Transfer QB's in town this weekend

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Transfer QB's in town this weekend

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:09 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:20 pm
LTown Cat wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:02 pm
1984champ wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:45 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:06 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:44 pm
catgrad05 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:35 pm
Phat Daddy wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:07 pm
At this point, we know nothing more about the title of this thread than we did in the original post....Gresch Jensen and an unnamed P5 QB have allegedly visited campus.

I hope the early signing period is a bigger reveal than the remainder of the 5 pages dedicated to this thread.

I agree. And personally I would rather discuss the two that came for the visit and what it means.

Does anyone believe that the staff said we want both of you to come in and compete or was it more along the lines of we have room for one transfer and the first one to accept the scholarship gets the spot?

Follow up.......I believe they are telling both guys that if your coming you need to sign in the early signing and be on campus in January and participate in spring drills.

Thoughts?
I think that would eliminate Jensen. Don't they make you be at the school for the year? Might be confused on that rule however
There is a Big Sky Conference rule here that they can't play for another BSC school until completing two semesters attendance without BSC concurrence -

"Individual conferences can still put restrictions on transferring within the league. The Big Sky Conference has an intra-conference transfer rule.
When an athlete who is receiving athletically related financial aid transfers within the Big Sky, they have to sit out for “one full academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters excluding summer) before eligible to compete,” according to the rule.
“During that period, the student-athlete shall not be offered, provided or have arranged, directly or indirectly, any earned or unearned athletically-related financial aid.
“A recruited non-qualifier, although not receiving athletically related aid, is bound by this provision.
“On written petition from the student-athlete clearly explaining all extenuating circumstances and hardships, the Eligibility Committee may waive the year in residency requirement and/or financial aid restriction for an intra-conference transfer.”
It has been reported that we offered Jensen so not sure how this rule is applied.
Also, that is for a direct transfer. BSC school to BSC school. He left and attended a JC--not sure how that influences the rule either.
He isn't in the BSC so that rule should have no bearing on whether he can play for us next fall or not.
It would matter because he hasn't had 2 semesters removed from the GRIZ, just one... So no financial aid for the Spring semester.
But the rule states a direct transfer within the BSC, which this would not be.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:21 pm

And he’ll have a degree—I think that matters.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Couple things regarding posts in this thread:

- I am 99.9% sure the BSC intraconference transfer rules are a moot point for Gresch due to his drop down to JUCO route...now he’s just viewed as a JUCO transfer so normal stuff there
- Gresch is definitely a talented QB and will help any team he lands on. If he came to bozeman i think he makes the cats an instant contender for conference championships since QB is your biggest missing piece
- there were a lot of posters here bashing Gresch prior to his first Cat-Griz game saying he isn’t all that great, was overrated, and isn’t that good of a QB. Glad to see you’ve all changed your tune :D

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm

- I am 99.9% sure the BSC intraconference transfer rules are a moot point for Gresch due to his drop down to JUCO route...now he’s just viewed as a JUCO transfer so normal stuff there
- Gresch is definitely a talented QB and will help any team he lands on. If he came to bozeman i think he makes the cats an instant contender for conference championships since QB is your biggest missing piece
- there were a lot of posters here bashing Gresch prior to his first Cat-Griz game saying he isn’t all that great, was overrated, and isn’t that good of a QB. Glad to see you’ve all changed your tune :D
Gresh would no doubt make us contenders. He would probably be the best all around qb the cats would ha e since Lulay. Only issue is how quickly can the offense adapt to a new playbook and will we have enough good wr next year to get all of Gresh’s potential.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:11 pm
Grizaddict wrote:

Gresh would no doubt make us contenders. He would probably be the best all around qb the cats would ha e since Lulay. Only issue is how quickly can the offense adapt to a new playbook and will we have enough good wr next year to get all of Gresh’s potential.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C'mon man. DeNarius McGhee and Dakota Prukop would beg to differ.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Grizaddict wrote:

I was hoping we would offer him as soon as he announced he was leaving UM-back when we still thought Murray was coming back. He's an order of magnitude better as a passer than anyone on an MSU roster since D-Mac graduated. OK, maybe not order of magnitude, but he's clearly substantially better than anyone since McGhee. I agree he makes us an instant contender.

Regarding the transfer rule: the way I read it, it only applies to financial aid. You can transfer BSC to BSC as long as you aren't on scholarship. He would have to pay his way with out of state tuition if he came here. If he were my kid, I'd probably suck it up & pay the $7k, but I have no idea what his family finances are like. Considering that he's going to graduate without any other student debt, that seems like a pretty cheap price to pay to have the inside track & spring season jump on a starting spot on a playoff team.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Do you think this team is completely devoid of talent? Holy crap. Kassis would very possibly be a 1st team BSC WR on a team like Eastern. Mccutchen, Willie P and Jonsen are also panning out to be solid WRs.

Have you been watching this team? The playbook has been a lot less QB run heavy since Miller took over. There would be no issues with the playbook should Jensen take over. Or Bauman, Rovig, Beltran for that matter. Option game would be run less, but that's when Jonsen, Kassis and TA would line up at QB. And Jensen isn't a stick in the mud either.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:22 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I think he looked better as a Freshman than McGhee & he's already a far better passer than Prukop ever was. He doesn't have Prukops wheels, but that's a really minor concern with a QB. Well, maybe some Bobcats think differently...

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Devon Modster was sitting next to Damion Lillard at the Cat b ball game last night FWIW...

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Grizaddict wrote:

You might have us confused with your current coach. Didn’t he run off Gresch?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm
Devon Modster was sitting next to Damion Lillard at the Cat b ball game last night FWIW...

That's one hell of a recruiting tool.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 pm
Grizaddict wrote:

You might have us confused with your current coach. Didn’t he run off Gresch?
:-^

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm

onceacat wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:22 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I think he looked better as a Freshman than McGhee & he's already a far better passer than Prukop ever was. He doesn't have Prukops wheels, but that's a really minor concern with a QB. Well, maybe some Bobcats think differently...
I suppose Prukop is debatable. McGhee is not, especially his freshman year.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: bold statement right there. Prukop is maybe, kinda, sorta debatable, but not really....

McGhee... well, if he is in fact better then Denarius then he is one hell of a QB! Most wins all time in big sky history, one of like 15 QB's to pass for 10,000+ and run for 1,000+ (at any level), holds damn near every record at MSU...…………………………………

but yeah, hopefully Gresch comes here, and he does in fact turn out to be better then McGhee, that would be sweet!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Bsmithmsu
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bsmithmsu » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:43 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm
onceacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I don’t believe either of these two throw as clean of a pass that Gresh does. McGhee was just good at turning a broken play into something and Prukop must have bought his fame because I never was big on him. He showed glimmers of greatness now and then but just couldn’t get it all together.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Cats15 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm
Good eye! There is a good picture of Lillard and what I thought was an entourage at the game last night up on Skyline. Guy on the right looks a hell of a lot like Devon Modster.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:43 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm
onceacat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I don’t believe either of these two throw as clean of a pass that Gresh does. McGhee was just good at turning a broken play into something and Prukop must have bought his fame because I never was big on him. He showed glimmers of greatness now and then but just couldn’t get it all together.
McGhee could throw spirals all day but always on a rope. Never did seem to really get the touch passes down. I think his most positive attribute was his leadership.

Prukop was a product of the system. He was a heck of an athlete but I feel like a lot of his numbers came after we were already behind.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Do we have a shark jumping emoji?

KHaslam
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by KHaslam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 pm

I hope you guys land Jensen, that would be great for us.

Don't take my word for it, take the Missoulians!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:40 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:03 pm
Do we have a shark jumping emoji?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter