Gregorak?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gregorak?

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 pm

I heard he was going to be the new president of UM. Those would be really good ramifications

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 pm

We led with the news of the day today on Tootell and Nuanez

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Sure hope to see an announcement soon that Ty is moving up! Will be forever grateful for his contributions to the program!
If he moves up it won’t be the reason he’s not the Cats coach any longer. This one caught him off guard. His agent said as much publicly already. He wasn’t looking for a change.
That is how you interpreted it. His goodbye teeet does not indicate what you are inferring. He has spent many years at this level and it is time for him to move to the FBS level.
There are plenty here besides me who also know what happened. Patience and it will all come out. Can promise he wasn’t trying to leave the Cats.
I hope he is able to find something quick if he didn’t have anything lined up. He has shown he is a good FCS DC.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm

Connect the dots. The Texas State Head Coach is gonna go with Kingsbury. Stitt is moving from OC at TSU to Head Coach and is hiring Gregorak as the DC.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:53 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 pm
Connect the dots. The Texas State Head Coach is gonna go with Kingsbury. Stitt is moving from OC at TSU to Head Coach and is hiring Gregorak as the DC.
LOL!!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tom, I think we have 2 or 3 sets of dots. Everytime I try to connect them all I get is a spiral into a black hole!

Your theory fits almost perfectly, except why would Gregorak want to stay here after being offered the Texas St. job?

Did Choate force him to take it against his will?
....or did Stitt just happen to get the HC job, right after MSU let Gregorak go, and he hired Gregorak as his first official act!

Maybe Kane called Gregorak impersonating Stitt, offered him the DC job, then called Choate and said, "hey Jeff, I heard you might need a new DC"
And everybody lived happily ever after!
The End

2024 Resume dominance

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tom, I think we have 2 or 3 sets of dots. Everytime I try to connect them all I get is a spiral into a black hole!

Your theory fits almost perfectly, except why would Gregorak want to stay here after being offered the Texas St. job?

....or did Stitt just happen to get the HC job, right after MSU let Gregorak go, and he hired Gregorak as his first official act!

Maybe Kane called Gregorak impersonating Stitt, offered him the DC job, then called Choate and said, "hey Jeff, I heard you might need a new DC"
The End
#BOOM - The best conspiracy theory yet. I'm looking forward to romance novel or movie about this scenario.
Last edited by FTG247365 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 am

I have to say, I did have the thought that Gregorak was a placeholder for someone in mind to come later. Kind of a "come get your feet back underneath yourself and then with my contacts I'll get you some upward mobility somewhere." And listening to Toots and CN, CN kind of says he wondered if Kane was being sent off to learn before coming back. Though to be fair, I wondered if Mess was a placeholder as well, but I don't think I was very close to right about that.

Hot take/conspiracy theory: Choate was hired to come in and mentor Kane so that Choate could prove himself as a head coach and get an FBS job and then Kane could take over as head coach after learning from him. This is part of the plane people!

2nd Hot Take: The phrase "hot take" is dumb speak for "let me give you my opinion"

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 am

lutecat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 am
I have to say, I did have the thought that Gregorak was a placeholder for someone in mind to come later. Kind of a "come get your feet back underneath yourself and then with my contacts I'll get you some upward mobility somewhere." And listening to Toots and CN, CN kind of says he wondered if Kane was being sent off to learn before coming back. Though to be fair, I wondered if Mess was a placeholder as well, but I don't think I was very close to right about that.

Hot take/conspiracy theory: Choate was hired to come in and mentor Kane so that Choate could prove himself as a head coach and get an FBS job and then Kane could take over as head coach after learning from him. This is part of the plane people!

2nd Hot Take: The phrase "hot take" is dumb speak for "let me give you my opinion"
Hopefully it's not Allegiant or we will never get there...

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

bertram
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bertram » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am

...Spavital is staying at Texas State

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am

This whole thing is perplexing. I have a strong idea of what likely happened, but I will wait to hear the story when it comes out. I do not think for one minute that strictly football was the major decision with this move.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:53 am

lutecat wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 am

I don't think you're way off on your take, but one step too high for Kane. My take is that Choate conveniently helped find Ioane a position on the UW staff so he was able to learn the defensive philosophy that he wanted in a DC. Being an analyst for the team helped open his eyes to situational trends and calls to counter what an offense may do. Now, with a couple years of that under his belt Choate is comfortable bringing him back to install the (more or less) exact type of defense Choate knows and loves that UW runs day in and day out.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:55 am

thanks Ty and best wishes for success against all future foes other than MSU!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am

Anacomando wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am
This whole thing is perplexing. I have a strong idea of what likely happened, but I will wait to hear the story when it comes out. I do not think for one minute that strictly football was the major decision with this move.
Probably the most spot on comment on this thread.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 am

FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 am
TomCat88 wrote:

The End
#BOOM - The best conspiracy theory yet. I'm looking forward to romance novel or movie about this scenario.
Gotta be a Lifetime movie, just add some teen drama, (bullying at practice, or peer pressure in the DC room), add a female heroine, and were ready to go.

2024 Resume dominance

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

Anacomando wrote:
I’d put this at about a 1% chance this was a football related move.
I think there is much more than meets the eye, likely personal things going on, and we may get a few more details, but will likely never know the whole story.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Anacomando wrote:
I’d put this at about a 1% chance this was a football related move.
I think there is much more than meets the eye, likely personal things going on, and we may get a few more details, but will likely never know the whole story.
And now the Transformers are getting involved?! I think Optimus Prime could be the entire offense by himself. The only thing he needs to change is his red to gold and we're set.

doebrmn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by doebrmn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Gregorak is not going to TS, the move has nothing to do with football, and with any luck this will be the end of it. Best of luck to Ty, he did a great job at MSU and hopefully he will be able to continue his coaching career in the future.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Gregorak will be a great hire for somebody and will get lots of attention rather quickly. I bet his agent's phone is ringing constantly.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Rich K wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm
Gregorak will be a great hire for somebody and will get lots of attention rather quickly. I bet his agent's phone is ringing constantly.
SUU still is looking for a DC. Their head coaches seem to turnover there as well so it could be a nice stepping stone to the top job