Players Gone From 2018 Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
GoCats18
Member # Retired
Posts: 2276
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: MT

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm

Curious to see if we will try and pick up another RB/other position with this departure or if they realize we have like 45 people to cut at this point so just let it be.


FTG!!

User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5768
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm
Curious to see if we will try and pick up another RB/other position with this departure or if they realize we have like 45 people to cut at this point so just let it be.
God no on picking up another RB. Maybe another position, DL ideally. Good question though, I think VIM was saying there are going to be very minimal openings in the Fall.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9543
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:17 am

Amandre Williams will get some time at RB, correct? Or FB at least.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast @RRCatCast

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8770
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:22 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

six--man
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by six--man » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm

six--man wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm
Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help
No, he was injured during the playoffs. I talked with him in the stands before the Incarnate Word game.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2639
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm

six--man wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm
Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help
Borges got hurt a few games before cat-griz. 3 played in the last few games in the nickel position. I forget his name, Cauley? I know he was a scout team guy in 2017 and just worked his way up last year.


"I have an unhealthy obsession with Bobcat football...and arguing!!"

User avatar
RobertCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1468
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by RobertCats » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm
six--man wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm
Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help
Borges got hurt a few games before cat-griz. 3 played in the last few games in the nickel position. I forget his name, Cauley? I know he was a scout team guy in 2017 and just worked his way up last year.
Ty Okada, if I remember right



User avatar
Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2639
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:01 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:53 pm
six--man wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:42 pm
Borges will be missed... when he was in there I saw him calling secondary signals. Didn't he start against ICW in playoff? (only with a different number- he was #3- went to 26) Having lost several db coaches in the past few years doesn't help
Borges got hurt a few games before cat-griz. 3 played in the last few games in the nickel position. I forget his name, Cauley? I know he was a scout team guy in 2017 and just worked his way up last year.
Ty Okada, if I remember right
Yes that is right, no clue how I got Cauley out of that, Jesus.


"I have an unhealthy obsession with Bobcat football...and arguing!!"

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Lydell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:03 pm

I haven't seen many comments about roster changes on the spring game roster, so here's mine...

Notable omissions are OL Sean Hatten, OL Brody McKnight, and DB Jalen Cole. In fact, Level Price Jr. has now taken Cole's no. 8. We were down to 11 o-linemen this spring which explains Choate signing 6 OL for next year (plus Kettels for 2020). Now there were 2 new names on the roster. They were:

#64 Ethan Ormes 6-3 295 RS FR OL from New Hampshire
#31 Easton Hatfield 6-2 190 RS FR from Townsend (no pos. listed)

There was an incomplete fall-newcomers list included. There was one new name there. He was Sua'ava Tupua 6-1 265 HS FR DL from Narbonne HS in LA. Good news there since good DL are so hard to find.

So there were 82 listed on the spring roster. If you add the 31 from Vim's list (don't include Flovin, Williams, and Kettels) plus Tupua, Marshall, and Knight, we are at 116. I have read that fall rosters can be 110 now, so we are pretty close. Looks like the NCAA has upped that number from 105.

The good news is thanks to great recruiting we now have a robust roster with lots of depth AND we aren't that young anymore. There are lots of seniors and juniors filling key positions so we are ready to roll. And if a sophomore is playing, it's because he's dang good! Just that doggone QB position.....



91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6232
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Is Jalen Cole really gone from the team, does anyone know? If so, that's a big loss.


Image

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:32 pm
Is Jalen Cole really gone from the team, does anyone know? If so, that's a big loss.
Last I read, he was dealing with a significant injury. He was on the sidelines during the Sonny Holland game.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Lydell wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:03 pm
I haven't seen many comments about roster changes on the spring game roster, so here's mine...

Notable omissions are OL Sean Hatten, OL Brody McKnight, and DB Jalen Cole. In fact, Level Price Jr. has now taken Cole's no. 8. We were down to 11 o-linemen this spring which explains Choate signing 6 OL for next year (plus Kettels for 2020). Now there were 2 new names on the roster. They were:

#64 Ethan Ormes 6-3 295 RS FR OL from New Hampshire
#31 Easton Hatfield 6-2 190 RS FR from Townsend (no pos. listed)

There was an incomplete fall-newcomers list included. There was one new name there. He was Sua'ava Tupua 6-1 265 HS FR DL from Narbonne HS in LA. Good news there since good DL are so hard to find.

So there were 82 listed on the spring roster. If you add the 31 from Vim's list (don't include Flovin, Williams, and Kettels) plus Tupua, Marshall, and Knight, we are at 116. I have read that fall rosters can be 110 now, so we are pretty close. Looks like the NCAA has upped that number from 105.

The good news is thanks to great recruiting we now have a robust roster with lots of depth AND we aren't that young anymore. There are lots of seniors and juniors filling key positions so we are ready to roll. And if a sophomore is playing, it's because he's dang good! Just that doggone QB position.....
Where are you seeing all this? I checked the roster and I didn’t see those new names. I thought Tupua signed with UTEP.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Montanabob » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:46 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:55 pm
Lydell wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:03 pm
I haven't seen many comments about roster changes on the spring game roster, so here's mine...

Notable omissions are OL Sean Hatten, OL Brody McKnight, and DB Jalen Cole. In fact, Level Price Jr. has now taken Cole's no. 8. We were down to 11 o-linemen this spring which explains Choate signing 6 OL for next year (plus Kettels for 2020). Now there were 2 new names on the roster. They were:

#64 Ethan Ormes 6-3 295 RS FR OL from New Hampshire
#31 Easton Hatfield 6-2 190 RS FR from Townsend (no pos. listed)

There was an incomplete fall-newcomers list included. There was one new name there. He was Sua'ava Tupua 6-1 265 HS FR DL from Narbonne HS in LA. Good news there since good DL are so hard to find.

So there were 82 listed on the spring roster. If you add the 31 from Vim's list (don't include Flovin, Williams, and Kettels) plus Tupua, Marshall, and Knight, we are at 116. I have read that fall rosters can be 110 now, so we are pretty close. Looks like the NCAA has upped that number from 105.

The good news is thanks to great recruiting we now have a robust roster with lots of depth AND we aren't that young anymore. There are lots of seniors and juniors filling key positions so we are ready to roll. And if a sophomore is playing, it's because he's dang good! Just that doggone QB position.....
Where are you seeing all this? I checked the roster and I didn’t see those new names. I thought Tupua signed with UTEP.
Was wondering the same.


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Lydell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm

I couldn't make it to the spring game, so I asked the SID to email me a pdf of the spring game roster. That's where my information comes from. Forgot about Tupua. If they gave Cole's number to someone else, it doesn't look good. I would think there will be some announcements in May regarding roster moves. Then we'll know.

#64 played left guard with the 2nd team OL. Saw it on SWX.
Last edited by Lydell on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2125
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:26 pm

Lydell wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 pm
I couldn't make it to the spring game, so I asked the SID to email me a pdf of the spring game roster. That's where my information comes from. Forgot about Tupua. If they gave Cole's number to someone else, it doesn't look good. I would think there will be some announcements in May regarding roster moves. Then we'll know.
That strange they would list Tupua on the Spring game roster when he signed with UTEP back in February. Level Price wasn’t wearing #8 in the Spring game. He was wearing #20.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

Lydell
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Lydell » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Tupua was listed on the newcomers list, not the game roster. Roster is fluid no doubt.



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3038
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by bobcat99 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Cole had a neck injury following Cat-Griz, I think.



asstastic
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 am
Location: A Cave in the Musselshell

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by asstastic » Wed May 01, 2019 12:44 pm

A question that is asked a lot but not for awhile is why is it so hard to keep photos and weights updated? Didn’t half the players on the roster have photos at one time but they don’t now? Do the players not like freshman photos? Do you think that happens to be one of those things that’s neglected because of priority of time? People just don’t have enough time to do it. Choate’s first year, the roster got dominated and everybody was updated.


Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by mslacatfan » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

I hope that is not true about Cole... I'm gonna wait until this is actually confirmed though (either way).

crazy how much turnover we seem to have these days... I guess that is forced to happen though, when you add 45 new players every year... haha


FTG- GO CATS GO!

Post Reply