Will they stay or will they go...PART 2

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Will they stay or will they go...PART 2

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:59 pm
Doesn’t matter who recruited Murray at this point we have to call it a failure per say, due to the fact he is no longer our QB when he should have been.
And if he comes back, sees the field again, and graduates, will you eat your words?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Doesn’t matter who recruited Murray at this point we have to call it a failure per say, due to the fact he is no longer our QB when he should have been.
Huh? :roll:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:16 pm
Bsmithmsu wrote:
And if he comes back, sees the field again, and graduates, will you eat your words?
Sure but I dont believe Choat will have a place for a kid that lets the team down by giving up on their education when there are 100 other kids on the roster putting in their time and work.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:32 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Sure but I dont believe Choat will have a place for a kid that lets the team down by giving up on their education when there are 100 other kids on the roster putting in their time and work.
Doubt he'd be returning to MSU if Choate wasn't going to give him a chance to prove he deserves to be on this team again.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:52 pm
Bsmithmsu wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Doubt he'd be returning to MSU if Choate wasn't going to give him a chance to prove he deserves to be on this team again.
If he joins the team again, does he go to the top of the QB list?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
You are a miserable mope.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
I would say no. Personally I'd tell him if he doesn't win the competition in spring he is moving positions. If he practices in spring that is

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm
One of the top candidates for the NAU job is Boise State WR coach Eric Kiesau. I'd have to guess that Miller would accept that position at Boise,if offered, and Choate goes a different direction at OC.
You’re probably right, however I can say that things don’t look good here in Boise for Coach Harsin. He’s not going anywhere this year, but the general consensus around here is that the boosters with influence aren’t too enamored with him and are starting to threaten pulling funding if he’s kept around much longer. Miller might be weary of hitching on to that horse, potentially, although I think his wife is from Boise, which I would imagine would influence the decision pretty strongly as well. :-k

GO CATS GO!!!

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:41 am

Yep heard similar that the natives are restless in Boise. I don’t think it is a good time for Mm to look that direction.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:58 am

Bsmithmsu wrote:
WHAT?? This isn't pro ball. It is difficult to go to school and play football. There is no way I could have done both. If he comes back and is on the team then he has the kind of character I would want on our team!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:26 am

gtapp wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:58 am
Bsmithmsu wrote:
WHAT?? This isn't pro ball. It is difficult to go to school and play football. There is no way I could have done both. If he comes back and is on the team then he has the kind of character I would want on our team!
+1 Well said!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 am

Hawks86 wrote:
One of the top candidates for the NAU job is Boise State WR coach Eric Kiesau. I'd have to guess that Miller would accept that position at Boise,if offered, and Choate goes a different direction at OC.
Our WR’s production has fallen off dramatically since Coach Miller came on board.

I am not smart enough to know if it is his coaching abilities, QB play or other factors but I don’t think his resume will excite other programs.

And I will be the first to admit that this may be due to circumstances beyond his control,

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:07 am

imacat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Our WR’s production has fallen off dramatically since Coach Miller came on board.

I am not smart enough to know if it is his coaching abilities, QB play or other factors but I don’t think his resume will excite other programs.

And I will be the first to admit that this may be due to circumstances beyond his control,
If you watched the games you'd have to acknowledge the fact that it was not fundamentally about having bad receivers running bad routes...but more about passing game essentially being a non-factor. In the one game where we had Rovig in against Wagner, there were brilliant passes and catches producing over 300+ in yardage. I'm thinking Miller is not the reason for sub par WR's this season!

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:14 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Can't wait to see how this plays out, how he performs in the spring, etc. He certainly won't start back at the top, but I believe coach choate now loves the dual- threat, +1 run game philosophy, so I've got to think Murray has a good shot to play next year, assuming he continues to improve his passing.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am

imacat wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 am
Hawks86 wrote:

Ya think it might be because we haven't had a good passing QB?

six--man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by six--man » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Like to think that if Troy worked at it , he could be a complete QB Rovig needs more chances to prove himself as back up ( injury) I really haven't seen Bauman Jonsen could continue as wildcat

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Ok. I like several of our QB's. If Jensen is brought in that is awesome! I love Murray, Rovig, and Bauman in the mix. TA at LB and some RB. I think QB is a huge strength next year and not a weakness. If Jensen or the UCLA guy commits we then have 4 capable QB's.

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 am

Anacomando wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 pm
Ok. I like several of our QB's. If Jensen is brought in that is awesome! I love Murray, Rovig, and Bauman in the mix. TA at LB and some RB. I think QB is a huge strength next year and not a weakness. If Jensen or the UCLA guy commits we then have 4 capable QB's.
I'm thinking of the run game schemes in our future, next year. Think: Logan Jones and ifanse flanking Murray in the gun. Jonsen in motion across the formation, with kassis and (mccutcheon, metcalfe, duru,etc) split to the motion side. How, exactly, do you propose a defense account for everything on that play? Granted, the qb needs to be a better threat to throw (here's hoping), but my goodness that's a lot of speed at this level.

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm

I have personally been a big proponent of having a passing quarterback the last few years. However, I caught myself thinking if Chris Murray makes it back... what that diamond formation would look like with Chris, Ifanse, Jones, and Andersen. Not many fcs teams could deal with that combination no matter how much they stacked the box. I still know that for the long run of this program, we do need a passing qb, but man, it’s tempting...

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm

If Rovig is still here next year I would be shocked.

If your left, you aren’t right.