Logan Gilliard commits!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Logan Gilliard commits!

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 pm

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/bask ... 86cd9.html
Tudor said Gilliard, who stands at 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds, recently gave a verbal commitment to be a preferred walk-on for Montana State's football team while Stultz is set to play baseball at MSU Billings.
Welcome aboard Logan! A lot to like with this kid's potential. He is one of the best power forwards in the state in basketball. Projects as a TE or DE in college though he played some linebacker for Bigfork as well. You can see my thoughts on him by following this link: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=47179.

Article on Logan featured in "Best of Preps" for Flathead Beacon: https://flatheadbeacon.com/2018/12/05/b ... fall-2018/.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Logan Gilliard commits!

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Another very athletic player with a great frame. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops. Sky’s the limit.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Logan said the coaches like him for the Buck end position. I think he played out of position a lot in high school because that's what the team needed. He's a great athlete for his size, and I think he's probably getting money if he played at a AA school. If he's 3 inches taller, he's a D-I basketball player. Watch him play if you get a chance--the team is one of the best in MT any class, and he's one of the two best players. He's physical but he's smooth. The coaches want him at 240 lbs and if gets there, he'll be an absolute animal. I think he has the frame for it.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 am

Coach Tudor is very high on this kid. Coach Tudor has a good football eye as he has been a head and assistant football coach in several places. Gilliard is a straight A student and very athletic. As stated before, he easily could be on scholarship. It sounds like he fits the mold for what Coach Choate likes in his players. We are building good D-Line depth, it will win championships! \:D/ \:D/

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:43 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 am
Coach Tudor is very high on this kid. Coach Tudor has a good football eye as he has been a head and assistant football coach in several places. Gilliard is a straight A student and very athletic. As stated before, he easily could be on scholarship. It sounds like he fits the mold for what Coach Choate likes in his players. We are building good D-Line depth, it will win championships! \:D/ \:D/
So if a kid gets a scholastic scholarship, does that go against your athletic numbers? Something like that would be an advantage for the Stanford, Northwestern, Harvard and MSU. I would think it does not. In the NAIA schools like Carroll where almost everybody gets some money it has to help.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 pm

Welcome to MSU, great size and speed, another instate stud!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Welcome to The Montana State University Mr. G. (kilt him a bar when he was only 3!)