Spring Practice schedule

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Spring Practice schedule

Post by Bobcat Jim » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am

Maybe I missed it earlier, has the spring practice schedule been announced, specifically the Sonny Holland game date?

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Spring Practice schedule

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:57 am

Not sure if the whole schedule is out, but it starts March 2, and the Sonny Holland game is April 6, according to Matt Miller at the Helena gathering last week.

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Thank you sir.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm

I know that in a different thread, there’s mention of the Triangle Classic. It was said that it’s nit happening and that it was a long story. Could someone please elaborate? Maybe PM me if it’s a taboo subject? Hard to believe that MSU would leave $$ out there that has been a huge boost to the program.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Crickets?

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

catzz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catzz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:48 pm
Crickets?
Someone spill the beans... All would like to know!

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:04 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm
I know that in a different thread, there’s mention of the Triangle Classic. It was said that it’s nit happening and that it was a long story. Could someone please elaborate? Maybe PM me if it’s a taboo subject? Hard to believe that MSU would leave $$ out there that has been a huge boost to the program.
I posted about this a year ago. It almost didn't happen last year. No surprise it's not happening this year or ever again. The people from Great Falls have done such a great job for MSU. For some in the Athletic Department, it's not enough. Talk about biting the hand that feeds ya.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:04 am
94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:52 pm
I posted about this a year ago. It almost didn't happen last year. No surprise it's not happening this year or ever again. The people from Great Falls have done such a great job for MSU. For some in the Athletic Department, it's not enough. Talk about biting the hand that feeds ya.
Does it have something to do with the Wanago deal?

If your left, you aren’t right.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:38 am

Saw some videos of their early morning practice today. There are several guys I cannot figure out who they are in the video, but one of the guys I could tell apart was Murray and he was working with the QBs. Also, big James Williams was in the mix with the DL guys. Just a couple observations is all.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:11 am

Team10 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:38 am
Saw some videos of their early morning practice today. There are several guys I cannot figure out who they are in the video, but one of the guys I could tell apart was Murray and he was working with the QBs. Also, big James Williams was in the mix with the DL guys. Just a couple observations is all.
Awesome news about Murray! Thanks for the observations. Murray makes a huge difference to this team.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:30 am

I for one am excited to have Murray back on the team. Even if it only means increased competition in the QB room. Plus it certainly makes the decision easier to keep Troy at LB because Murray can (assuming he hasn’t missed much of a beat) do most of the things that Troy could at QB.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 am

Team10 wrote:
To clarify, was this a practice or a workout?

I didn't think they had started practices yet.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Team10 wrote:
Watched the videos on Instagram. Basically, they are doing positional group workouts. A couple of obversations:

- Many players have obviously added strength, especially up top
- CB group included the Gibson twins (I know there was more twitter hysteria about them not being here anymore)
- LB group...I have several thoughts:
  • Nolan Askelson is shooting to start next year. Physically and athletically...the kid looks ready.
    Josh Hill is a full-go and his back will be put to the test throughout the year. Hope everything stays in line for him to have a senior season.
    Troy is...present and accounted for in the LB group.
    This position group is going to have a heated battle all spring and fall. A ton of bodies who are ready to start.
- TE group will include Jacob Hadley but he wasn't present for the practice (likely rehabbing or class).
- Ryan Davis/Derryk Snell or RJ Fitzgerald are likely the leaders in the clubhouse for TE/FB but Treyton Pickering is 100% the kid that "looks the part" the most out of any TE. Excited to see him go this spring (if he can as he's coming back from an ACL)
- Along with Jacob, a few players have been added to that TE/FB group:
  • Bryce Barker (Sr. and former DE)
    Seth Schneider (So. and former Idaho LB)
    Quincy Kent-Schneider (Rfr. and 2018 walk-on)
- QB group was Murray, Rovig, Bauman, Beltran
- WR group includes Travis Jonsen so there shouldn't be a lack of clarity at his position this year...he's a WR.
- RB group is the same dudes but Justin Cauley appeared bigger/faster.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 pm
Team10 wrote:
Watched the videos on Instagram. Basically, they are doing positional group workouts. A couple of obversations:

- CB group included the Gibson twins (I know there was more twitter hysteria about them not being here anymore)
  • Nolan Askelson is shooting to start next year. Physically and athletically...the kid looks ready.
    Josh Hill is a full-go and his back will be put to the test throughout the year. Hope everything stays in line for him to have a senior season.
    This position group is going to have a heated battle all spring and fall. A ton of bodies who are ready to start.
- TE group will include Jacob Hadley but he wasn't present for the practice (likely rehabbing or class).
- Ryan Davis/Derryk Snell or RJ Fitzgerald are likely the leaders in the clubhouse for TE/FB but Treyton Pickering is 100% the kid that "looks the part" the most out of any TE. Excited to see him go this spring (if he can as he's coming back from an ACL)
- WR group includes Travis Jonsen so there shouldn't be a lack of clarity at his position this year...he's a WR.
You just made 99’s day (mentioned Cauley) and ruined 76’s day (listed Rovig behind Murray). Yes I know it’s not your QB depth chart.
Last edited by TomCat88 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Team10 wrote:

You just made 99’s day (mentioned Cayley) and ruined 76’s day (listed Rovig behind Murray). Yes I know it’s not your QB depth chart.
My preferred QB depth chart is: Rovig, Bauman, Murray, Beltran. I think Murray should be used more in the role as Travis Jonsen was used last year (when lined up behind center). The good news there is that Murray is a better thrower than Jonsen.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Team10 wrote:

You just made 99’s day (mentioned Cayley) and ruined 76’s day (listed Rovig behind Murray). Yes I know it’s not your QB depth chart.
My preferred QB depth chart is: Rovig, Bauman, Murray, Beltran. I think Murray should be used more in the role as Travis Jonsen was used last year (when lined up behind center). The good news there is that Murray is a better thrower than Jonsen.
That’ll cheer 76 back up!

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 pm

VIM,
So can we officially add Seth Schneider to this class yet or is he still in walk on status?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 pm
VIM,
So can we officially add Seth Schneider to this class yet or is he still in walk on status?
Yup I'll add him tomorrow.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:57 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Team10 wrote:

Shoot...forgot about the DL. Like the way Sterk, Williams, Marks, Benson, Williams, Finch, Ferriter, Deines, Yates, and Rollins all looked physically. Still need to add one more experienced big body to the group.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:38 pm

I am excited about the QB battle. Going to be fun to watch.

Punters are people too!!