Jay Sanderson leaving

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jay Sanderson leaving

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Has nobody seen the Billings Gazette regarding Sanderson?
Posted on page 1 at the bottom.
I've been away all morning and just now got a computer turned on and started making my normal sweep of frequent websites. I thought this would have blown up on here. I'm surprised by the muted reaction.

Those text messages the Gazette quoted don't seem like they could have any other context.
I mean it has blown up. The article was shared by Hawks86 as the 20th post on this thread. We are now on post 40.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:38 pm
Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 pm
Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Has nobody seen the Billings Gazette regarding Sanderson?
Posted on page 1 at the bottom.
I've been away all morning and just now got a computer turned on and started making my normal sweep of frequent websites. I thought this would have blown up on here. I'm surprised by the muted reaction.

Those text messages the Gazette quoted don't seem like they could have any other context.
I mean it has blown up. The article was shared by Hawks86 as the 20th post on this thread. We are now on post 40.
Yes, you are right.

I clicked on the most recent post, which didn't mention it and so I thought I was caught up. I didn't read the previous posts. I'll show myself out. :bag:

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Well we wanted more coverage from Lee newspapers. Careful what you wish for.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:00 pm
Well we wanted more coverage from Lee newspapers. Careful what you wish for.
:wink:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:47 pm

This is really sad to read. I considered Jay to be the best announcer, especially for football, we have ever had. The previous announcer always referred to us as "MSU" over and over. I loved hearing Jay scream, "TOUCHDOWN, MONTANA STATE!" Frankly, I think that whomever replaces Jay should continue that.

As for the other stuff, it doesn't sound good. I know there's always two sides to every story, but I'm not going to pass judgement. Jay's gone. If he screwed up, I hate it for he and his family. I wish them well.

grizpack
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizpack » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:57 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:21 pm
Just waiting on the griz fanboys to chime in about how this is a disaster for the university and the football team.

This is a lot bigger problem than a Cat problem or a Griz problem. Hell. Most of the rest of the nation doesn't know the difference between Montana and Montana State.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:03 pm

One thing that really bothers me about this is Sanderson resigning knowing this hurricane was about to make landfall and not saying anything.

I love that final play of the Cat griz game, but now this accusation takes some of the luster off that particular audio/video clip.

GRZSLAYER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by GRZSLAYER » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:40 pm

He has officially made MSN news also. Thanks Jay. Unfortunately MSU will take the brunt of it since MSU's name is on everything, but isn't this a Learfield sport matter more than a MSU matter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... li=BBnb7Kz

Dakota Prukop -MSU Quarterback
Dude on my plane is wearin a Montana Grizzlie shirt. I'm pretty sure he's the reason our whole plane smells like B.O.

Kurt Davis-MSU Receiver
I needed a change for one, but for two, I HAD to go to Coach Haucks rival school.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:12 pm

At least we don’t have to vacate any of our wins. Though I am sure griz fans will say that it is only fair that we have to vacate the Miracle in Missoula, since Jay made that fumble even better then it was. When will these guys realize that this crap isn’t worth it. It will absolutely destroy you and everything you have. Start thinking with your brain, not your......!!

Punters are people too!!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm

Talked to a former broadcaster / buddy of mine. He knew of few marital relationships that lasted due to the nature of this business. They're away from their families a lot. This is not to excuse bad behavior BTW.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm

I took a look at her on facebook. Yikes! Just how drunk was he? I have a feeling there's more to this story. I will say this. Married people who cheat are my pet peeve. Zero morals.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:44 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm
I took a look at her on facebook. Yikes! Just how drunk was he?
C’mon man. Don’t be that guy.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
On the issue of the texts, both Jay and Amie's texts need to be seen in full conversation strings to see the real context. The article mentioned that one of Amie's replies was "I f***ing hate you." That could be taken a couple ways depending on the rest of the conversation. I've heard people playfully say they hate someone when they are being given a hard time, and I've heard people say it and obviously mean it.

To be clear I'm not sticking up for Jay or saying he did or didn't do anything wrong, just saying that not everything is out there and there's always more to things. Just a bad deal all around though.
This. That one struck me as very odd, and to be fair to Jay, the entire texting history between he and Just needs to be looked at. That seems like a "That escalated quickly" exchange if he's flirting with her and she texted back literally that she F'ing Hates him.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:00 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm
On the issue of the texts, both Jay and Amie's texts need to be seen in full conversation strings to see the real context. The article mentioned that one of Amie's replies was "I f***ing hate you." That could be taken a couple ways depending on the rest of the conversation. I've heard people playfully say they hate someone when they are being given a hard time, and I've heard people say it and obviously mean it.

To be clear I'm not sticking up for Jay or saying he did or didn't do anything wrong, just saying that not everything is out there and there's always more to things. Just a bad deal all around though.
This. That one struck me as very odd, and to be fair to Jay, the entire texting history between he and Just needs to be looked at. That seems like a "That escalated quickly" exchange if he's flirting with her and she texted back literally that she F'ing Hates him.
Yep context will play a big role in whether it’s harrassment or simple bone headed flirting that will affect Jay the rest of his life.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:23 pm

He’s a married man texting a girl who’s not his wife at 3:19 am. I can’t think of a single context in which this is good, or can be brushed off.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:44 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm
I took a look at her on facebook. Yikes! Just how drunk was he?
C’mon man. Don’t be that guy.
Lol......

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Cledus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:23 pm
He’s a married man texting a girl who’s not his wife at 3:19 am. I can’t think of a single context in which this is good, or can be brushed off.
The context will help determine whether or not it’s harrassment or a marital affair that both were complicint in that’s the difference, which is a huge difference. So yeah context is big in this case.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:53 pm

The administration of these things always confuses me. If Jay is a Learfield employee, why is MSU running the investigation? And how does a "final draft report" end up with the media?

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:21 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:53 pm
The administration of these things always confuses me. If Jay is a Learfield employee, why is MSU running the investigation? And how does a "final draft report" end up with the media?
The Title IX office at Montana State is who the complaint was filed with. The investigators are not state employees I do believe. The final draft is public information and can be obtained by the press through a Freedom if Information Act request.

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:21 pm

I was typing some really bad stuff about Jay and what he has done but chose not so post it because too many people have gone soft to this stuff and would have gotten butt hurt by my comments.