Gregorak?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Re: Gregorak?

Post by bobcat92 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 am

Cledus wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am
If it’s Kane going forward, then I’m throwing all my support behind him. I hope his sojourn in Washington has rinsed that Marshall sh!t taste from his mouth and set him back on the correct path.

Maybe Choate had this planned all along, but wanted Kane to “intern,” so to speak.
I agree. If I remember correctly Choate said when Kane left that going to UW would give him a different perspective. See how other coaches work etc. I think he was correct Kane needed to see something other than what was done at MSU.

We shall see how this unfolds.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 am

I think that’s exactly what Choate was doing. He knew Ty would move on at some point, so send the guy that you know will replace him someday to learn from the team with the best defense in the FBS. If Ioane is coming back, he is coming back with a lot more knowledge about the defense. If it is someone else, well then we wait and see what and who we get.

Punters are people too!!

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 am

If he was let go because of the a$S stomping we took in Fargo, I don't think many DC's would have jobs. No DC could stop that freight train.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

FTG247365 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 am
If he was let go because of the a$S stomping we took in Fargo, I don't think many DC's would have jobs. No DC could stop that freight train.
Agreed. I would bet a fair amount of money that's not the reason he's gone.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:30 pm
KRTV....Gregorak out, Ioane in. Sounds like Kane is back.
Where do you see that?

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Where do you see that?

KRTV......LOL....I looked too, but didn't find a link.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am

Well NDSU just hired David Braun as DC so that's out.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am
Thank God he's not going there. I like the guy too much to root against him every week. :D :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 am

This is as good a place as any to put this from the footballscoop:
Oklahoma State: Per source, Eastern Washington offensive coordinator Bodie Reeder has been offered a position at Oklahoma State and is expected to join Mike Gundy’s staff.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 am
And they hired an Oline cosch away from Rutgers.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 am

bobcat92 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 am
Cledus wrote:
If it’s Kane going forward, then I’m throwing all my support behind him. I hope his sojourn in Washington has rinsed that Marshall sh!t taste from his mouth and set him back on the correct path.

Maybe Choate had this planned all along, but wanted Kane to “intern,” so to speak.
I agree. If I remember correctly Choate said when Kane left that going to UW would give him a different perspective. See how other coaches work etc. I think he was correct Kane needed to see something other than what was done at MSU.

Interesting developments that not many if any of us saw coming.

As far as TG leaving we may never know why. Was it something that happened over the Holidays? Was it a personality issue? Was it a performance issue? I don’t have any WAG’s regarding the first two, but as far as a performance issue the only thing I can point to is the CATs abysmal 3rd down performance on defense. The CATS finished 11th in the BSC allowing our opponents to convert 3rd downs at a rate of 46.6 % of the time (WSU was ½ that). TG has always had a bend-don’t break scheme that emphasized not giving up the big play vs defending the short passing game. There have been times, specifically against Idaho this year, where for most of the game the spuds would send a WR, TE or RB across the field on a shallow route for a short completion that would go for 4 – 8 yards while our LB’s would consistently drop 10-12+ yards from the line of scrimmage. I observed this occurring more than you’d expect it to, and the numbers back that up. In any case, GOOD LUCK TG!

Regarding whether Kane is coming back, personally I’d be surprised but not astonished. The theory that Kane was sent to UW to learn the ropes from Chris Petersen & staff and is now ready to return with what I would call a ‘complete’ defensive roster seems reasonable. FYI, I noticed Kane is not listed on the UW’s coaching staff website. However, back in 2015 when Kane was DC, our defense was about as bad of a defense as I can remember. I would admit that the quality of defensive players that we had were not even close to what we have today, but, it didn’t seem like we got any better as the season went on and I think a good DC can make a poor roster perform at a mediocre level……which didn’t happen.

