Players Gone From 2018 Team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Players Gone From 2018 Team

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 pm

I see this the same way I see the Wilkes brothers being portrayed as a bad people for buying these ranches in MT. If the coaches were so against this transfer deal they would stop taking transfers on their teams themselves. They are only upset when it happens to them and a player leaves. Same with the people of MT who are mad at the Wilkes brothers for buying land. It takes someone to sell to them and that someone is making about 3 times the value of their land on the sale. So maybe, just maybe, people should be mad at the coaches, not the players.

In the Wilkes brothers case, stop selling them land, but don’t hate them when they buy it.

If your left, you aren’t right.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 am

Well when the landlocked public land for use as their own personal playground.....

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:05 am

lutecat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 am
Well when the landlocked public land for use as their own personal playground.....
Someone has to sell it to them. Besides that point a lot of the stuff they are buying was already landlocked before them, but that doesn't play well in the eyes of liberal Lee Enterprises so they don't print that information. I digress, if coaches don't like the transfer portal, quit taking players from the transfer portal.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am

They feast on the neighbors. They offer more money than any family operation can generate. People end up selling because they can’t pass up the massive dollars. Corporate agriculture at it’s worst. The only ones who don’t sell are the proud and it sounds like even some of those folks break when the dollar 💵 get high enough.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:55 am

superbobcat wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am
They feast on the neighbors. They offer more money than any family operation can generate. People end up selling because they can’t pass up the massive dollars. Corporate agriculture at it’s worst. The only ones who don’t sell are the proud and it sounds like even some of those folks break when the dollar 💵 get high enough.
Yes, the horror of offering people more money than what their land is worth. Despicable.

Something like 97-98% of farms are family owned. Corporate Ag isn't ruining anything.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:15 am

superbobcat wrote:
So who is to blame the seller or the buyer, to me it’s the seller. If someone offered me 3 times the value of my home today I would sell it today. The landowners are mad because they wanted to buy the piece of land next to them for cheap, now they can’t. So if they want to stop the process, stop selling the land. I won’t feel sorry for anyone selling anything for 3 times the value.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 pm

The biggest piece of real estate missing from 2018 is going to be Williams. That dude occupied a big chunk of dirt.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:20 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Please define Corporate Agriculture. Many family farms are incorporated for tax purposes. As pointed out, 95%+ farms are family owned. Are you going to tell us you wouldn't your house/business/etc if someone offered you 3 or 4 times what it's worth?

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:18 pm

Get back on the f'in rails. Malta boys have bigger problems with American Prairie Reserve. I'll take out of state cattle ranchers over out of state douche bags any day of the week. NOW, players gone. Thank You!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 pm
The biggest piece of real estate missing from 2018 is going to be Williams. That dude occupied a big chunk of dirt.
I’m glad someone is still talking football.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:18 pm
Get back on the f'in rails. Malta boys have bigger problems with American Prairie Reserve. I'll take out of state cattle ranchers over out of state douche bags any day of the week. NOW, players gone. Thank You!
Yes and yes you get it, so true. I wish the Lee enterprises would report just what you said!!!

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:16 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:12 pm
I see this the same way I see the Wilkes brothers being portrayed as a bad people for buying these ranches in MT. If the coaches were so against this transfer deal they would stop taking transfers on their teams themselves. They are only upset when it happens to them and a player leaves. Same with the people of MT who are mad at the Wilkes brothers for buying land. It takes someone to sell to them and that someone is making about 3 times the value of their land on the sale. So maybe, just maybe, people should be mad at the coaches, not the players.

In the Wilkes brothers case, stop selling them land, but don’t hate them when they buy it.
=D^

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:08 pm
Now the hard decisions for the coaches. 34 or 35 offers for the fall puts us way over the number of lockers. And that doesn't include those cut this spring invited back next fall or true walk-ons. Who is cut and not coming back. Wish both sides the best in the future.

But I see good game against Texas Tech (real test of our defense), deep run in the playoffs (rematch against NDSU🤔) and spanking the school of dance.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Just added Shawn Borges and Ty’rese Gibson.

Gibson per Skylines tweet about him not currently being on the roster.

Will add names as they come out from cuts, post spring ball. Some of these guys will be invited back to fall camp.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:52 pm

was it confirmed what the deal was with Borges?

did I read somewhere that maybe he had some family stuff come up or something? (I could be totally wrong).

Is there any chance of him making it back? I hope so... that guy had a really bright future.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:52 pm
was it confirmed what the deal was with Borges?

did I read somewhere that maybe he had some family stuff come up or something? (I could be totally wrong).

Is there any chance of him making it back? I hope so... that guy had a really bright future.
No, not 100%. I’m going off of multiple posters saying he’s gone.
It was said by someone it was a family issue, but didn’t sound like that meant he’d be back.

I hope he’s back too, without a doubt.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Sparaco sightings at the CU spring practices. Reported he is a transfer walk-on and will have to sit out a year.

Has anyone in the history of the NCAA transferred down a level, and then transferred back to the same exact school they transferred from? What a weird deal.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 pm
Sparaco sightings at the CU spring practices. Reported he is a transfer walk-on and will have to sit out a year.

Has anyone in the history of the NCAA transferred down a level, and then transferred back to the same exact school they transferred from? What a weird deal.
Leave school A to go down a level for more playing time, don't getting the playing time at school B you assumed you would, leave school B, walk on at higher level school (SCHOOL A!)??? :-k

It would be incredible if he actually pulls this off but I'm guessing it wasn't really a football move. Probably just missed Boulder.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:29 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Now the hard decisions for the coaches. 34 or 35 offers for the fall puts us way over the number of lockers. And that doesn't include those cut this spring invited back next fall or true walk-ons. Who is cut and not coming back. Wish both sides the best in the future.

But I see good game against Texas Tech (real test of our defense), deep run in the playoffs (rematch against NDSU🤔) and spanking the school of dance.
Oops.... 36....

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:57 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:51 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Leave school A to go down a level for more playing time, don't getting the playing time at school B you assumed you would, leave school B, walk on at higher level school (SCHOOL A!)??? :-k

It would be incredible if he actually pulls this off but I'm guessing it wasn't really a football move. Probably just missed Boulder.
If you mean that his reasoning to go back was more because he missed Boulder rather than a pure football decision, maybe, but he is practicing with the team this spring so he is going to try and play ball there again.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast