Will they stay or will they go?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Will they stay or will they go?

Post by Montanabob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:40 pm
imacat wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 pm
If Armstrong is on the staff next year I would be shocked. He has been over his head since he got here. I don’t have a vendetta against Brian, but I called it when he got here and I stand by it. If Choate wants the next level he is gonna have to cut ties with some guys and Armstrong is one of them.
I completely agree. This was a bad hire and it is time to cut ties.
Does Armstrong go back to Rocky?

Bets on Eastern Illinois head coach?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Southern Illinois (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop Rocky Mountain College head coach Jason Petrino will be the new defensive coordinator at Southern Illinois.
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/th ... er-3-2018/

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Southern Illinois (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop Rocky Mountain College head coach Jason Petrino will be the new defensive coordinator at Southern Illinois.
That’s quite a big jump. Good for him.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Killdeer Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Killdeer Cat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Did Paulson get canned?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:11 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 pm
I personally feel Matt Miller did more than enough to keep the title of OC. When he gets a few more pieces to the puzzle in place, he will really show his knowledge.

Coach Choate- He always seems to be mentioned in links to jobs. Last week a knowledgeable griz booster told me it was heard in Missoula that he was interested in the Colorado job. I just don’t see Coach leaving right now for other jobs. Unfinished business.

Coach TY- Will stay ... again unfinished business.

Coach Armstrong— Coach Choate has said he handled the situation professionally,but will that be enough?

Our staff is solid, I hope they are able to stay together for another year. Time will tell.
Ty's about due for a promotion. I'd love to see him stay, but he's outgrown his job.
Agreed on Gregorak. I think we all knew this would be a temporary stop for him. He was a good DC for those other guys and he’s been a good DC for the Cats.

I’d love for him to stay for as long as possible, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s here another year or two, but I think it’s a matter of time before he gets his shot somewhere to be the head coach.
I know it's unlikely but I'm on the boat of hoping Gregorak sticks it out here until Choate moves on and then Gregorak takes over as HC. I'd love to see him take over if it comes to it. He's a great recruiter, motivator, teacher, and the guys really seem to rally around him. His wife is from Montana and went to MSU so she'd probably like to stay in the area, though I don't know that for sure. It all points to what his timeline is. Does he mind waiting around for his shot as MSU HC? Who the heck knows, but I know I would love it if he did.