Winter questions/rumors/info.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
Member # Retired

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by lutecat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:00 pm

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm

Wonder who Chris Peterson is targeting as a new WR coach.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm
Wonder who Chris Peterson is targeting as a new WR coach.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm

By the looks of his twitter page. I think Sparaco transferred back to Colorado. https://twitter.com/DanteSparaco and he's not on the roster.

Did I read somewhere that there is a press conference tomorrow?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm
By the looks of his twitter page. I think Sparaco transferred back to Colorado. https://twitter.com/DanteSparaco and he's not on the roster.

Hard to imagine that he would have been happy with his playing time after starting at CU the year prior.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am

well that sucks about Sparaco (if true)….

FTG- GO CATS GO!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am
1984champ wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 am
Hawks86 wrote:

Hard to imagine that he would have been happy with his playing time after starting at CU the year prior.
Dante was never going to be guaranteed playing time on the defensive line when he arrived at MSU as a transfer. A ton of talent but he had to compete. Kyle Finch and him battled for the #2 spot behind Sterk and Kyle won the competition fair and square. I hope Dante eventually gets a chance to show off what he is capable on the football field because he has an intriguing skill set. Just needs to put it all together.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:43 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 am
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Dante was never going to be guaranteed playing time on the defensive line when he arrived at MSU as a transfer. A ton of talent but he had to compete. Kyle Finch and him battled for the #2 spot behind Sterk and Kyle won the competition fair and square. I hope Dante eventually gets a chance to show off what he is capable on the football field because he has an intriguing skill set. Just needs to put it all together.
The next step for MSU will be to build the desire for quality players to want to stay on the roster and at minimum be on depth rotation.
Tough to build patience at that age. I was the same way.
I had high hopes for Sparaco.(Assuming it is true he is gone.)
Get over that hump and MSU will be a perennial top 4 team.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 am

kwcat wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:43 am
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

The next step for MSU will be to build the desire for quality players to want to stay on the roster and at minimum be on depth rotation.
This is why the next step is to have continuity on the roster year to year. Very little turnover. How do you do that? Small amount of transfers and develop from within at each class level. MSU's roster is very close to being there. It takes time.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 am
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

This is why the next step is to have continuity on the roster year to year. Very little turnover. How do you do that? Small amount of transfers and develop from within at each class level. MSU's roster is very close to being there. It takes time.
Yep! I agree 100%
Two obvious schools in the FCS have accomplished this, one unnamed :-k the other looks to be Kennesaw State from scratch.
Last edited by kwcat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 am

kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Stay on the roster, still get some rotational playing time, put in the sweat equity and make the grades, and as a senior you are the starter. That is pretty much what happens at NDSU.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 am
kwcat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Stay on the roster, still get some rotational playing time, put in the sweat equity and make the grades, and as a senior you are the starter. That is pretty much what happens at NDSU.
Then you get to fool all the geniuses that say "they'll be down next year, they're losing a ton of seniors". You never have to rebuild--you're loaded with under classmen who could be playing but don't need to.

2-B-Champ
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2-B-Champ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am

Seth Schneider from UI/Capital High has transferred to MSU and will be going through winter workout with the team. He was listed as a LB on the UI roster. Per their participant roster he has played in few games last year.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 am

It occurred to me as I looked for a tweet on Kane's feed, how many of the signees he retweeted announcements for from signing days that aren't still on the team that were under ash's tenure. And how many are still here from that class he was here for with Choate

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 am

VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

On a related note, I was thrilled when we got Finch as a PWO out of high school. I am glad he broke into the rotation the last couple of year. Sucks to lose Dante but Finch can play at this level no doubt about it.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 am
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

On a related note, I was thrilled when we got Finch as a PWO out of high school. I am glad he broke into the rotation the last couple of year. Sucks to lose Dante but Finch can play at this level no doubt about it.
I believe Kyle got a partial. May have to double check though.

2-B-Champ
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2-B-Champ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Kyle was a POW had the same offer from UM, wanted to go into Engineering

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm

2-B-Champ wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:07 pm
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
1984champ wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Kyle was a POW had the same offer from UM, wanted to go into Engineering
Gotchya. Thanks!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm

2-B-Champ wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am
Seth Schneider from UI/Capital High has transferred to MSU and will be going through winter workout with the team. He was listed as a LB on the UI roster. Per their participant roster he has played in few games last year.
A top player in the 2018 Montana Recruiting class. Took a PWO offer from Idaho last January. Here is his senior year film:

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:31 pm
2-B-Champ wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am
A top player in the 2018 Montana Recruiting class. Took a PWO offer from Idaho last January. Here is his senior year film:

I wonder if he knew about the coaching changes.... Oops

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back