Transfer: Seth Schneider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Transfer: Seth Schneider

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:04 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:28 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:29 pm
Didn’t Choate say that it was already looking like they were going to have to make cuts come fall ball to get to the 104? Just seems like if a team is already over, you are taking a huge gamble on if you make it or not. Hope he is better than a handful of the other kids already here.
He is.
Well, if Vim says so, that's good enough for me! :lol:

Remember, Chapman was just forced to retire. Don't recall if he was a Will, Mike or Sam and don't know what Schneider projects as (Will maybe?), but it is a position of need. LB play wasn't great in 2018 and lack of depth was a contributing factor.
I would look at him more at RB than LB initially. He excels running behind a power-running scheme which MSU employs. At LB, his lack of length will be a disadvantage to him but the kid has a nose for the ball. Let him compete and see how it all plays out. He is also still young so lets just make sure he can crack the roster after this spring. Getting reps on special teams as a true freshman at Idaho tells me he has a pretty good shot.
Feel like we're pretty deep at RB? In fact I feel like we may have too many ball carriers on the roster. I might have missed that some of these guys are no longer on the roster but potential RBs that come to mind are:

TA
Logan Jones
Ifanse
Chris Murray
Travis Jonsen
KT III
Burgess
Lane Sumner
Shane Perry
Justin Cauley

Not to mention the FBs on the roster and any incoming Freshmen RBs?

I'm sure VIM can straighten me out on all this but that is a monstrous load of proven talent there towards the top.
With the exception of Ifanse, all that proven talent at the top are either seniors or juniors so depth needs to start being built with the young guys. If Seth beats out any of the younger backs (Burgess, Sumner, Perry, Cauley), he's on the team. Seth also has special teams value.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Re: Transfer: Seth Schneider

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:06 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:35 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:03 pm
What’s his size and do you expect him to play offense or defense?
https://govandals.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4729
Pretty dang hard to be a good LB at 5'9 tbh.

Wonder if we'll see him at RB instead.
Chase Gazzero? Grocery Sack?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers