Jay Sanderson leaving

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

StatedImprovement
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Jay Sanderson leaving

Post by StatedImprovement » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:18 pm

asstastic wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:01 pm
StatedImprovement wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:42 pm
1st the scumbag says there were NO texts.....
Then he "claims" the texts that 'never happened' were merely taken out of context?
Nothing but brutal honesty there.....
Could you show me where he is quoted as saying “there were no texts”?
Sanderson denied the investigation played a part in his departure.

“Not one bit. I would’ve resigned if there had not been any of this going on,” Sanderson said, noting his father’s condition.

Just and Sanderson met in July 2017 and “appeared to have a cordial professional relationship” in their first interactions, according to the report. Just alleges that Sanderson touched her buttocks twice in the same evening at the Big Sky football kickoff event in July 2018. Sanderson contends he didn’t do it and no eyewitnesses saw the event. However, the report said several people saw them in the same area and room, and witnesses said she told them about the event almost immediately after she alleged it happened. Those witnesses said she appeared shaken, and reported that she told them he had touched her buttocks.

Just also provided text messages she received from Sanderson to Maxson from Feb. 24, 2018. Because Sanderson told the investigator he was attempting to obtain copies of his texts with Just directly from Verizon Wireless to confirm what was sent and received, Maxson concluded that the text message string “more likely than not” was authentic.

The texts Just provided to investigators include ones Sanderson wrote to her during the early morning of Feb. 24, including:

“Come down here. We can get drunk and make bad decisions! Lol!!!”

“Looks like we have a love connection!!”

“Don’t fight it…”

Just responded to the last text with, “Considering I’m not interested…”

“Got someone else you’re interested in? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? I’m nosey!” Sanderson replied.

“I f--king hate you,” Just replied.

“No you don’t. You LOVE me… And you know it! Hahahaha It’s ok, I won’t tell!” Sanderson replied.

A couple hours later, at 3:19 a.m., Sanderson sent another text to Just.

“We have a shoot around at 9. If you wanna get together at like 10:30, I’d love to see more of you Lol…I’m trying SO hard not to say something inappropriately flirty. Haha. I don’t care really. Where would you want to go?”

Sanderson said the texts have been taken out context.

“If somebody wants to read them as sexually suggestive that’s fine,” Sanderson said. “They were not intended that way. I viewed her as friend and it was just one friend ribbing another, me giving her a hard time. That’s it.”

In his interview with Maxson, “Mr. Sanderson became visibly angry and denied sending any texts to Ms. Just,” the report said.

In her initial complaint, Just said Sanderson made two other comments that helped persuade her to come forward.

Sanderson told Just that she had “Amazing tits.” Sanderson denied he ever said that, but a witness corroborated Just’s assertion, the report said.

Just also said Sanderson had made the comment that the hardest part of his job was “not f--king the players.” When asked about this statement, he said he only covered male athletes. Further questioning pointed out that Sanderson covered female athletes at New Mexico State, and Sanderson replied that he “never said” the second comment alleged by Just. Another witness said Sanderson did actually make that comment.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 pm
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 am
He already lied on his twitter saying he was leaving because of a sick family member then this came out. I’m not giving him the benefit of innocence because of this. If he was innocent he would have came out and said I am being attacked. Guy is scum and needs to go and be forgotten.
You regularly show just what an ass you are. Do you understand that his dad has a brain tumor? Did you find out that the tumor is a lie? Or are you just making dumb statements like you always do.

No question that the Just accusation played a role in his decision, but he was not obligated to disclose that. Looks bad on his part, but let’s not call him a liar unless you have some proof.
His dad very well may be sick but we both know it’s bull**** that’s the reason he is leaving as he stated, which would be a lie. Come on don’t try to stick up for this scum. Half the posters on here act like bobcatnation is their fantasy world and everyone can do no harm or is the greatest.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:32 pm

He can give whatever reason he wants, but good riddance. After reading those texts, it is pretty clear that he is a cheater and a creap. Was in a crowd of people with him at a sporting event once, and I came away with a real negative impression. After reading all this, I think my gut feeling was correct. [-X [-X

85CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by 85CatGrad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:32 pm
He can give whatever reason he wants, but good riddance. After reading those texts, it is pretty clear that he is a cheater and a creap. Was in a crowd of people with him at a sporting event once, and I came away with a real negative impression. After reading all this, I think my gut feeling was correct. [-X [-X
So let me get this straight. You were in a crowd of people with him at a sporting event and you came away with a real negative impression? Hey that's good enough for me! OMG

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 pm
What’s the end game in this? Jay no longer works for Learfield, Amie no longer works for the Missoulian.
Not allowing Jay, or anybody else, to do this again.
And how do you propose that? Shadow over every broadcaster MSU gets? Good god no one has even seen the other side of the issue and Jay is already convicted? It reminds me of a Qb from Missoula that was exonerated. He was convicted in the public eye before his story was out and look what happened. 99 you know everything and I wouldn’t question your statue that is being built, but grab a hold of yourself and wait before you throw stones, chances are you would like the general public to do the same if you were in question.

Jay might have been at fault, but until then why don’t we let it play out? It’s no skin off your back or mine, or anybody elses for that matter. Innocent until proven guilty remember? It’s not guilty until proven innocent.
Naw I'm good.

There's not really any context that makes those texts look good, imo. Guys aren't innocently texting women that aren't their wives at 3 in the morning.

Now was it actual harassment? That I don't know. If it was, I'm glad Just filed on him. If it wasn't, it won't be hard to verify. The store of him grabbing her ass, her leaving immediately and telling people about it, immediately, sounds pretty legit though

Bottom line, he's not a guy I would want associated with Montana State anymore, even if he wasn't harassing her. His texts make himself sound like a scumbag.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:08 pm

85CatGrad wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:15 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:32 pm
So let me get this straight. You were in a crowd of people with him at a sporting event and you came away with a real negative impression? Hey that's good enough for me! OMG
You are right, I wrote this wrong. I simply heard him interact amongst a group and wasn’t impressed at the time. I meant to say this doesn’t surprise me because I had a bad first impression. Never met the guy and probably not a fair judgement. Feel bad for his wife and kids. The rest is just opinion.

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm

I'm willing to let the courts do their work and see how it shakes out but it sure doesn't look good for Sanderson.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm
I'm willing to let the courts do their work and see how it shakes out but it sure doesn't look good for Sanderson.
I was thinking about this, but is there a court action? He was not in a position of authority over her so it is not sexual harassment. He made some unwanted advances toward her but it was not sexual assault. He doesn’t work for Learfield anymore so he can’t get fired. Is there a next action?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:27 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 pm
What’s the end game in this? Jay no longer works for Learfield, Amie no longer works for the Missoulian.
Not allowing Jay, or anybody else, to do this again.
And how do you propose that? Shadow over every broadcaster MSU gets? Good god no one has even seen the other side of the issue and Jay is already convicted? It reminds me of a Qb from Missoula that was exonerated. He was convicted in the public eye before his story was out and look what happened. 99 you know everything and I wouldn’t question your statue that is being built, but grab a hold of yourself and wait before you throw stones, chances are you would like the general public to do the same if you were in question.

Jay might have been at fault, but until then why don’t we let it play out? It’s no skin off your back or mine, or anybody elses for that matter. Innocent until proven guilty remember? It’s not guilty until proven innocent.
I don’t see a whole lot of similarities between this and the Jordan Johnson case. Johnson wanted to be at UM. Sanderson wants to be in Kansas. Had Johnson wanted to be somewhere besides UM then there might be a reason to make a comparison. But probably not one anybody would be all that intrigued by.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:12 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:13 pm
I was thinking about this, but is there a court action? He was not in a position of authority over her so it is not sexual harassment. He made some unwanted advances toward her but it was not sexual assault. He doesn’t work for Learfield anymore so he can’t get fired. Is there a next action?
It's currently in kangaroo court. The only way it will end up in a real court is if Jay sues MSU over the Title IX decision since MSU is the investigator. That probably won't happen since he already quit (formally for other reasons) and the only real penalty here will be reputational.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Maybe a tangent, I did not realize Ms Just was a self described reporter on the subject of sexual assault.

https://amiejust.com/

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:36 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 pm
Maybe a tangent, I did not realize Ms Just was a self described reporter on the subject of sexual assault.

