New quarterback

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

August newby
BobcatNation Redshirt

New quarterback

Post by August newby » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Twitter has a picture of gresch Jensen styling a bobcat uniform. #2.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: New quarterback

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 pm

August newby wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:18 pm
Twitter has a picture of gresch Jensen styling a bobcat uniform. #2.
He was on an official visit with other recruits this week. Will likely visit Idaho State next weekend.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

MountainCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MountainCat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:29 pm

This is a great addition, a good depth move. Jensen looks polished, but if you watch video on Jensen, Rovig, and Bauman they’re all very similar in style. It could be a great quarterback battle in Bozeman this next year with Rovig and Bauman having a year under their belt and a more experienced player pushing them forward. If we can solidify our OC position with someone who can utilize the the strengths of the players on our roster, our passing game can grow while allowing Ifanse to thrive. I like the initial looks of our developing offense, hopefully we’ll be able to bring in more receiving talent to continue creating greater depth. Talent will push talent for play time, Jensen is a positive push forward forward to continue developing our program!

August newby
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by August newby » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Trying to confirm the validity of this. His father was my last college roommate. His folks are class people.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 pm

August newby wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:34 pm
Trying to confirm the validity of this. His father was my last college roommate. His folks are class people.
All recruits get their picture taken in a Bobcat uniform when they make their official visit. He hasn't committed anywhere yet.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:41 pm

posted on multiple other threads.

August newby
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by August newby » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:48 pm

I stand corrected. I did not know that pictures are. Taken on official visits. If it turns out to be true, it's a good get.

MNCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MNCat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Why would Gresch post a picture of himself in a Bobcat uniform if he was going to sign with another team?

He also posted that picture today a week after his visit.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm

MNCat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm
Why would Gresch post a picture of himself in a Bobcat uniform if he was going to sign with another team?

He took an unofficial visit the week prior. He came back this week to be a part of the first week of official visits (one more next week before early signing day). Kids have posted pictures of their official visits every year since I've tracked recruiting going back to 2015. Now what does it mean? It means Gresch is very interested in coming here and has been since he reached out to Choate a few months ago. However, Bob Stitt was just hired at Texas State as their OC and two TS coaches began following Gresch on twitter today. He also has strong interest in Idaho State which is an offense that would feature his arm and is ran by former Griz WR coach Mike Ferriter who also has an extensive history with Gresch. We will see what happens.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Damn I can't wait for December 19th

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:51 pm
MNCat wrote:

He took an unofficial visit the week prior. He came back this week to be a part of the first week of official visits (one more next week before early signing day). Kids have posted pictures of their official visits every year since I've tracked recruiting going back to 2015. Now what does it mean? It means Gresch is very interested in coming here and has been since he reached out to Choate a few months ago. However, Bob Stitt was just hired at Texas State as their OC and two TS coaches began following Gresch on twitter today. He also has strong interest in Idaho State which is an offense that would feature his arm and is ran by former Griz WR coach Mike Ferriter who also has an extensive history with Gresch. We will see what happens.
Gresh was here when we played incarnate word.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Gresch was here when we played incarnate word.
Last edited by Hi-Line Bobcat on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:18 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Gresh was here when we played incarnate word.
Yeah thats what I meant...kind of sort of forgot the NDSU weekend was in there floatin' around as well. #-o

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:24 pm

I can’t totally confirm, but I did hear there was another QB here when Gresch was here? I don’t know that one for sure though.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:30 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

I think we are getting a few recruits because of publicity and recognition. Look at Sterk leading the Big Sky in multiple categories.

Idaho State might be a flash in the pan, hard to say at this point. Texas State also needs a rebuild how long will that take? A strong player might not get coverage beyond local papers given other FBS schools performing.

Starting at MSU as QB could result in some strong interest initially as the program is rising and continued success will increase that exposure. Wentz and Stick are showing the FCS is getting a few more looks by scouts these days.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Stick won’t play in the NFL. But you are right the NFL is looking more at the FCS now versus the past and NDSU, EWU, and JMU have a lot to do with that.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:24 pm
I can’t totally confirm, but I did hear there was another QB here when Gresch was here? I don’t know that one for sure though.
I heard it was Devon Modster, a UCLA transfer. But it seems like he is looking for more FBS interest.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

HE reached out to Choate vs the other way around?! I like this kid more and more each day.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

HE reached out to Choate vs the other way around?! I like this kid more and more each day.
Yeah I was just as surprised as you when I heard it. But I was told Gresch reached out to Choate.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:54 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:38 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
MNCat wrote:

Yeah I was just as surprised as you when I heard it. But I was told Gresch reached out to Choate.
I can’t speak first hand, but that is my understanding as well. I guess you could say he has a chip on his shoulders.