Gregorak?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Gregorak?

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 am
FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm
Connect the dots. The Texas State Head Coach is gonna go with Kingsbury. Stitt is moving from OC at TSU to Head Coach and is hiring Gregorak as the DC.
Tom, I think we have 2 or 3 sets of dots. Everytime I try to connect them all I get is a spiral into a black hole!

Your theory fits almost perfectly, except why would Gregorak want to stay here after being offered the Texas St. job?

Did Choate force him to take it against his will?
....or did Stitt just happen to get the HC job, right after MSU let Gregorak go, and he hired Gregorak as his first official act!

Maybe Kane called Gregorak impersonating Stitt, offered him the DC job, then called Choate and said, "hey Jeff, I heard you might need a new DC"
And everybody lived happily ever after!
The End
#BOOM - The best conspiracy theory yet. I'm looking forward to romance novel or movie about this scenario.
Gotta be a Lifetime movie, just add some teen drama, (bullying at practice, or peer pressure in the DC room), add a female heroine, and were ready to go.
Cast:
Patrick Swazyze as Gregorak
Jon Voight (Coach in Varsity Blues) as Choate
Keanu Reeves (Replacements) as Ioane
Cuba Gooding Jr (Jerry Maguire) as Orphey
Tom Cruise (Gregorak's Agent) as Andrew Schmidt

Now we need an Iphone 10 to video tape this movie!
Last edited by FTG247365 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Anacomando wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am
This whole thing is perplexing. I have a strong idea of what likely happened, but I will wait to hear the story when it comes out. I do not think for one minute that strictly football was the major decision with this move.
I agree. We are essentially running a proven DC out the door for an unknown commodity. If this is purely a football decision I am scratching my head. Gregorak has been a damn good dc with the ability to motivate players. Hopefully ione is not our version of Jason semore. This seems to be a risky if internal conflict was not the deciding factor.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:55 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm
Anacomando wrote:
This whole thing is perplexing. I have a strong idea of what likely happened, but I will wait to hear the story when it comes out. I do not think for one minute that strictly football was the major decision with this move.
I agree. We are essentially running a proven DC out the door for an unknown commodity. If this is purely a football decision I am scratching my head. Gregorak has been a damn good dc with the ability to motivate players. Hopefully ione is not our version of Jason semore. This seems to be a risky if internal conflict was not the deciding factor.
As big of a fan as I am about Kane coming back, I agree that MSU would have been making a bad move to get rid of TG just to get Kane in. But from everything I've heard, this has zero to do with football. I hope for everybody's sake that it's just a mutual parting of ways and this is the end of it.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:09 pm

What have you heard?

HawkAndBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawkAndBobcat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm

I have a feeling that Gregorak and Choate fought over where Troy Andersen will eventually play. That among other things probably led to differences.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

HawkAndBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm
I have a feeling that Gregorak and Choate fought over where Troy Andersen will eventually play. That among other things probably led to differences.
unless they fought very loudly over who wanted him to at linebacker more....I don't think there was a fight.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm
HawkAndBobcat wrote:
unless they fought very loudly over who wanted him to at linebacker more....I don't think there was a fight.
In Choate's postseason press conference he made a point of saying Troy's going to have the ball in his hands next year. Maybe that meant that he would loan Troy to the defense for a handful of plays and he'd spend most of his time at RB rather than the other way around like everyone assumed.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Anacomando wrote:
This. Exactly where I'm at with it.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

What’s the saying, I went to a hockey game and a boxing match broke out?

In this case, I went to the Gregorak thread and a Gameday thread broke out.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Will we ever hear the story?

Punters are people too!!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
HawkAndBobcat wrote:
In Choate's postseason press conference he made a point of saying Troy's going to have the ball in his hands next year. Maybe that meant that he would loan Troy to the defense for a handful of plays and he'd spend most of his time at RB rather than the other way around like everyone assumed.
I think he definitely will have the ball in his hands next year. my guess is he's starting linebacker and on offense we get him some touches every game.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:14 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
HawkAndBobcat wrote:
I think he definitely will have the ball in his hands next year. my guess is he's starting linebacker and on offense we get him some touches every game.
I would say he will have no trouble, because he once rode a bicycle under the English channel, backwards. All Chuck Norris references are being changed to Troy Andersen.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Connect the dots. The Texas State Head Coach is gonna go with Kingsbury. Stitt is moving from OC at TSU to Head Coach and is hiring Gregorak as the DC.
Tom, I think we have 2 or 3 sets of dots. Everytime I try to connect them all I get is a spiral into a black hole!

Your theory fits almost perfectly, except why would Gregorak want to stay here after being offered the Texas St. job?

....or did Stitt just happen to get the HC job, right after MSU let Gregorak go, and he hired Gregorak as his first official act!

Maybe Kane called Gregorak impersonating Stitt, offered him the DC job, then called Choate and said, "hey Jeff, I heard you might need a new DC"
The End
#BOOM - The best conspiracy theory yet. I'm looking forward to romance novel or movie about this scenario.
Gotta be a Lifetime movie, just add some teen drama, (bullying at practice, or peer pressure in the DC room), add a female heroine, and were ready to go.
Cast:

No, This has to be a low budget movie!

2024 Resume dominance

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

The End
Cast:

No, This has to be a low budget movie!
I want to add Corey Feldman as Bob Stitt. I know he doesn’t fit the storyline, but we can do one of those “inspired by” movies.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:24 pm

This is on Jeff and egos.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:24 pm
I really really hope this isn't the case. I really don't want a decade of turnover because Choate can't get a long with the other kiddies...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:56 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:24 pm
Do you have an inside source on this techno? (I don't expect you to reveal it)...maybe just a yes or no?

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Who cares why. Choate is the HC and if he decided to make a decision for whatever reason then I’m with him. Gregorak was only here because of Choate and if Choate decided to make a change then so be it. We will be able to judge the situation next season but for now I’m going to trust Choate.

Personally, I enjoyed the improvement on defense and give Gregorak tons of credit for it but Choate has coached defense at a higher level so I think he probably has as much to do with the success as anyone. I also always had a little tiny tick in my head that kept nagging at me that he was a griz and now we have the ultimate Cat back home. Hopefully we continue to succeed and it will be that much sweeter with another Bobcat on staff.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:00 pm

utucats wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:58 pm
Who cares why. Choate is the HC and if he decided to make a decision for whatever reason then I’m with him. Gregorak was only here because of Choate and if Choate decided to make a change then so be it. We will be able to judge the situation next season but for now I’m going to trust Choate.

Personally, I enjoyed the improvement on defense and give Gregorak tons of credit for it but Choate has coached defense at a higher level so I think he probably has as much to do with the success as anyone. I also always had a little tiny tick in my head that kept nagging at me that he was a griz and now we have the ultimate Cat back home. Hopefully we continue to succeed and it will be that much sweeter with another Bobcat on staff.
I'm with ya on all of this. I'm just frankly interested in how this all played out. Gregorak was great...D has been a strength; I'm VERY excited to have Kane back and I am a consummate Choate supporter...

This is a matter of morbid curiosity.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:10 pm

HawkAndBobcat wrote:
I dont think so, A year ago I asked TG if he thought TA would play much defense, He said he hoped so but knew that TA was too valuable with the ball in his hand to be a purely defensive player.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.