Gregorak?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gregorak?

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Would be great to have Kane back in Bozeman
Last edited by wbtfg on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:49 pm

I would imagine Joey would be a tremendous recruiter with his connections as a coach.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:51 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm
He's coming back boys. Plus Kane was always on the sideline for games.
Any word on a WR or DB coach? Is Joey in the picture?
Bobcat Football twitter page just started following Erik Frazier who is the current WR coach at Western Illinois.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:15 pm

I bet Johnny Montana doesn't want Joey to be anywhere near billings. He probably still has nightmares about #2.

If your left, you aren’t right.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:19 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:07 pm
Oh. I always thought analysts couldn't coach. Maybe I'm wrong.
Technically they're not allowed to coach. They're not allowed to recruit either. But there are a lot of gray areas with that. In the picture where Kane is holding the pad, UW could argue he's just doing something a team manager would do. There's very little regulation on analysts right now and the big programs are taking full advantage. Alabama has 11 total coaches, which is the maximum allowable by NCAA rules. They have 55 OTHER people on their FOOTBALL staff besides those 11. There are 13 analysts on their staff, and many of them are former head coaches. They also have two state troopers for some reason. There was a new rule last year to limit the number of headsets on the sideline to 20 (!) sets so that analysts wouldn't be able to be up in the box coaching inconspicuously. And there's no rule on who can be on the sideline, just what they can do when they're there. Teams have chaplains, doctors, boosters, etc on their sidelines, so the game is trying to prevent those people from coaching, which isn't closely monitored. Anyway, I say all that to say Kane could have been learning A LOT while he was at UW and COULD be coming back with way more expertise than he went to UW with.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:57 pm

I looked up the Dawgs' football staff and Kane was one of three defensive analysts. I'm not sure what roles the other two had, but the more I read this thread I'm convinced Choate worked out some sort of "DC Internship" arrangement with Petersen.

On another note, now I look at the Dawgs' last few years and wonder what kind of influence, if any, Kane had on Washington's defensive performance.

Choate could have also determined Kane had the coaching chops to get the job done, but maybe needed a little bit of administrative polish; learning to effectively manage and run the defense from a managerial standpoint.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm

IF it is Kane, I think he will be ready. He has had two seasons to work with and analyze UW’s overall defensive scheme. In some ways this even more valuable than the experience he would have gotten as a position coach.

He has the personality and the internal drive to do an outstanding job IMO. The players will respect and like him.

GO CATS!!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm

imacat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm
IF it is Kane, I think he will be ready. He has had two seasons to work with and analyze UW’s overall defensive scheme. In some ways this even more valuable than the experience he would have gotten as a position coach.

He has the personality and the internal drive to do an outstanding job IMO. The players will respect and like him.

GO CATS!!!
I agree!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm

imacat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:23 pm

GO CATS!!!
Yes, and since Choate is tight with the UW staff, I'm sure he would talk with Chris Peterson and ask if he thought Kane was ready to be a division 1 DC.

IF it's Kane, or whoever it is, we'll be in good hands. Choate will make a good hire for his DC.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Could there perhaps be an announcement of Kane coming and soon after an announcement of a HUGE donation to athletics? Like a, "i'll give you money if you bring back Kane", kind of like the old boys in teddy-bear town did to bring back booby.

I don't know this but wondered as I was catching up on this thread. Hope that's not the reason if he comes. Just thinking out loud.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Even for this site there is a ton of S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N going on here. I'm throwing a flag for excess speculation.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm
Even for this site there is a ton of S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N going on here. I'm throwing a flag for excess speculation.
I have never seen any excess speculation about an issue on this fan board before now. :coffee:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Hahaha. You should see ejizz. They have TA promoted to coach and playing offense and defense.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:13 pm

awesome, it really is going to be Iaone.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Sure hope to see an announcement soon that Ty is moving up! Will be forever grateful for his contributions to the program!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Hahaha. You should see ejizz. They have TA promoted to coach and playing offense and defense.
I heart TA is taking over skiing and rodeo in the off season.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 pm
Sure hope to see an announcement soon that Ty is moving up! Will be forever grateful for his contributions to the program!
If he moves up it won’t be the reason he’s not the Cats coach any longer. This one caught him off guard. His agent said as much publicly already. He wasn’t looking for a change.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
If he moves up it won’t be the reason he’s not the Cats coach any longer. This one caught him off guard. His agent said as much publicly already. He wasn’t looking for a change.
That is how you interpreted it. His goodbye teeet does not indicate what you are inferring. He has spent many years at this level and it is time for him to move to the FBS level.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:12 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:16 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:57 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
That is how you interpreted it. His goodbye teeet does not indicate what you are inferring. He has spent many years at this level and it is time for him to move to the FBS level.
There are plenty here besides me who also know what happened. Patience and it will all come out. Can promise he wasn’t trying to leave the Cats.