New quarterback

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: New quarterback

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm
Stick won’t play in the NFL. But you are right the NFL is looking more at the FCS now versus the past and NDSU, EWU, and JMU have a lot to do with that.
Stick will be at least an NFL backup for a while.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:59 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Stick won’t play in the NFL. But you are right the NFL is looking more at the FCS now versus the past and NDSU, EWU, and JMU have a lot to do with that.
I don’t think so but I guess we will see you never know. He is a hell of a player though and if he does make it I wouldn’t be surprised.

If your left, you aren’t right.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:54 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm
MNCat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm
Why would Gresch post a picture of himself in a Bobcat uniform if he was going to sign with another team?

He also posted that picture today a week after his visit.
He took an unofficial visit the week prior. He came back this week to be a part of the first week of official visits (one more next week before early signing day). Kids have posted pictures of their official visits every year since I've tracked recruiting going back to 2015. Now what does it mean? It means Gresch is very interested in coming here and has been since he reached out to Choate a few months ago. However, Bob Stitt was just hired at Texas State as their OC and two TS coaches began following Gresch on twitter today. He also has strong interest in Idaho State which is an offense that would feature his arm and is ran by former Griz WR coach Mike Ferriter who also has an extensive history with Gresch. We will see what happens.
HE reached out to Choate vs the other way around?! I like this kid more and more each day.
Yeah I was just as surprised as you when I heard it. But I was told Gresch reached out to Choate.
I can’t speak first hand, but that is my understanding as well. I guess you could say he has a chip on his shoulders.
I love it, I want him because of his skills, but this is the icing on the cake. Hoping we get a #Boom soon!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Do the JC transfers follow the same rules on signing as HS recruits. In the past we have had JC transfers about this time or over Christmas break, that was before the early signing period. I thought the early signing period was only related to HS recruits and JC were kind of like free agents as long as they have the academics in order

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:59 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:55 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
I don’t think so but I guess we will see you never know. He is a hell of a player though and if he does make it I wouldn’t be surprised.
CFL loves BSC QB's

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Phat Daddy
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Phat Daddy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:09 pm

A new QB is reality one way or the other. We’re the first program in history to gain joy from replacing a unanimous soph QB, potentially with the former QB of the Evil Empire that we’ve engaged 118 times. But, also first program where that QB has potential to be MVP of BSC at LB. #beaverfever

Rockhead86
New Recruit

Post by Rockhead86 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:
Why would Gresch post a picture of himself in a Bobcat uniform if he was going to sign with another team?

He took an unofficial visit the week prior. He came back this week to be a part of the first week of official visits (one more next week before early signing day). Kids have posted pictures of their official visits every year since I've tracked recruiting going back to 2015. Now what does it mean? It means Gresch is very interested in coming here and has been since he reached out to Choate a few months ago. However, Bob Stitt was just hired at Texas State as their OC and two TS coaches began following Gresch on twitter today. He also has strong interest in Idaho State which is an offense that would feature his arm and is ran by former Griz WR coach Mike Ferriter who also has an extensive history with Gresch. We will see what happens.
HE reached out to Choate vs the other way around?! I like this kid more and more each day.
Yeah I was just as surprised as you when I heard it. But I was told Gresch reached out to Choate.
Did he reach out before or after the whole OC switch

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Rockhead86 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:20 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Before.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:27 pm

Just throwing this out there... ISU is going to play two FBS and one D-II almost every year. If Jensen goes there, there is almost no chance of ever going to the playoffs because they’ll struggle to get seven D-I wins.

As of now, that would leave his decision to Albany and MSU.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:04 am

I would love to see Gresch at MSU, but personally i think he will end up at Texas State now that Stitt is there. If Stitt doesn't offer him, i guess as long as it's up to Stitt, that would be a huge slap in the face to Gresch IMO. If he doesn't end up there, he'll be here, but I'd almost bet my last dime he goes with Stitt.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 am

Anyone remember where a certain MSU QB was supposed to a few years ago? :-^
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... atform=amp

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Rockhead86
New Recruit

Post by Rockhead86 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:54 pm
Rockhead86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Before.

Does anyone else think that might effect the decision for GJ

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:45 am

I think Gresch knows MSU is on the verge of taking the next step. Most of the core team returns (including most of the OL) and there are a lot of play makers in Iffanse, Logan Jones, TA, Kassis, Murray and a HOST of others. If there is a team that is primed to step into, the Bobcats are THE team.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am

Rockhead86 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Rockhead86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Before.

Very good point, but I think the fact that he reached out to the staff and has visited us twice in the last three (well after the OC change) weeks has to bode well right? I am worried about Stitt and TX state swooping in though.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:07 am

RobertCats wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am
Rockhead86 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Rockhead86 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Before.

Very good point, but I think the fact that he reached out to the staff and has visited us twice in the last three (well after the OC change) weeks has to bode well right? I am worried about Stitt and TX state swooping in though.
Getting Matt back there has only made things better. Wait? Is there a narrative that Miller will only run a run-first offense thus leading to a kid like Gresch not coming here? Pretty big slap in the face to Matt's knowledge of the passing game if that's the case.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:57 am

RobertCats wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

5 Pages in one day on efizz on the Possibility of Gresch coming here. Half in favor of Gresch and the other half throwing up in the mouth over the possibility of having him beat Hauck.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 am

tdub wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 am
Anyone remember where a certain MSU QB was supposed to a few years ago? :-^
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... atform=amp
I saw this and wondered the same thing.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 am

Nothing wrong with having a full stable of really good quarterbacks on your football team. I like the idea of having a lot of quarterback recruits in the mix. QB's tend to be the best players/athletes on their teams coming out of high school, and sometimes they get beat out or moved to other positions where they end up being outstanding players, or really solid contributors to your team overall. Plus you never know when you may encounter a rash of injuries that decimates your QB position, because apparently that can happen.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:26 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 am
Nothing wrong with having a full stable of really good quarterbacks on your football team. I like the idea of having a lot of quarterback recruits in the mix. QB's tend to be the best players/athletes on their teams coming out of high school, and sometimes they get beat out or moved to other positions where they end up being outstanding players, or really solid contributors to your team overall. Plus you never know when you may encounter a rash of injuries that decimates your QB position, because apparently that can happen.
Funny you say THIS. During the last NDSU game, the commentary came up about the way NDSU loves to recruit quarterbacks. They mentioned NDSU has 6 qb's on the roster playing different positions than QB.
Seems like Chaote has this philosophy as well. Jonsen is going to be great for us. And it won't be at QB.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 am

4thecats wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:26 am
Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:15 am
Funny you say THIS. During the last NDSU game, the commentary came up about the way NDSU loves to recruit quarterbacks. They mentioned NDSU has 6 qb's on the roster playing different positions than QB.
Seems like Chaote has this philosophy as well. Jonsen is going to be great for us. And it won't be at QB.
This has been a recruiting MO for quite some time, it's nothing recent. That's how all these upstart programs crashed the BCS such as Boise State and TCU. They weren't necessarily recruiting QB's, they were recruiting the best athletes they could find and then fitting them in.

Having said that, even an extraordinarily athletic and talented high school QB has limits to where he can play. It's doubtful you'd ever see one become a lineman. It seems like there are only a few positions an athletic QB can switch, like safety, corner, and wide receiver. Maybe running back. I know it's not a complete list, but you get the idea.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.