She is a reporter and has covered the topic of sexual assault. Not sure what you are getting at.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:36 pm
kwcat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 pm

She is a reporter and has covered the topic of sexual assault. Not sure what you are getting at.
No implication AFC, just thinking out loud.
I know nothing of Ms Just other than I thought she was only a sports reporter.

I will add that I know nothing of Mr Sanderson either other than a few in crowd interactions.

I have no "dog" in the fight. Hopefully, regardless of outcome, justice is served.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Plot twist.....

Jay moves to Kansas....Amie is a Jayhawk fan.......I'm kidding. Just an irony that occurred to me.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm

This thread just needs to die.

Jay unfortunately is a sleazeball, sucks, but I'd rather know about it than let him continue to be fake. There's nothing criminal to be done, this is over and done with and now we know Jays true colors. For those who want to reserve judgement, I'm guessing you don't have daughters, if you do, then I'm guessing you're a sleazeball like Jay.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:44 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm
This thread just needs to die.

Jay unfortunately is a sleazeball, sucks, but I'd rather know about it than let him continue to be fake. There's nothing criminal to be done, this is over and done with and now we know Jays true colors. For those who want to reserve judgement, I'm guessing you don't have daughters, if you do, then I'm guessing you're a sleazeball like Jay.
yep (although I'm not sure there is no legal recourse for Aime, criminal or civil)

read the article, didn't read all the comments.

I believe you Aime.

I'm a Bobcat, and do no want to be associated with anyone like Jay.

I wish I could apologize for him. I wish I could say for him "I apologize. I came on to you incessantly when you clearly didn't want me to, betraying my wife and family, betraying you as a professional and a decent human being. I traumatized you and I was, and am, completely wrong and ashamed. What can I do to make this right by you? You get to decide."

But abusers, groomers, and narcissists don't say those things. They rarely repent, or confess.

I wish Jay would become part of the solution, but he's part of the problem. I hope he sees that someday, and he has the courage to do serious introspection.

Keep being strong Aime, and take trauma seriously -- it's so much more powerful and complicated that most think, it can actually change neurological structures of the brain, and needs to be understood and treated competently.

I actually hurt with you, but admire you for not taking his ****** right now. I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's not supposed to be this way.

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 am

Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:23 pm
He’s a married man texting a girl who’s not his wife at 3:19 am. I can’t think of a single context in which this is good, or can be brushed off.
Dude people aren’t saying that the context will make it good or allow it to be brushed off. It’s bad for his marriage in all aspects but context can take it from harassment to just two people drunk flirting if her texts at all reflect the same in return. That is all people are saying. They aren’t saying context will turn this into a brush off and his marriage will be all good.

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm

I am super curious about context as well. I am NOT saying that he's not a doucher or that she's lying or anything. But I guess when someone says, "I f***ing hate you" I would it expect to be followed by "!!!!!!" Or in caps. Or followed by, "leave me alone!" Or something. In my experience, I've had people tell me they f***ing hate me with a smile on their face as we were joking around. "I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!" would imply different that "I f***ing hate you". Just wondering aloud. Again, I'm not saying its not anything other than her version, but as I read the article the first time, it was a thought that occured to me.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm

lutecat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm
I am super curious about context as well. I am NOT saying that he's not a doucher or that she's lying or anything. But I guess when someone says, "I f***ing hate you" I would it expect to be followed by "!!!!!!" Or in caps. Or followed by, "leave me alone!" Or something. In my experience, I've had people tell me they f***ing hate me with a smile on their face as we were joking around. "I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!" would imply different that "I f***ing hate you". Just wondering aloud. Again, I'm not saying its not anything other than her version, but as I read the article the first time, it was a thought that occured to me.
But that same article also stated she said “considering I’m not at all interested” in response to one of his advances. Which then triggered that creeper to ask her if she was interested in someone else instead, who was it, and that he’s sooooo curious. This was all at 2 AM. His text make him look like an absolute creeper and guilty as hell. How anyone sees it differently is beyond me.

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm
lutecat wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 pm
But that same article also stated she said “considering I’m not at all interested” in response to one of his advances. Which then triggered that creeper to ask her if she was interested in someone else instead, who was it, and that he’s sooooo curious. This was all at 2 AM. His text make him look like an absolute creeper and guilty as hell. How anyone sees it differently is beyond me.
You appear to have a really creepy interest in this. Seems prudent to just let the investigation play out.