My guess is we will find out this week, possibly today. Whomever it is ALL I CAN SAY IS….GO CATS!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 am

Regarding whether Kane is coming back, personally I’d be surprised but not astonished. The theory that Kane was sent to UW to learn the ropes from Chris Petersen & staff and is now ready to return with what I would call a ‘complete’ defensive roster seems reasonable. FYI, I noticed Kane is not listed on the UW’s coaching staff website. However, back in 2015 when Kane was DC, our defense was about as bad of a defense as I can remember. I would admit that the quality of defensive players that we had were not even close to what we have today, but, it didn’t seem like we got any better as the season went on and I think a good DC can make a poor roster perform at a mediocre level……which didn’t happen.
I'd personally like to see a hire that has had success elsewhere as a DC. Kane was a good coach and it would be great if he came back at some point but we're not in rebuilding mode anymore. We're a playoff team and we need a coaching staff that reflects that. That isn't a knock on Kane, it's an acknowledgement that we can do better.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Where do you see that?

That was the title on the news story last night on the 10:00 news as they talked about Ty leaving. The sports guy said that a replacement will be named at a later date, even though the title said Ioane was in.

Punters are people too!!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:47 am

Ty was asked to resign by Coach Choate. It’s not an issue between Ty and Choate. Lots of other stuff goikg on and it will all eventually come out. Ty will find a new job and will be sought after.
[/quote]

As is the case with Bob Cole and Bo Beck, I doubt we will ever know the full story - nor should we.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
bobcat92 wrote:
Cledus wrote:

As far as TG leaving we may never know why. Was it something that happened over the Holidays? Was it a personality issue? Was it a performance issue? I don’t have any WAG’s regarding the first two, but as far as a performance issue the only thing I can point to is the CATs abysmal 3rd down performance on defense. The CATS finished 11th in the BSC allowing our opponents to convert 3rd downs at a rate of 46.6 % of the time (WSU was ½ that). TG has always had a bend-don’t break scheme that emphasized not giving up the big play vs defending the short passing game. There have been times, specifically against Idaho this year, where for most of the game the spuds would send a WR, TE or RB across the field on a shallow route for a short completion that would go for 4 – 8 yards while our LB’s would consistently drop 10-12+ yards from the line of scrimmage. I observed this occurring more than you’d expect it to, and the numbers back that up. In any case, GOOD LUCK TG!

My guess is we will find out this week, possibly today. Whomever it is ALL I CAN SAY IS….GO CATS!
Ioane isn't on the coaching staff. He's an analyst. Technically he's not allowed to coach. If you look him up, he's still on Washington's website.

Of course, Butch Jones (former Tennessee HC) is in the same role at Alabama, but he can be seen roaming the sidelines. Bama gets to do what Bama wants.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:04 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am
The MICKSTER wrote:
bobcat92 wrote:
Cledus wrote:

Ioane isn't on the coaching staff. He's an analyst. Technically he's not allowed to coach. If you look him up, he's still on Washington's website.

Of course, Butch Jones (former Tennessee HC) is in the same role at Alabama, but he can be seen roaming the sidelines. Bama gets to do what Bama wants.
Ioane's twitter picture shows him on the sideline, not sure how often or if that was even a regular season game though.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Oh. I always thought analysts couldn't coach. Maybe I'm wrong.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:10 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
FYI, I noticed Kane is not listed on the UW’s coaching staff website.

Of course, Butch Jones (former Tennessee HC) is in the same role at Alabama, but he can be seen roaming the sidelines. Bama gets to do what Bama wants

I looked around their website a little bit and saw him listed on what I thought was a 'previous' website link not the current website link. Thanks for catching that.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:17 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:10 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
FYI, I noticed Kane is not listed on the UW’s coaching staff website.

Of course, Butch Jones (former Tennessee HC) is in the same role at Alabama, but he can be seen roaming the sidelines. Bama gets to do what Bama wants

I looked around their website a little bit and saw him listed on what I thought was a 'previous' website link not the current website link. Thanks for catching that.
This looks current to me:<br/>
https://admin.gohuskies.com/staff.aspx?staff=1492

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm

He's coming back boys. Plus Kane was always on the sideline for games.