MSU offers Gresch Jensen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MSU offers Gresch Jensen

Post by Darth Yoda » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:14 pm

I know he's going to get lots of offers, but I hope we lock in a verbal early on. That can really help future recruiting efforts. He's a great QB no doubt about it and this has a chance to make us contenders on a national level next year.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am
The kid is going to get a bunch of offers when it’s all said and done. I’m hearing WSU and a couple other FBS programs are taking a hard look at him too. He will have a lot of opportunities for sure.
Not a chance. Geez.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:42 am
Well he may not want to come back into the Big Sky and deal with all of the headlines and drama that would ensue.
He wants to play in the big sky. FOR SURE. Only thing that’s keepa him from the Big Sky and the cats is a fbs offer.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:59 am

I think the only quarterback on roster that might beat out Jensen is Bauman and we may see how likely that is before the end of the season.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:01 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:59 am
I think the only quarterback on roster that might beat out Jensen is Bauman and we may see how likely that is before the end of the season.
You know as well as I do that no matter who the Cats recruit, either Choate or the injury gods will find a way to move a run-first QB to the #1 spot and the team will struggle to get a passing game going all season. :lol:

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:01 am
TomCat88 wrote:
You know as well as I do that no matter who the Cats recruit, either Choate or the injury gods will find a way to move a run-first QB to the #1 spot and the team will struggle to get a passing game going all season. :lol:
Great...
You said it out loud...
Now it WILL happen...

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:27 am

The Butcher wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:00 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:01 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Great...
You said it out loud...
Now it WILL happen...
You said it perfectly - thanks!

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

golden77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by golden77 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Still waiting for you Gresch, I could see you really flourishing with Matt Miller as your offensive coordinator.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:07 pm

You know Jensen has to be following what's going on in Sh!ttown out west and is loving every second of it.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:07 pm
You know Jensen has to be following what's going on in Sh!ttown out west and is loving every second of it.
As his former “fan base” talks crap about him and calls him a quitter. Apparently if you leave any other school to play for the griz you’re special. If you leave the griz to play for another team you’re weak, soft, and a quitter... :roll:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:35 pm
Cledus wrote:
As his former “fan base” talks crap about him and calls him a quitter. Apparently if you leave any other school to play for the griz you’re special. If you leave the griz to play for another team you’re weak, soft, and a quitter... :roll:
It’s taken awhile, but the reality of BH showing Gresch Jensen the door and firing Mike Ferriter is starting to set in for their fan base. It’s on full display and is absolutely glorious.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Cledus wrote:
There were some here who had the exact same reaction when Prukop transferred...

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:40 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Yep. And I adamantly disagreed with those posters as well.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:55 am

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Different situation. Gresh was pushed out. Prukop was welcome here but chose to leave on his own because he felt he was too big for MSU. His comments rubbed some fans the wrong way, anybody can understand that.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:53 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:55 am
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Different situation. Gresh was pushed out. Prukop was welcome here but chose to leave on his own because he felt he was too big for MSU. His comments rubbed some fans the wrong way, anybody can understand that.
I don't know if he was exactly pushed out......My few friends that are griz fans (I limit the number of griz people I associate with) who SEEM to think they have inside knowledge (whether they do or not I have no idea), have told me their version of him leaving a few times. From their perspective when Beavis was pitching the OC position to Rosenbach, Rosenbach said he would accept the position but he wanted to bring in HIS guy at the QB position. Apparently, they both had experience with Sneed and it was Rosenbach who actually got him to commit to UNLV in 2014 right before Beavis and staff stepped down. So Beav was all for Sneed coming with Rosenbach as a packaged deal. From day one it was obvious that Sneed was Rosenbach's guy and he got all the #1 reps. Jensen saw the writing on the wall, felt like he did not get a fair shake and that is when he decided to transfer. So I would say Jensen chose to leave on his own as well, for different reasons than Prukop and I totally understand why he did, but I bet Beav and company would sure like to have him on the roster now! I have also heard that Jensen is still pretty pissed and has a bitter taste in his mouth towards um after everything went down........

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 am

91catAlum wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Cledus wrote:

yeah, 2 very different situations.

Looking back on it, prukop REALLY screwed over his teammates. Had he played his senior year..... man, think about how different that year would have gone. Don't have to worry about the whole Bruggman debacle. Murray can redshirt. At the very least, we would have had a winning season, and probably challenged for the big sky title.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am

Sneed has a passer rating of 122 and falling (105 over last three games). Jensen finished at 148 last year. Huge drop off at QB for UM.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:15 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 am
91catAlum wrote:
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Cledus wrote:

yeah, 2 very different situations.

Looking back on it, prukop REALLY screwed over his teammates. Had he played his senior year..... man, think about how different that year would have gone. Don't have to worry about the whole Bruggman debacle. Murray can redshirt. At the very least, we would have had a winning season, and probably challenged for the big sky title.
I will never forgive Prukop.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:00 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 am
Sneed has a passer rating of 122 and falling (105 over last three games). Jensen finished at 148 last year. Huge drop off at QB for UM.
Apples to oranges. Different O Line and personnel so very hard to make that claim. I think Gresch was awesome and I didn’t like seeing him leave at all. But I am also not so naive to think he would produce better results than Sneed has behind our absolutely miserable O Line. He’d be running for his life and he doesn’t run as well as Sneed. Spins it better though.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 am

Yeah the OL has something to do with it, but is it the reason why Jensen has put up good numbers everywhere in college and Sneed hasn’t put up good numbers anywhere in college?