Big Sky Pick'em Week 8

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Big Sky Pick'em Week 8

Post by LIBBYCAT » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:03 pm

(Montana State) @ Weber, got a feeling but could be indigestion
Southern Utah @ (Idaho)
Idaho State @ (Liberty)
(NAU) @ N. Colorado
(UC Davis) @ Cal Poly
(UND) @ Sac State

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 am

Weber
Idaho
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
Sac State

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am

Weber
Southern Utah
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
UND

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Montana State
Idaho
Liberty
NAU
UC Davis
UND
Bye
Last edited by Cledus on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

exppi
Member # Retired

Post by exppi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Weber
Southern Utah
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
UND

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Montana State
Southern Utah
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
Sac State

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Cledus wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 pm
Montana State
Idaho
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
UND
Bye
Bye. :D

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:06 pm

Montana State
Southern Utah
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
UND

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:43 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm
Cledus wrote:
Montana State
Idaho
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
UND
Bye
I guarantee that Bye will be +2 in turnovers this week. :lol:

GO CATS GO!!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:43 pm
DMMDCats wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:01 pm
Cledus wrote:
Montana State
Idaho
Idaho State
NAU
UC Davis
UND
Bye
I guarantee that Bye will be +2 in turnovers this week. :lol:
I’m just going with the hot hand. I think Bye shuts them out. :D

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 am

ISU 28 at Liberty 35 --- ISU gave a good UC-Davies team all they could handle. Now a road trip to a FBS team that is 3-3 with a hom hum schedule, but ISU will have its hands full with this one.

MSU 35 at WSU 42---BBQ beat EWU and EWU thumped MSU. Based on that and the game is in Odgen the BBQ should be cooking the Bobcats. The Cat's will get some points in garbage time.

NAU 32 at UNC 28---Will NAU have another swoon. If so, it will need to be starting soon. But this is a struggling UNC team.

North Dakota 25 at SAC 28---Sac seemed to have so much promise to start the season, but now they are pretty much out of the playoff picture and playing spoiler role. UND on the other hand has been having a good year. This game is @ Sac.

SUU 22 at UI 36---I would imagine UI fans are a bit flabergasted in their first season back as a FSC team. SUU is working on their bad year.

UCD 44 at CP 23---Is this considered a rivalry game? I would think so. On paper UC-Davis is the favorite for this one and I will stick with that.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 am

wapiti wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 am
ISU 28 at Liberty 35 --- ISU gave a good UC-Davies team all they could handle. Now a road trip to a FBS team that is 3-3 with a hom hum schedule, but ISU will have its hands full with this one.

MSU 35 at WSU 42---BBQ beat EWU and EWU thumped MSU. Based on that and the game is in Odgen the BBQ should be cooking the Bobcats. The Cat's will get some points in garbage time.

NAU 32 at UNC 28---Will NAU have another swoon. If so, it will need to be starting soon. But this is a struggling UNC team.

North Dakota 25 at SAC 28---Sac seemed to have so much promise to start the season, but now they are pretty much out of the playoff picture and playing spoiler role. UND on the other hand has been having a good year. This game is @ Sac.

SUU 22 at UI 36---I would imagine UI fans are a bit flabergasted in their first season back as a FSC team. SUU is working on their bad year.

UCD 44 at CP 23---Is this considered a rivalry game? I would think so. On paper UC-Davis is the favorite for this one and I will stick with that.
Quick point on your Weber prediction, EWU is a completely different team without Gubrud. They would have beaten Weber quite easily if he would have been healthy IMO. Also, has Weber scored 42 on anybody, ever? HAHA

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 am
wapiti wrote:

Quick point on your Weber prediction, EWU is a completely different team without Gubrud. They would have beaten Weber quite easily if he would have been healthy IMO. Also, has Weber scored 42 on anybody, ever? HAHA

While I agree that Eastern is a different team with Gubrud playing, I'm not convinced that Eastern would have won easily if he started. Gubrud is no where near as mobile as Barriere is and that poor kid was being hassled and was running for his life all game long, had it not been for his speed and athleticism he could have been sacked several more times. Weber State OWNED Eastern's offensive line. Had Gubrud started who's to say he also wouldn't have been running for his life? Even the best QB's are prone to making mistakes if you pressure them enough.

Lets not forget, this is the same Weber defense (minus 2 to 3 starters) who Beat Gubrud in Cheney last season. Granted Weber's offense this year leaves much to be desired, their defense hasn't seemed to lose a step at all from last season.

Would Eastern have won if Gubrud would have played? Well we'll never know. But if they would have, I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't have been an easy win. Also not to nitpick but Weber scored 45 on Northern Colorado earlier this season.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:01 pm

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 am
catatac wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 am
wapiti wrote:

While I agree that Eastern is a different team with Gubrud playing, I'm not convinced that Eastern would have won easily if he started. Gubrud is no where near as mobile as Barriere is and that poor kid was being hassled and was running for his life all game long, had it not been for his speed and athleticism he could have been sacked several more times. Weber State OWNED Eastern's offensive line. Had Gubrud started who's to say he also wouldn't have been running for his life? Even the best QB's are prone to making mistakes if you pressure them enough.

Lets not forget, this is the same Weber defense (minus 2 to 3 starters) who Beat Gubrud in Cheney last season. Granted Weber's offense this year leaves much to be desired, their defense hasn't seemed to lose a step at all from last season.

Would Eastern have won if Gubrud would have played? Well we'll never know. But if they would have, I'm pretty confident that it wouldn't have been an easy win. Also not to nitpick but Weber scored 45 on Northern Colorado earlier this season.
Good points, who knows. Plus I'm just hearing second hand because I didn't watch the game. My buddy who is an EWU alum did and he said Weber completely loaded the box all game and dared the QB to throw and he failed miserably. Tough to run when there's 8 in the box, especially against Weber.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

chainbreaker
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by chainbreaker » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Weber
Idaho
Liberty
NAU
UC Davis
Sac State

ragucat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ragucat » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:09 pm

MSU
Idaho
Idaho ST
UC Davis
NAU
North Dakota

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 am

It is a different game with Gubrud, Gubrud can handle a blitz in other ways besides running for his life like the other kid did. Not saying they win but I'd bet my life savings they score more than 6 points.

I think Weber will own our OL as well, because they will probably run the exact same gameplan they just did. We are a more physical team than EWU is but our OL has been pushed around at times. I fully expect to see 8 in the box again, like every team that ever plays us. Although I do think the coaches will come up with a few things for this game, not sure it will be enough.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Weber
Idaho
Liberty
NAU
UC Davis
UND