Employed or not

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Employed or not

Post by superbobcat » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Has Coach Ty G found a job yet ?

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Employed or not

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 pm

I heard rumblings he may leave coaching and go into insurance. No idea if it’s true or not, but i have heard that scenario a few times now.

If your left, you aren’t right.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:08 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 pm
I heard rumblings he may leave coaching and go into insurance. No idea if it’s true or not, but i have heard that scenario a few times now.
I really thought he could make the next step to FBS. What ever he choose's he'll do just fine. Great coach!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 am

FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:08 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 pm
I really thought he could make the next step to FBS. What ever he choose's he'll do just fine. Great coach!
I think he most definitely could if that's what he wanted to do. I think he'll enjoy life away from the sidelines for a bit.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am

Perhaps the 'incident' is a factor. Still haven't heard what constituted a incident. Good luck to him.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:55 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am
Perhaps the 'incident' is a factor. Still haven't heard what constituted a incident. Good luck to him.
There was no incident.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 am

That's not what a cat poster on eGriz claimed. I'll see if I can find the posts and let you judge. This may take me a while.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 am
That's not what a cat poster on eGriz claimed. I'll see if I can find the posts and let you judge. This may take me a while.
He was misinformed...or just wrong.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:20 pm

He seems to be enjoying time with family. Easily researched on the bookface.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:49 pm

OK, I found the reference on eGriz, from 'poorgriz' , Jan. 15, @ 0933....
"Not exactly. He was going to get one more year and if the 2019 defense wasn't significantly better than 2018 he was getting let go. The incident that happened(that could have potentially damaged MSU) escalated that time line."

When pressed about the 'incident,' he posted this at 1227, same day:

"Not a chance in hell I'm going to post it here. In fact I don't even know for sure but I heard from a fairly reliable source some of what happened. It definitely could have painted MSU in a bad light."

Take it for what you think its worth. He claims to be a BN poster.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:49 pm
OK, I found the reference on eGriz, from 'poorgriz' , Jan. 15, @ 0933....
"Not exactly. He was going to get one more year and if the 2019 defense wasn't significantly better than 2018 he was getting let go. The incident that happened(that could have potentially damaged MSU) escalated that time line."

When pressed about the 'incident,' he posted this at 1227, same day:

"Not a chance in hell I'm going to post it here. In fact I don't even know for sure but I heard from a fairly reliable source some of what happened. It definitely could have painted MSU in a bad light."

Take it for what you think its worth. He claims to be a BN poster.
Choate wanted a change at defensive coordinator, expedited that change by hiring Kane and parting ways with Ty, Ty didn't expect to be gone for the 2019 season so he didn't have a job lined up, and now he is taking this time to enjoy his family and looking into possible non-football job opportunities.

People are allowed to believe what they want. But this was a coaching change made by Choate to try to make the defense better.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 pm

Sounds believable to me. I have nothing against the man, and wish him the best.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:21 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 pm
Same here. He's a good coach and it is fair to say Choate is betting his job on his evaluation of Kane's "readiness". I think its going to be an exciting spring and fall.

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:45 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:21 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Same here. He's a good coach and it is fair to say Choate is betting his job on his evaluation of Kane's "readiness". I think its going to be an exciting spring and fall.
The Bobcat defense made a huge turn around in Choate's first season with mostly players from the prior season, which was one of the Bobcats worst D's ever. Last season the Bobcats finished 3rd in most categories, behind Weber and EWU. They did it without a single 1st team All-BSC defender.
I couldn't have hoped for much better since Coach Choate came to Bozeman.
In many ways it's the offense that still needs cleaning up. If we combined the 2015 offense with the 2018 defense, Frisco may have been possible.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:45 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:21 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
The Bobcat defense made a huge turn around in Choate's first season with mostly players from the prior season, which was one of the Bobcats worst D's ever. Last season the Bobcats finished 3rd in most categories, behind Weber and EWU. They did it without a single 1st team All-BSC defender.
I couldn't have hoped for much better since Coach Choate came to Bozeman.
In many ways it's the offense that still needs cleaning up. If we combined the 2015 offense with the 2018 defense, Frisco may have been possible.
Our 2018 defense was good/solid. North Dakota State still ran through it like a knife to butter (albeit they did that to nearly every team). Our 2015 offense gained a lot of yards and was very explosive...but lacked efficiency when needed. Choate made this move with the intention of going from an above average defense to the best defense in the Big Sky. We will see if it works. As far as the offense, he's establishing a ground attack that can take high-flying offenses off the field and out of rhythm. We are also on the verge of getting an actual QB behind center full-time (whoever that may be this spring).

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:09 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Choate wanted a change at defensive coordinator, expedited that change by hiring Kane and parting ways with Ty, Ty didn't expect to be gone for the 2019 season so he didn't have a job lined up, and now he is taking this time to enjoy his family and looking into possible non-football job opportunities.

People are allowed to believe what they want. But this was a coaching change made by Choate to try to make the defense better.
I call BS on this.

Our defense had made continual improvement under TG, culminating in last year's playoff win & elimination in the final 16 against a top 15 team in the nation, including FBS (NDSU).

TG had just presided over the greatest defensive call in MSU history against the jizz in missoula in what will go down in Bobcat lore as "The Stuff".

You don't fire DCs that do stuff like that. Remember, TG resigned unexpectedly. He was never let go or fired by Choate.

Ioane will not be an improvement over TG as the DC. Ioane is generally very overrated by Bobcat Nation as a coach & he's extremely fortunate he's been given this opportunity under Choate now. As fans, we're lucky to have landed Daly as the new LB coach to help with what will be a difficult transition for our program. Daly or Hout will likely be our DC 2-3 years from now I believe.

Some kind of sudden & unexpected "incident" happened with TG, I think most people realize that now.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:32 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:09 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

I call BS on this.

Our defense had made continual improvement under TG, culminating in last year's playoff win & elimination in the final 16 against a top 15 team in the nation, including FBS (NDSU).

TG had just presided over the greatest defensive call in MSU history against the jizz in missoula in what will go down in Bobcat lore as "The Stuff".

You don't fire DCs that do stuff like that. Remember, TG resigned unexpectedly. He was never let go or fired by Choate.

Ioane will not be an improvement over TG as the DC. Ioane is generally very overrated by Bobcat Nation as a coach & he's extremely fortunate he's been given this opportunity under Choate now. As fans, we're lucky to have landed Daly as the new LB coach to help with what will be a difficult transition for our program. Daly or Hout will likely be our DC 2-3 years from now I believe.

Some kind of sudden & unexpected "incident" happened with TG, I think most people realize that now.
He was let go/fired by Choate. Ioane is not overrated. No incident happened. Ty and his family are excellent members of the Bozeman community. Everyone is moving on.

However, you can continue to believe what you want to believe. That is your right.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:03 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I call BS on this.

Sounds like you are a scorned lover with a vendetta. You are arguing with one of the most in the know posters on this board. Like Vim said everyone can believe what they want. But unless you have proof of anything different just stop.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:34 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:03 pm
FTG_1984 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I call BS on this.

Sounds like you are a scorned lover with a vendetta. You are arguing with one of the most in the know posters on this board. Like Vim said everyone can believe what they want. But unless you have proof of anything different just stop.
It is okay to believe what you want. It is not okay to spread rumor.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:00 pm

FTG_1984 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I call BS on this.

:lol:
Man message boards are funny. People who have no idea can literally say anything.