Big opportunity for Bauman

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MTmadeCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Big opportunity for Bauman

Post by MTmadeCat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:43 am
superbobcat wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 am
Does anybody know what the status is with Chris Murray? Is he he in school and/or playing?
Thought he was in the MSU student directory as the plan was for him to strictly focus on school. But just checked and he is not listed anymore. I think the ship has sailed.
He was on a connecting flight I had from SLC back to BZN right before classes started up again this fall, and I’ve seen him at 2 home games thus far. My assumption is he may be taking a few online classes each semester to improve his grades to where they need to be while remaining close to his teammates. Also, he just recently posted a photo on twitter or instagram hinting he would be back in due time. All indiciations are he plans to be back, but I know what happens when I assume things.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm

I read numerous times before the season that he’s taking classes elsewhere and plans to come back. I’ve heard from players parent that he’s actually very smart, but for some reason was always late turning in assignments. Maybe they’ just being nice, but they seemed sincere.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:32 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:17 pm
I read numerous times before the season that he’s taking classes elsewhere and plans to come back. I’ve heard from players parent that he’s actually very smart, but for some reason was always late turning in assignments. Maybe they’ just being nice, but they seemed sincere.

If you click on this tweet, you can see that Felix Marques (photographer who posts here sometimes) replies that he’s glad to hear that Chris is in Bozeman. Chris’s response seems to imply that he actually is.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:33 pm

His Instagram post on October 9th.....

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:34 pm

MTmadeCat wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:
Does anybody know what the status is with Chris Murray? Is he he in school and/or playing?
Thought he was in the MSU student directory as the plan was for him to strictly focus on school. But just checked and he is not listed anymore. I think the ship has sailed.
He was on a connecting flight I had from SLC back to BZN right before classes started up again this fall, and I’ve seen him at 2 home games thus far. My assumption is he may be taking a few online classes each semester to improve his grades to where they need to be while remaining close to his teammates. Also, he just recently posted a photo on twitter or instagram hinting he would be back in due time. All indiciations are he plans to be back, but I know what happens when I assume things.
Is there a credit cutoff to be listed in the MSU student directory? Just asking because I really don't know. If he is taking online classes elsewhere, glad he is still in Bozeman if that's the case.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:56 pm

MTmadeCat wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
superbobcat wrote:
Good for him. I'm pulling for him to make it back next year. He does seem like a good kid!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:17 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:33 pm
His Instagram post on October 9th.....

Thanks for sharing that.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 pm

All this Chris Murray talk and I just couldn’t help myself. I had to go watch the 2016 Cat-Griz highlights. That was “The Chris Murray Game” in my opinion.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:04 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 pm
All this Chris Murray talk and I just couldn’t help myself. I had to go watch the 2016 Cat-Griz highlights. That was “The Chris Murray Game” in my opinion.
Oh for sure. He has that flip into the end zone pinned at the top of his Twitter profile. I love it. He seems really still committed to the team. I would absolutely love for him to come back next year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:09 pm

I've heard second hand from some friends of his, no doubt he'll be back next year. Take it for what it's worth. Can you imagine our offense with a great QB (Be it Tucker, B or B or whoever) with CM, TA, and TJ all on the field at once? That is some serious speed right there.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:09 pm
I've heard second hand from some friends of his, no doubt he'll be back next year. Take it for what it's worth. Can you imagine our offense with a great QB (Be it Tucker, B or B or whoever) with CM, TA, and TJ all on the field at once? That is some serious speed right there.
I have never heard anything other than he's planning on being back. and this is from coaches who I assume would know. or at the very least know what they heard. whether it happens or not we'll see. but it's why it's so frustrating on here listening to people saying he let the team down and will never be back. just complete made up speculation at this point.

as of now i'd be far more shocked if we DON'T see CM this spring than I'll be if we do see him.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:15 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Is there a credit cutoff to be listed in the MSU student directory? Just asking because I really don't know. If he is taking online classes elsewhere, glad he is still in Bozeman if that's the case.
Perhaps. I believe it's also possible for students to request that their directory information be private, or as you say, he may be still living in Bozeman but taking online classes elsewhere.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:44 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 pm
A freshman QB playing in Missoula is a death sentence for dUMb. :wink: I love it.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:12 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:34 pm
@VimSinceO3
There is no credit cutoff. All currently registered students on the main campus are included — EXCEPT a student may file a confidentiality request and disappear from the directory overnight.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 pm

I always get Beltran and Bauman mixed up. Which freshman QB is the one we're supposed to be really excited about?

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:18 pm

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:53 pm
I always get Beltran and Bauman mixed up. Which freshman QB is the one we're supposed to be really excited about?
Haha this made me chuckle only because nobody knows except for perhaps a few insiders watching practice, although you won't be short of expert opinions nonetheless. Either one might play, or neither. He are my observations from the final scrimmage of summer camp....

Bauman wears the #7 and I thought I was watching Elway play at the final scrimmage. Big, strong and bursting with talent, but remains to be seen how prepared he is for FCS level football. I thought for sure we would have seen him by now, although he can clearly benefit from a RS.

Beltran is 6'0" 180# and also flashed in the final scrimmage. I saw creativity and effectiveness, albeit against the defensive 3's. He was paired with Barkley and those guys marched down pretty much untouched for a TD. Also a guy that can benefit greatly from a RS.

Who knows.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Chris has been in Bozeman, I don’t know if he is going to school but he has been to the games and has been present before games.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:42 pm

He's taking online classes.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."