College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 am

codecat wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:51 am
#13 Indiana State FCS Football-2019 Preview (Sycamores)
#4 Missouri Valley
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17717

Finished 2018 just outside the stats poll, #15 in the Hero, and outside the CSM poll. They start 2019 #16 in Stats, #18 in the Hero, and #13 here.
Indiana State was one of the best stories in all of football last year. During Coach Curt Mallory’s first season in 2017, the Sycamores went 0-11. Last year they turned it around and went 7-4 and were squarely on the playoff bubble. While it was disappointing to miss out on the playoffs, Indiana State won their last five games and head into 2018 with a lot of positive momentum.

The Bottom Line:
Indiana State has a manageable non-conference schedule with a trip to Kansas and home dates against Dayton, Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Illinois. That contest against EKU will be huge with both programs having legitimate playoff hopes. The one conference opponent Indiana State does not face is North Dakota State. That should help with the win column. Games against South Dakota State and Illinois State on October 19th and October 26th could decide Indiana State’s playoff chances and their outside hopes to win a MVFC title.
Another strange ranking. They missed playoffs last year, lost their leading rusher and have major questions on defense. Their leading returning rusher is the QB who only had 600 rushing and 1,600 passing.



User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by codecat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am

#12 Montana FCS Football-2019 Preview (Griz)
#4 Big Sky
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17720

Finished 2018 just outside the Stats poll, #23 in the Hero, and not in the CSM poll. They are starting 2019 at #25 in Stats, just outside the Hero, and #12 here.
Coach Bobby Hauck returned to Montana last season with high expectations. And why would they not be high? He only led the Grizzlies to seven conference titles during his seven seasons between 2003 and 2009. And the 2018 campaign started very well with a win over Northern Iowa and a 4-1 start. But things went bad after that and the Grizzlies lost four of their last six.

The Bottom Line:
The season starts with a very intriguing trip to South Dakota. The loser of that contest will have to make up some ground when it comes to reaching the playoffs. A month later the Grizzlies open their conference slate with a trip to UC Davis. Other Big Sky favorites, Eastern Washington and Weber State, have to come to Missoula. If Montana’s defense can keep those games close, the offense has the ability to pull off a few very big wins this season.


What is pro Human Rights about assisting the Cartels in promoting drug, human, and gang trafficking?

Cataholic
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by Cataholic » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am

codecat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am
#12 Montana FCS Football-2019 Preview (Griz)
#4 Big Sky
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17720

Finished 2018 just outside the Stats poll, #23 in the Hero, and not in the CSM poll. They are starting 2019 at #25 in Stats, just outside the Hero, and #12 here.
Coach Bobby Hauck returned to Montana last season with high expectations. And why would they not be high? He only led the Grizzlies to seven conference titles during his seven seasons between 2003 and 2009. And the 2018 campaign started very well with a win over Northern Iowa and a 4-1 start. But things went bad after that and the Grizzlies lost four of their last six.

The Bottom Line:
The season starts with a very intriguing trip to South Dakota. The loser of that contest will have to make up some ground when it comes to reaching the playoffs. A month later the Grizzlies open their conference slate with a trip to UC Davis. Other Big Sky favorites, Eastern Washington and Weber State, have to come to Missoula. If Montana’s defense can keep those games close, the offense has the ability to pull off a few very big wins this season.
🤷‍♂️🤔No mention of their weakest position last year: offensive line? Says key to success is improved defense, despite the fact that they had possibly the best defensive player in the country back from last year? Strange rankings indeed...



User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4069
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by Cledus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am
codecat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am
#12 Montana FCS Football-2019 Preview (Griz)
#4 Big Sky
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17720

Finished 2018 just outside the Stats poll, #23 in the Hero, and not in the CSM poll. They are starting 2019 at #25 in Stats, just outside the Hero, and #12 here.
Coach Bobby Hauck returned to Montana last season with high expectations. And why would they not be high? He only led the Grizzlies to seven conference titles during his seven seasons between 2003 and 2009. And the 2018 campaign started very well with a win over Northern Iowa and a 4-1 start. But things went bad after that and the Grizzlies lost four of their last six.

The Bottom Line:
The season starts with a very intriguing trip to South Dakota. The loser of that contest will have to make up some ground when it comes to reaching the playoffs. A month later the Grizzlies open their conference slate with a trip to UC Davis. Other Big Sky favorites, Eastern Washington and Weber State, have to come to Missoula. If Montana’s defense can keep those games close, the offense has the ability to pull off a few very big wins this season.
🤷‍♂️🤔No mention of their weakest position last year: offensive line? Says key to success is improved defense, despite the fact that they had possibly the best defensive player in the country back from last year? Strange rankings indeed...
Yeah, it seems the author wanted to go way out on a limb so as not to be seen as some kind of brain dead bot copying and pasting all the other preseason polls and predictions . Makes sense when you consider missoula has one of the best we-used-to-be-good resumes out there.

Either that, or he was paid to put missoula up there high because it’s easier to maintain a spot in the rankings than climb, e.g. UC Davis.



User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6469
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 am

While I disagree that UM should be this high (top 25, yes....#12, no). I like it. More bulletin board material for the Cats.
#norespect #neveragain



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7572
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by allcat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am

I should give my list.
1. Montana State
2. Everybody else.


Joining the whiners club till we never lose a game again.

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by codecat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am

#11 Illinois State FCS Football-2019 Preview (Redbirds)
#3 Missouri Valley
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17723

Finished 2018 just outside Stats, #10 in the Hero, and outside the CSM poll, and starting 2019 at#15 in the Stats, #9 in Hero, and #11 here.
Illinois State has missed out on the playoffs for two straight seasons. It looked like the Redbirds were in good shape last year though. They started 5-1, which included a 35-19 victory over Colorado State, before losing their next four games. That losing streak was a very difficult stretch of games, but this is a program that expects to win some of those games and compete for a conference title. With a very tough defense, Illinois State can turn some of those losses into wins and return to the playoffs.

The Bottom Line:
This group has everything they need to make a deep playoff run and compete with the best the MVFC has to offer. And we will not have to wait long to see where Illinois State stacks up against the rest of the conference. The Redbirds kick off conference play at home against North Dakota State on October 5th. That contest could shape the conference title race for the rest of the season. Prior to that Illinois State faces off against Northern Illinois, Morehead State, Eastern Illinois and Northern Arizona in non-conference action. That is not an easy slate of games, but this should be an Illinois State team that can take care of business against most of their FCS opponents.


What is pro Human Rights about assisting the Cartels in promoting drug, human, and gang trafficking?

User avatar
seataccat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 969
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Portland or Seattle

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by seataccat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 am

Cledus wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am
codecat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am
#12 Montana FCS Football-2019 Preview (Griz)
#4 Big Sky
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17720

Finished 2018 just outside the Stats poll, #23 in the Hero, and not in the CSM poll. They are starting 2019 at #25 in Stats, just outside the Hero, and #12 here.
Coach Bobby Hauck returned to Montana last season with high expectations. And why would they not be high? He only led the Grizzlies to seven conference titles during his seven seasons between 2003 and 2009. And the 2018 campaign started very well with a win over Northern Iowa and a 4-1 start. But things went bad after that and the Grizzlies lost four of their last six.

The Bottom Line:
The season starts with a very intriguing trip to South Dakota. The loser of that contest will have to make up some ground when it comes to reaching the playoffs. A month later the Grizzlies open their conference slate with a trip to UC Davis. Other Big Sky favorites, Eastern Washington and Weber State, have to come to Missoula. If Montana’s defense can keep those games close, the offense has the ability to pull off a few very big wins this season.
🤷‍♂️🤔No mention of their weakest position last year: offensive line? Says key to success is improved defense, despite the fact that they had possibly the best defensive player in the country back from last year? Strange rankings indeed...
Yeah, it seems the author wanted to go way out on a limb so as not to be seen as some kind of brain dead bot copying and pasting all the other preseason polls and predictions . Makes sense when you consider missoula has one of the best we-used-to-be-good resumes out there.

Either that, or he was paid to put missoula up there high because it’s easier to maintain a spot in the rankings than climb, e.g. UC Davis.
This ranking cannot really be justified. But I wont be surprised if they actually finish the season way better than people expect. I would love to see the fizz return to being the doormats they were through the 70's but I wouldn't bet on it.


"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4236
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:37 am

seataccat wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 am
Cledus wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am
codecat wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am
#12 Montana FCS Football-2019 Preview (Griz)
#4 Big Sky
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17720

Finished 2018 just outside the Stats poll, #23 in the Hero, and not in the CSM poll. They are starting 2019 at #25 in Stats, just outside the Hero, and #12 here.
Coach Bobby Hauck returned to Montana last season with high expectations. And why would they not be high? He only led the Grizzlies to seven conference titles during his seven seasons between 2003 and 2009. And the 2018 campaign started very well with a win over Northern Iowa and a 4-1 start. But things went bad after that and the Grizzlies lost four of their last six.

The Bottom Line:
The season starts with a very intriguing trip to South Dakota. The loser of that contest will have to make up some ground when it comes to reaching the playoffs. A month later the Grizzlies open their conference slate with a trip to UC Davis. Other Big Sky favorites, Eastern Washington and Weber State, have to come to Missoula. If Montana’s defense can keep those games close, the offense has the ability to pull off a few very big wins this season.
🤷‍♂️🤔No mention of their weakest position last year: offensive line? Says key to success is improved defense, despite the fact that they had possibly the best defensive player in the country back from last year? Strange rankings indeed...
Yeah, it seems the author wanted to go way out on a limb so as not to be seen as some kind of brain dead bot copying and pasting all the other preseason polls and predictions . Makes sense when you consider missoula has one of the best we-used-to-be-good resumes out there.

Either that, or he was paid to put missoula up there high because it’s easier to maintain a spot in the rankings than climb, e.g. UC Davis.
This ranking cannot really be justified. But I wont be surprised if they actually finish the season way better than people expect. I would love to see the fizz return to being the doormats they were through the 70's but I wouldn't bet on it.
I’m not sure how good South Dakota is, but the Griz open the season there. If they come away from there with a win it could set them up for a nice season. A loss and they’ll probably need to go 6-2 in league to make the playoffs.



User avatar
Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Missoula MT, Bozeman MT

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 am

Let us not overlook the most important part of this....... FTG! Go Bobcats! =D^


Go Cats Go! FTG

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1724
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am

The grizzlies absolutely sh*t the bed last year in a couple games. If they win those, this ranking would've been more justified. It's a big "IF", but it's not a wide margin. IF they win a couple big games this year they'll be in the top 15 easily, as long as they don't lose any really bad games. But that's another big if. In the bold predictions thread somebody said Cat-griz will be for the conference championship. If that happens, both teams will probably be in the top 10 and not dropping far with a loss. Having said that, it's outrageous that they get a head start like this. That's a legacy ranking.


Image

User avatar
Cledus
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4069
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Location: Billings Heights

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by Cledus » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:11 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:37 am

I’m not sure how good South Dakota is, but the Griz open the season there. If they come away from there with a win it could set them up for a nice season. A loss and they’ll probably need to go 6-2 in league to make the playoffs.
S Dakota had the top passing offense in their league last year and #13 in the nation. um had the #9 secondary in the BSC last year. Overall, I'd give um the edge but if S Dakota can their air game heated up it wouldn't surprise me if they win by more than a score.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5768
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:02 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am
The grizzlies absolutely sh*t the bed last year in a couple games. If they win those, this ranking would've been more justified. It's a big "IF", but it's not a wide margin. IF they win a couple big games this year they'll be in the top 15 easily, as long as they don't lose any really bad games. But that's another big if. In the bold predictions thread somebody said Cat-griz will be for the conference championship. If that happens, both teams will probably be in the top 10 and not dropping far with a loss. Having said that, it's outrageous that they get a head start like this. That's a legacy ranking.
Am I missing something here? I didn't think that was an official poll. I thought the official poll had them out of the top 25, or maybe right at 25 or something........


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
codecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2198
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: Laurel

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by codecat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:28 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:02 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am
The grizzlies absolutely sh*t the bed last year in a couple games. If they win those, this ranking would've been more justified. It's a big "IF", but it's not a wide margin. IF they win a couple big games this year they'll be in the top 15 easily, as long as they don't lose any really bad games. But that's another big if. In the bold predictions thread somebody said Cat-griz will be for the conference championship. If that happens, both teams will probably be in the top 10 and not dropping far with a loss. Having said that, it's outrageous that they get a head start like this. That's a legacy ranking.
Am I missing something here? I didn't think that was an official poll. I thought the official poll had them out of the top 25, or maybe right at 25 or something........
Here is what I looked up when I posted there position in the CSM poll:
Finished 2018 just outside the Stats poll, #23 in the Hero, and not in the CSM poll. They are starting 2019 at #25 in Stats, just outside the Hero, and #12 here.


What is pro Human Rights about assisting the Cartels in promoting drug, human, and gang trafficking?

The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:02 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am
The grizzlies absolutely sh*t the bed last year in a couple games. If they win those, this ranking would've been more justified. It's a big "IF", but it's not a wide margin. IF they win a couple big games this year they'll be in the top 15 easily, as long as they don't lose any really bad games. But that's another big if. In the bold predictions thread somebody said Cat-griz will be for the conference championship. If that happens, both teams will probably be in the top 10 and not dropping far with a loss. Having said that, it's outrageous that they get a head start like this. That's a legacy ranking.
Am I missing something here? I didn't think that was an official poll. I thought the official poll had them out of the top 25, or maybe right at 25 or something........
You're right.....most polls have them at 25....another has them at 23, another has them at 36. I've seen us at 7, 8, 14, & 17 but most are at 14. Somebody was smoking something when they put the gizz at 12 preseason. Although, us at 7/8 preseason isn't reasonable either. Could we finish 7th....yes, could the gizz finish 12th.....maybe, but to say that's where we/they should be in a PREseason poll is a stretch.

As far as the coulda, shoulda, woulda been with the gizz last year......they were ahead of WIU 26-0 at halftime and held on to win 26-23 (IF WIU would had managed their timeouts better they easily could have won)....the gizz were tied with Sac St in the 4th quarter and ended up winning by 7 (Sac St finished 0-7 in the conference). Just a reminder the gizz finished 4-4 in conference.....tied for 6th in a conference of 13, and that was with a very favorable conference schedule. We could have beaten WSU & ISU if things would have bounced a different way, and, we could have lost to WIU, UI, & um. Every team every year usually has a game or two that they were close to winning or close to losing.....in the end your as good as your record. This year our schedules are flip-flopped from last year.....they have the more difficult BSC schedule where ours (at least on paper) is much easier. GO CATS!



DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm
Contact:

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

As far as the coulda, shoulda, woulda been with the gizz last year......they were ahead of WIU 26-0 at halftime and held on to win 26-23 (IF WIU would had managed their timeouts better they easily could have won)
I think you might be confusing our game against WIU last year with theirs. We beat them 26-23. The Griz lost in the closing minutes of their game with WIU. In the Griz game, WIU finally went ahead with under 3 minutes remaining. The Griz were charging back when Snead was picked off with a minute and a half remaining.

Final score 27-31 WIU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... =401030173
Last edited by DriscollCat on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
RobertCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1468
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by RobertCats » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am
catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:02 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am
The grizzlies absolutely sh*t the bed last year in a couple games. If they win those, this ranking would've been more justified. It's a big "IF", but it's not a wide margin. IF they win a couple big games this year they'll be in the top 15 easily, as long as they don't lose any really bad games. But that's another big if. In the bold predictions thread somebody said Cat-griz will be for the conference championship. If that happens, both teams will probably be in the top 10 and not dropping far with a loss. Having said that, it's outrageous that they get a head start like this. That's a legacy ranking.
Am I missing something here? I didn't think that was an official poll. I thought the official poll had them out of the top 25, or maybe right at 25 or something........
You're right.....most polls have them at 25....another has them at 23, another has them at 36. I've seen us at 7, 8, 14, & 17 but most are at 14. Somebody was smoking something when they put the gizz at 12 preseason. Although, us at 7/8 preseason isn't reasonable either. Could we finish 7th....yes, could the gizz finish 12th.....maybe, but to say that's where we/they should be in a PREseason poll is a stretch.

As far as the coulda, shoulda, woulda been with the gizz last year......they were ahead of WIU 26-0 at halftime and held on to win 26-23 (IF WIU would had managed their timeouts better they easily could have won)....the gizz were tied with Sac St in the 4th quarter and ended up winning by 7 (Sac St finished 0-7 in the conference). Just a reminder the gizz finished 4-4 in conference.....tied for 6th in a conference of 13, and that was with a very favorable conference schedule. We could have beaten WSU & ISU if things would have bounced a different way, and, we could have lost to WIU, UI, & um. Every team every year usually has a game or two that they were close to winning or close to losing.....in the end your as good as your record. This year our schedules are flip-flopped from last year.....they have the more difficult BSC schedule where ours (at least on paper) is much easier. GO CATS!

Good point! Although it was Northern Iowa the Griz beat after being up 26-0 at the half, they lost to WIU. I get it, a purple and yellow team from the MVFC, I get em mixed up all the time.



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

As far as the coulda, shoulda, woulda been with the gizz last year......they were ahead of WIU 26-0 at halftime and held on to win 26-23 (IF WIU would had managed their timeouts better they easily could have won)
I think you might be confusing our game against WIU last year with theirs. We beat them 26-23. The Griz lost in the closing minutes of their game with WIU. In the Griz game, WIU finally went ahead with under 3 minutes remaining. The Griz were charging back when Snead was picked off with a minute and a half remaining.

Final score 27-31 WIU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... =401030173
He's thinking of the griz game vs Northern Iowa. It's odd the score was the same, but the griz were up 26-0 at half and held on 26-23.


Image

The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:13 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

As far as the coulda, shoulda, woulda been with the gizz last year......they were ahead of WIU 26-0 at halftime and held on to win 26-23 (IF WIU would had managed their timeouts better they easily could have won)
I think you might be confusing our game against WIU last year with theirs. We beat them 26-23. The Griz lost in the closing minutes of their game with WIU. In the Griz game, WIU finally went ahead with under 3 minutes remaining. The Griz were charging back when Snead was picked off with a minute and a half remaining.

Final score 27-31 WIU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... =401030173
He's thinking of the griz game vs Northern Iowa. It's odd the score was the same, but the griz were up 26-0 at half and held on 26-23.
Yep....my bad, it was UNI not WIU. Maybe my wife is right....I am losing it. GO CATS!



DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1504
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm
Contact:

Re: College Sports Madness-2019 Top 44 Countdown

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:57 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:13 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 am

As far as the coulda, shoulda, woulda been with the gizz last year......they were ahead of WIU 26-0 at halftime and held on to win 26-23 (IF WIU would had managed their timeouts better they easily could have won)
I think you might be confusing our game against WIU last year with theirs. We beat them 26-23. The Griz lost in the closing minutes of their game with WIU. In the Griz game, WIU finally went ahead with under 3 minutes remaining. The Griz were charging back when Snead was picked off with a minute and a half remaining.

Final score 27-31 WIU.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... =401030173
He's thinking of the griz game vs Northern Iowa. It's odd the score was the same, but the griz were up 26-0 at half and held on 26-23.
Yep....my bad, it was UNI not WIU. Maybe my wife is right....I am losing it. GO CATS!
Yeah, sorry. Didn’t see the post about UNI until I had posted about our game with WIU. Remarkable that the scores were the same, also that the team from Montana won the game. I just switched out the wrong team.



Post Reply