Bobby Daly coming back as coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobby Daly coming back as coach

Post by Cledus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Anyone else remember this?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Really excited about having Daly back. I think he’s a lot like Miller and is a coach on a quick rise.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:35 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm
Really excited about having Daly back. I think he’s a lot like Miller and is a coach on a quick rise.
What I really love, is that we have a few young coaches who have gotten good experience out of state, and some at very good programs, but also that the majority of the staff understands the importance of the Cat-Griz game. That stuff matters, especially with in-state recruiting.

If you can win that rivalry game, it's a good pre-cursor to playoff intensity. That's why I like having it right before the playoffs. Gets the mentality right.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:35 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
What I really love, is that we have a few young coaches who have gotten good experience out of state, and some at very good programs, but also that the majority of the staff understands the importance of the Cat-Griz game. That stuff matters, especially with in-state recruiting.

If you can win that rivalry game, it's a good pre-cursor to playoff intensity. That's why I like having it right before the playoffs. Gets the mentality right.
I think the mindset and intensity he will bring is one of the best reasons to have ex Bobcats on board especially on defense!

2024 Resume dominance

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 pm

I was there!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:38 pm
Cledus wrote:

I was there!
Me too!

2024 Resume dominance

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Cledus wrote:

I was there!
Me too!
I was in Hays, Montana.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:48 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Cledus wrote:

I was there!
Me too!
Me three. I hope we do the same to Hawkins' new team next fall.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:29 am

Cledus wrote:

I was there too. It was awesome!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 am

bobcat99 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I have heard a few coaches say the opposite. The physical and mentallb toll from Cat/griz can leave the team beat up and mentally drained. Hard to recover in one week. I like the game as the last regular season game but I have heard many propose to move it to mid season like it used to be.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am

gtapp wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 am
bobcat99 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

I have heard a few coaches say the opposite. The physical and mentallb toll from Cat/griz can leave the team beat up and mentally drained. Hard to recover in one week. I like the game as the last regular season game but I have heard many propose to move it to mid season like it used to be.
If we do like we should we will have a week off before our first playoff game.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:14 pm

St George wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am
gtapp wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

This...

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:14 pm
St George wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am
gtapp wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:

This...
And I love it at end of season and just making a point to end the season of UM. Looks good in playoffs positioning.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:15 pm
True Story-

When Troy Andersen was a baby, he was bitten by a rattlesnake. After 3 days of excruciating pain, the rattlesnake died.
Hey, hey [-X

Some BN folks are getting tired of everyone being such big fans of the kid. We all need to calm down and enjoy the fact that TA is a Cat as little as possible! I hope everyone remains mindful
of the fact that TA has teammates(although they post and say similar things) :-k But those teammates have parents and we all know how jealous sports parents can get!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 am

utucats wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:15 pm
True Story-

When Troy Andersen was a baby, he was bitten by a rattlesnake. After 3 days of excruciating pain, the rattlesnake died.
Hey, hey [-X

Some BN folks are getting tired of everyone being such big fans of the kid. We all need to calm down and enjoy the fact that TA is a Cat as little as possible! I hope everyone remains mindful
of the fact that TA has teammates(although they post and say similar things) :-k But those teammates have parents and we all know how jealous sports parents can get!!
Yea, we are probably the difference maker. The fact that the press, coaches, radio shows and maybe a few others keep stressing how important he is does not matter. It's gotta be the chuck norris stuff on here that would bother other parents. Maybe we could give everybody participation trophies instead, \:D/

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 am

Not sure I've ever seen a fanbase argue over how big of a fan they can be of a player.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:23 am

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 am
Not sure I've ever seen a fanbase argue over how big of a fan they can be of a player.
I was just going to post this. What is even happening...?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 am

CelticCat wrote:
Seems like utucats was kidding there. I think it's funny, because I think sports parents are pretty much the worst in most cases. If he's not joking, you're right--this is possibly the dumbest argument I've ever seen on here, and I've seen some dandies.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 am
CelticCat wrote:
Seems like utucats was kidding there. I think it's funny, because I think sports parents are pretty much the worst in most cases. If he's not joking, you're right--this is possibly the dumbest argument I've ever seen on here, and I've seen some dandies.
I think you should get the blue ribbon today for understanding when someone is kidding. By the way, I’m the biggest fan of TA ever so there really is no argument.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:31 am
CelticCat wrote:
There were at least 2 other threads that mentioned it so there's certainly some sentiment here...

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.