Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Tcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by Tcat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:06 am

IMO - Dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the endzone expansion. I can't speak to the painting of the east side bleachers. As someone mentioned previously, this will be huge on all fronts - especially recruiting. If you build it - they will come.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 pm

BobCatFan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm
norcal cat wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm
The repainting of the East side of the stadium had one bidder at $114,000. Hopefully that's the last money they ever invest in those bleachers and they are replaced sooner than later.
That means al least another 10 more years.
The Eastside bleacher replacement is a LONG way down that capital projects list, and not even next in line on the stadium list. So yeah, 10 years might not be too far off. I preface this by saying I have season tickets in those bleachers: many won't agree or want to hear this, but paint and maintenance, there isn't anything wrong with those bleachers. Yes replacement makes the whole stadium project come together, but in the scope of things that have to be done, replacing something that's serviceable should be down the list. My only hope/request would be when they paint them, they can add an anti-skid to the paint. They're treacherous when they're icy.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 pm
The Eastside bleacher replacement is a LONG way down that capital projects list, and not even next in line on the stadium list. So yeah, 10 years might not be too far off. I preface this by saying I have season tickets in those bleachers: many won't agree or want to hear this, but paint and maintenance, there isn't anything wrong with those bleachers. Yes replacement makes the whole stadium project come together, but in the scope of things that have to be done, replacing something that's serviceable should be down the list. My only hope/request would be when they paint them, they can add an anti-skid to the paint. They're treacherous when they're icy.
http://www.montana.edu/pdc/documents_ol ... um%201.pdf

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm
KittieKop wrote:
I'm glad to see they took my advice :lol:

Good find - thanks. That's great news for everyone on that side.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:17 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

Glad to hear it....probably not enough room, but adding a handrail would be advisable too.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Amen to the handrail.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:17 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

Glad to hear it....probably not enough room, but adding a handrail would be advisable too.
I didn't see handrails, but they are replacing the steps between the rows that are rusting out.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 am

norcal cat wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:17 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:

I didn't see handrails, but they are replacing the steps between the rows that are rusting out.
The handrails are not only safer, but they spruce it up. I don’t think the grandstand needs to be replaced, but there are things MSU could do to make it more attractive.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:31 pm

BobCatFan wrote:
norcal cat wrote:
The repainting of the East side of the stadium had one bidder at $114,000. Hopefully that's the last money they ever invest in those bleachers and they are replaced sooner than later.
Short of some massive donations, I think the east side replacement is every bit of 10 years off.

It’s phase 1 of the stadium officially (the football operations and locker room building are not officially a part of the stadium plans, even though they’re right there), but it’s phase 3 I believe of the overall athletic master plan.

Thinking optimistically here, lets say they start phase 1 this upcoming season. That’s a 1-2 yr project I would imagine.
Next phase is the Indoor practice facility, that’s a huge project with a huge cost. That will take at least 5 years to fundraise for and another year or two to build.
Then phase 3 is the east bleachers, I would imagine another 3-4 years to fundraise for and a year to build.
So I’d be very surprised, and very happy, if the east bleachers are built anytime sooner than 10 years from now.
That’s why it makes sense to paint them and fix them up a little. No it’s not a permanent fix, but it won’t be so bad to look at and won’t be so dangerous for the next 10 years until they can finally replace them.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:50 pm

The bond for the SEZ should be paid off in 2025. The 1997 renovation in 2027.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:18 am

Random thought, but if they move all the football offices and locker rooms, etc to Bobcat Stadium, what does that do to the Prowl?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:24 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:31 pm
BobCatFan wrote:
norcal cat wrote:
Short of some massive donations, I think the east side replacement is every bit of 10 years off.

It’s phase 1 of the stadium officially (the football operations and locker room building are not officially a part of the stadium plans, even though they’re right there), but it’s phase 3 I believe of the overall athletic master plan.

Thinking optimistically here, lets say they start phase 1 this upcoming season. That’s a 1-2 yr project I would imagine.
Next phase is the Indoor practice facility, that’s a huge project with a huge cost. That will take at least 5 years to fundraise for and another year or two to build.
Then phase 3 is the east bleachers, I would imagine another 3-4 years to fundraise for and a year to build.
So I’d be very surprised, and very happy, if the east bleachers are built anytime sooner than 10 years from now.
That’s why it makes sense to paint them and fix them up a little. No it’s not a permanent fix, but it won’t be so bad to look at and won’t be so dangerous for the next 10 years until they can finally replace them.
It’ll be interesting to see what people think once the north EZ football facility is complete. I have to wonder what that EZ will look like. Since there are no renderings without seating it’s hard to say. My guess is that it’ll look odd with no seating and people may push to have that bowled in before replacing the east grandstand.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 am

They could have easily raised $1.5-$2 million for a bubble years ago.
They could have easily paid $150,000 to fix the east-side years ago.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:37 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:24 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
BobCatFan wrote:
norcal cat wrote:

It’ll be interesting to see what people think once the north EZ football facility is complete. I have to wonder what that EZ will look like. Since there are no renderings without seating it’s hard to say. My guess is that it’ll look odd with no seating and people may push to have that bowled in before replacing the east grandstand.
Washington State has a similar setup, on a larger scale. Their west side end zone is their new athletic complex and has no seating.
And it doesn't look odd at all IMO.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:37 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:24 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
BobCatFan wrote:
norcal cat wrote:

Washington State has a similar setup, on a larger scale. Their west side end zone is their new athletic complex and has no seating.
And it doesn't look odd at all IMO.
I like the stadium at Wazzu.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 am

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 am
They could have easily raised $1.5-$2 million for a bubble years ago.
They could have easily paid $150,000 to fix the east-side years ago.
This is the year to do it.(east stands). While there's nobody home at EPA!

2024 Resume dominance

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:20 pm

fsburr1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 am
Martin Stadium

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... AXoECA0QCg#
But they have way more vacant seats than we do.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 pm

fsburr1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 am
Martin Stadium

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... AXoECA0QCg#
Thanks for the pics! Looks like there is some limited seating down there, guess I didn't notice it a couple years ago.

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:28 pm

That's the "Crimzone". Wish I would have thought of that name...