Jay Sanderson leaving

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jay Sanderson leaving

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Jay was a great announcer and I'll miss listening to him call Bobcat games. =D^

As far as the Title IX complaint is concerned, I'll wait until his response to the final ruling before I pass judgement.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 pm

What’s the end game in this? Jay no longer works for Learfield, Amie no longer works for the Missoulian.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 pm
What’s the end game in this? Jay no longer works for Learfield, Amie no longer works for the Missoulian.
Not allowing Jay, or anybody else, to do this again.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:15 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm
wbtfg wrote:
That’s fair.

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Let's see how it all plays out, before you start the "I'm a victim" bullsh-t. This whole thing is coming straight out of the U of M left wing playbook. She left Missoula to cover LSU. That's the SEC people. What job would you rather have. I smell a rat. A snowflake rat.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Prior restraint as a goal leaves a lot to be desired.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Let's see how it all plays out, before you start the "I'm a victim" bullsh-t. This whole thing is coming straight out of the U of M left wing playbook. She left Missoula to cover LSU. That's the SEC people. What job would you rather have. I smell a rat. A snowflake rat.
She's trying to destroy his career. Whether her claims are legitimate or not is the question.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Gato Negro
New Recruit

Post by Gato Negro » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:03 am

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
She's trying to destroy his career. Whether her claims are legitimate or not is the question.
Hmmm, seems to me you have this one backward, Colorado. All evidence suggests he damaged HER career, and he's simply getting his just deserts.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am

bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
And how do you propose that? Shadow over every broadcaster MSU gets? Good god no one has even seen the other side of the issue and Jay is already convicted? It reminds me of a Qb from Missoula that was exonerated. He was convicted in the public eye before his story was out and look what happened. 99 you know everything and I wouldn’t question your statue that is being built, but grab a hold of yourself and wait before you throw stones, chances are you would like the general public to do the same if you were in question.

Jay might have been at fault, but until then why don’t we let it play out? It’s no skin off your back or mine, or anybody elses for that matter. Innocent until proven guilty remember? It’s not guilty until proven innocent.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:24 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:21 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:53 pm
The administration of these things always confuses me. If Jay is a Learfield employee, why is MSU running the investigation? And how does a "final draft report" end up with the media?
The Title IX office at Montana State is who the complaint was filed with. The investigators are not state employees I do believe. The final draft is public information and can be obtained by the press through a Freedom if Information Act request.
Thank you, Colter!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:44 am

Gato Negro wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:03 am
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
Hmmm, seems to me you have this one backward, Colorado. All evidence suggests he damaged HER career, and he's simply getting his just deserts.
LSU is definitely a step down from missoula.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am
bobcat99 wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
And how do you propose that? Shadow over every broadcaster MSU gets? Good god no one has even seen the other side of the issue and Jay is already convicted? It reminds me of a Qb from Missoula that was exonerated. He was convicted in the public eye before his story was out and look what happened. 99 you know everything and I wouldn’t question your statue that is being built, but grab a hold of yourself and wait before you throw stones, chances are you would like the general public to do the same if you were in question.

Jay might have been at fault, but until then why don’t we let it play out? It’s no skin off your back or mine, or anybody elses for that matter. Innocent until proven guilty remember? It’s not guilty until proven innocent.
Remember, this is a Title IX investigation. That generally means guilty until proven innocent. That's why I want to see how he responds to the final ruling before chastising him.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 am

He already lied on his twitter saying he was leaving because of a sick family member then this came out. I’m not giving him the benefit of innocence because of this. If he was innocent he would have came out and said I am being attacked. Guy is scum and needs to go and be forgotten.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:58 am

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 am
He already lied on his twitter saying he was leaving because of a sick family member then this came out. I’m not giving him the benefit of innocence because of this. If he was innocent he would have came out and said I am being attacked. Guy is scum and needs to go and be forgotten.
His father has a brain tumor. He didn't lie about that. But yes, this was probably part of the decision too.

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:59 am

Bsmithmsu wrote:
He lied about his father having surgery for a brain tumor.....people, step back for a little while.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:26 pm

A family member with a brain tumor seems like something that’s extraordinary easy to verify.

I think it was an easy and plausible path for him to leave because the writing was on the wall. Seriously, who quits a job and forgoes their income because a family member is ill? If he’s already wealthy and doesn’t need the money, then why would he be working for Learfield in the first place?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
You regularly show just what an ass you are. Do you understand that his dad has a brain tumor? Did you find out that the tumor is a lie? Or are you just making dumb statements like you always do.

No question that the Just accusation played a role in his decision, but he was not obligated to disclose that. Looks bad on his part, but let’s not call him a liar unless you have some proof.

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StatedImprovement » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm

1st the scumbag says there were NO texts.....
Then he "claims" the texts that 'never happened' were merely taken out of context?
Nothing but brutal honesty there.....

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:01 pm

StatedImprovement wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm
Then he "claims" the texts that 'never happened' were merely taken out of context?
Could you show me where he is quoted as saying “there were no texts”?

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:12 pm

asstastic wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:01 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm
Could you show me where he is quoted as saying “there were no texts”?
In his interview with Maxson, “Mr. Sanderson became visibly angry and denied sending any texts to Ms. Just,” the report said.
https://billingsgazette.com/sports/coll ... op-story-2

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.