirecTV. Last year I could get it on DirecTV NOW but it doesn't appear to be available there this year. As a matter of fact it's doesn't appear to be available on any streaming service I can find and since I am unwilling to go satellite TV, Root doesn't look like an option.

If there are other options to get Root I would love to hear them since that is what Cat/griz is on.
True, not everyone has DirecTv. I just meant most sports bars do carry DirecTv so most people have that option, at least.
Thanks. Sports bar here I come!
Yes, I will probably be hitting Caddyshack. They have let me watch games in the past...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:33 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am
To repeat and confirm what has been said above...the game is in fact on Root Sports in the Northwest. I am looking at the actual Root Sports Schedule on my TV now showing "Montana State at Texas Tech, 1:00-4:30". That is Pacific Time. I have Spectrum (Charter).
So, it seems regardless of your provider, if you have Root Sports in your package, it's game on!
Confirmed! Thanks for sharing. I was starting to panic that I'd not be able to see the opener.

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 am

RickRund wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
It's on ROOT Sports Northwest. Same channel that carries the Cat griz game every year. Easy access!
Easy for some maybe but in my area the only way I can find, to get Root, is through DirecTV. Last year I could get it on DirecTV NOW but it doesn't appear to be available there this year. As a matter of fact it's doesn't appear to be available on any streaming service I can find and since I am unwilling to go satellite TV, Root doesn't look like an option.

If there are other options to get Root I would love to hear them since that is what Cat/griz is on.

True, not everyone has DirecTv. I just meant most sports bars do carry DirecTv so most people have that option, at least.
Yes, I will probably be hitting Caddyshack. They have let me watch games in the past...
Maybe I will see you there. Capone’s is another place I have watched games if Caddyshack doesn’t work out.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:25 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:33 am
Mr Lisle wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am
Confirmed! Thanks for sharing. I was starting to panic that I'd not be able to see the opener.
Yep...the game is now showing up on Root Sports on the Spectrum Cable program guide here in GF.

BigHoss
New Recruit

Post by BigHoss » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:40 am

Does that mean it will also show on Audience Network on the Watch Att app? Anybody know? I live in Florida and was gonna wait on subscribing til the Root games showed, but if I can get this one I'll subscribe today. Never miss a snap, even way down south here. Gotta love that.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:48 am

Game doesn't show up yet on my Dish network schedule. But the Dish schedule doesn't go to next Saturday yet - they only go a week in advance.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:28 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 am
RickRund wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:59 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Maybe I will see you there. Capone’s is another place I have watched games if Caddyshack doesn’t work out.
And Capone's would be a better choice. Maybe more food choices and a bit better adult beverage selection... Now there is a fourth Capone's in Fernan, Ponderosa Golf. Our Grandson in Law likes playing there. A Par 3 course...
Let me know if you want to meet up...

GOOOOOOOO BOBCATS

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 am

BigHoss wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:40 am
Does that mean it will also show on Audience Network on the Watch Att app? Anybody know? I live in Florida and was gonna wait on subscribing til the Root games showed, but if I can get this one I'll subscribe today. Never miss a snap, even way down south here. Gotta love that.
I believe so, but can't promise that - I'm researching so i can get something definitive and will post if i find out.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

tdub

Post by tdub » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:42 am

codecat wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 am
BigHoss wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:40 am
I believe so, but can't promise that - I'm researching so i can get something definitive and will post if i find out.
The game is not on the Audience Network guide yet. Very little Root content is shown on Audience. It’s only been the Root-televised conference games so far. So keeping my fingers crossed that they pick up this game.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am

It is now showing up on Root Northwest web site channel guide
https://northwest.rootsports.com/tv-schedule/

I'm on Dish so I wont see it on their guide until Saturday

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Mr Lisle

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am

I view Root Sports out of Seattle putting this game on as a pretty big deal. Seldom (if ever) have I seen Root (NW) importing a Big 12 game for a match up with any western FCS opponent. Root covers Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon and about 80% of Idaho, including Boise. That's a market of about 15,000,000 people. Finding advertising money to support this program versus all the other programing that might be available is pretty remarkable. And the interest is definitley not Texas Tech. This one is compliments of Root and the Bobcats. Thanks Root Sports!

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 am

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am

I have Dish as well and as of this morning it is showing up on Root so it does appear as long as you have Root no matter the provider you should get the game.

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:37 am

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:31 am
cats2506 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am

I have Dish as well and as of this morning it is showing up on Root so it does appear as long as you have Root no matter the provider you should get the game.
Excellent News!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am
I view Root Sports out of Seattle putting this game on as a pretty big deal. Seldom (if ever) have I seen Root (NW) importing a Big 12 game for a match up with any western FCS opponent. Root covers Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon and about 80% of Idaho, including Boise. That's a market of about 15,000,000 people. Finding advertising money to support this program versus all the other programing that might be available is pretty remarkable. And the interest is definitley not Texas Tech. This one is compliments of Root and the Bobcats. Thanks Root Sports!
My thoughts as well. They have been a great TV partner for the BSC, that's for sure!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:38 pm

channel 426 on my dish. Got it set to record.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ButteCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteCat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:12 am

I just checked our tv guide on Spectrum in Butte. The game is on Root, channel 533.

FlyCastingCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FlyCastingCat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 pm

I have charter spectrum out of Billings and the griz game is airing on SWX at 1:00 pm. The Cat game will be on Root at 2:00 pm. Not sure what the commensurate direct tv channels would be.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:05 pm

I have not seen nor heard if ROOT has a steaming service? I do have the Texas Tech network though. I guess we’ll be going to a local watering hole.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

ButteCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ButteCat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Channel 533 Root on Butte Charter