Refs were the WORST

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Refs were the WORST

Post by SACCAT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm

This was the worst officiated game I have EVER seen. This is the same crew that was suspended earlier this year...And the should be suspended AGAIN!!!! Blatent missed holding calls ALL GAME, Kassis calls for a fair catch, and is driven back about 3 yards (it wasn't hard, but still counts). The blocked punt called back because the player jumped strait up with both hands in the air....There were WAY more that I cant even remember...This crew should be fired..

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Refs were the WORST

Post by catscat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Then there was the one where the flag was thrown on the pass to Jonsen where he was hit while way up in the air. Probably should have been a penalty for hit on a defenseless receiver, but the refs cooked up a phony targeting call so they could wave it off.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm
This was the worst officiated game I have EVER seen. This is the same crew that was suspended earlier this year...And the should be suspended AGAIN!!!! Blatent missed holding calls ALL GAME, Kassis calls for a fair catch, and is driven back about 3 yards (it wasn't hard, but still counts). The blocked punt called back because the player jumped strait up with both hands in the air....There were WAY more that I cant even remember...This crew should be fired..
No question at all. Never seen such awful officiating at any level

Cats15
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cats15 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:52 pm

I have lost my voice cause I was screaming at the refs ALL game. I agree that was the worst officiating I have seen.

Mechanical Cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mechanical Cat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Defensive delay of game. Really?

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Not one to blame refs, but I agree.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Mechanical Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 pm
Defensive delay of game. Really?
Twice!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:14 pm

I did appreciate that this ref crew appeared to be on the side of keeping the flags in the pocket and letting the players play, which I vastly prefer to the crews who throw a flag every other play and totally screw up the flow of the game. Also, the call on the punt was, in my opinion, 100% the correct one as Sullivan from what I saw did attempt to jump over the blockers.

The two defensive delay of game calls on one drive was incredibly odd though, and I'd be interested to know exactly what they were calling. The only thing I remember seeing that call for previously was for a defensive player simulating the snap count to try and cause a false start. I don't think I've seen Choate get as angry with officials yet as he was at halftime, so as a non-expert I'll tend to agree with him if he thought they were bad!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Choate wasn’t complaining about the penalty on the blocked punt. The defensive delay of game was because someone on defense was mimicking the QB cadence.

Things definitely didn’t go MSU’s way in the first half again. MSU hasn’t had a good first half all season.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Anyone see the last extra point?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Mechanical Cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mechanical Cat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:23 pm

From my seat it looked good, but I was not a good angle to say definitively

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Mechanical Cat wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:23 pm
Might’ve been good and might’ve been roughing.

toM StUber

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Blocker almost ripped Marks' jersey off on the roughing call before their last TD.

2024 Resume dominance

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Mechanical Cat wrote:
I sit in the end zone and it looked like a miss to me, though it was very close.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:32 pm
Mechanical Cat wrote:
I sit in the end zone and it looked like a miss to me, though it was very close.
My folks watched it on TV, and said it looked like a miss....

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 pm

There were several times when I saw CATS sleeves/jerseys stretched. Cannot understand why the officials can miss those. Then again would they be calling a hold every play? And I am only watching how our defense is being held.
One play in particular caught my eye. Probably in the 3rd, right after the comment on Ifanse not looking for a hole but looking for someone to run over, Ifanse runs to the left and finds #3 Elliss just past the hole. It looked to me like Elliss might have led with his helmet, not blatant but still it looked as if the helmet caught the chin of Ifanse. Where is the line drawn on that call? We had one called on one of our dbs maybe last game or game before and I think he was ejected. Our db was caught in that spot where to me it looked like he couldn't avoid what happened.
The silly call/rule where you cannot hurdle a blocker to block a punt. Never knew that existed.
And was it Kassis that had contact on the fair catch? Where is the line drawn?
We got a break where it looked like a facemask call on I think their qb.I
Also the targeting on our WR, can't remember who, on the defenseless player. the one where they picked up the flag. Might have been an iffy call.
We could have caught a break on the PAT. Is that a reviewable?
Might not call them the worst but they were not good.
Done with my rant?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:38 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:14 pm
I did appreciate that this ref crew appeared to be on the side of keeping the flags in the pocket and letting the players play, which I vastly prefer to the crews who throw a flag every other play and totally screw up the flow of the game. Also, the call on the punt was, in my opinion, 100% the correct one as Sullivan from what I saw did attempt to jump over the blockers.

The two defensive delay of game calls on one drive was incredibly odd though, and I'd be interested to know exactly what they were calling. The only thing I remember seeing that call for previously was for a defensive player simulating the snap count to try and cause a false start. I don't think I've seen Choate get as angry with officials yet as he was at halftime, so as a non-expert I'll tend to agree with him if he thought they were bad!
I disagree on the block kick call. He split two of the blockers and jumped when he was next to them, not in front of them. But like you said, that is my opinion. I am all for not throwing flags all game, but you HAVE to call the holding penalties that are BALTENT.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Fa'anono was being held virtually every pass play. He owned the Idaho RT all game long and I don't think he drew a single holding call.

Sterk got held several times I saw, they did throw 1 flag for holding when Sterk was taken down to the ground. I guess that's what it takes for a flag.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:11 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 pm
Not one to blame refs, but I agree.
+1 very poor job by refs in this game.

xtra point was indeed a miss from my end zone view - close, but a miss

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 pm

I listened to choate after the game. He said Sullivan knew better on the blocked punt.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic