MSU offers Gresch Jensen

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

MSU offers Gresch Jensen

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:05 pm

It’s on Twitter. Taylor Barton account.

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU offers Gresch Jensen

Post by spring creek cat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:07 pm

You beat me to it!! Lol I think it is an interesting offer, and also a good one

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm

He’s 97-165-3, 1,433 yards 11tds 150 rating

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Why would we offer him? And why would he accept? We have a whole stable of young QB's. Either they are not as good as expected or the coaches expect someone(s) to quit! How about a transfer LB?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

spring creek cat

Post by spring creek cat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:22 pm

gtapp wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:17 pm
Why would we offer him? And why would he accept? We have a whole stable of young QB's. Either they are not as good as expected or the coaches expect someone(s) to quit! How about a transfer LB?
Probably because our running back/linebacker won the starting QB job

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Because he’s a known quality commodity. MSU doesn’t know what it has in Bauman or Beltran.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:42 pm

well, our current situation and history at QB/QB depth is rather boring..... at least this would give us something to talk about.... Ha!

Okay so next years battle (potentially):

-Travis Jonsen (Senior): 4 Star Recruit. One of the top dual threat QB's in the country out of Highschool.... still not sure how he has not done anything yet?
-Troy Anderson (Junior): If Chuck Norris and Mike Ditka could somehow produce a child in a Lab.... well that is Troy Anderson. Current Starter.
-Chris Murray (Junior): If he can make it back, gotta assume one of the top candidates to reclaim the QB spot. Freak athlete, previous starter.
-Gresch Jenson (Junior): Freshman All American for our Rivals.... very solid QB!.... This story line would be soooo entertaining.
-Tucker Rovig (Soph): Bit of a head scratcher. Started 1 game and killed it (against a weak opponent).
-Baumen (Redshirt Frosh): In my opinion belongs in the Pac 12. Massive potential.
-Beltran (Redshirt Frosh): bit of an unknown.
-Other Incoming True Freshman and/or Transfers: who knows.

get your popcorn.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Sorry to be that guy. It’s Andersen and it’s Bauman and Jensen. Not Anderson and not Baumen and not Jenson. Or are you just doing that to be funny?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:51 pm

gtapp wrote:
Because he is a special talent, and probably has a chip on his shoulder if he were to return to the Big Sky. But, like @VimSince03 said in the Recruiting thread, he is probably going to get some big-time offers after the season he is having and would be a long shot for him to come here.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:57 pm

spring creek cat wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:22 pm
gtapp wrote:
Probably because our running back/linebacker won the starting QB job
Yes, this does make you go hhhhmmmmm....regarding what the coaches think about our current QB situation. If my math is correct I believe he'd have 2 years of eligibility left to play for the Cats. He is a known commodity and had a good Redshirt Freshman season with dUMb.

This would be almost too good of an extremely ironic story......first, the dark pink run off a proven DC who comes across the divide to go 2-0 against his former school while holding his former team to 23 & 17 points respectively. Now, after they run off their Award winning RF QB, said QB could be in Bozo wearing Blue & Gold continuing the tradition. As Arte Johnson on Laugh-In would say...."veeeery interesting"! We shall see, but as I stated earlier, beating the jizz with staff/players that they ran off is, & continues to be, just precious. GO CATS!
Last edited by The MICKSTER on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:58 pm

I don’t think it’s a long shot. It would take an offer from a pretty big time school imo. I think he would love to come to MSU.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Why wouldn't we want him?? He is a hell of a player and would instantly upgrade the offense ten fold.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:01 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:49 pm
Sorry to be that guy. It’s Andersen and it’s Bauman and Jensen. Not Anderson and not Baumen and not Jenson. Or are you just doing that to be funny?

My bad.

Curious to hear what Coulter thinks about this news!?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Mickster: Arte Johnson might not be a goood reference. He followed “verrry interesting” with “, but stupid.”

Mslacatfan: it’s Colter, not Coulter. You’re killing me!! :lol:

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:14 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:02 pm
Mickster: Arte Johnson might not be a goood reference. He followed “verrry interesting” with “, but stupid.”
I did not know that......well in that case I was referring to BH running him off :lol:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Maybe he'll be our Grady Bennett

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:22 pm

I love this move. Gresch has a great arm. I was actually not looking forward to playing him for the next 4 years with the Griz. There is no denying his ability to throw the ball though (especially the deep ball).

bpcats20

Post by bpcats20 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Good person to offer.

My heart says that Bauman is the real deal and if given the chance will be our quarterback for the next 4 years.

At least there will be good competition at qb.

It would be interesting to see how Anderson stacks up at linebacker vs Olsen at UM.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:42 pm
well, our current situation and history at QB/QB depth is rather boring..... at least this would give us something to talk about.... Ha!

Okay so next years battle (potentially):

-Travis Jonsen (Senior): 4 Star Recruit. One of the top dual threat QB's in the country out of Highschool.... still not sure how he has not done anything yet?
-Troy Anderson (Junior): If Chuck Norris and Mike Ditka could somehow produce a child in a Lab.... well that is Troy Anderson. Current Starter.
-Chris Murray (Junior): If he can make it back, gotta assume one of the top candidates to reclaim the QB spot. Freak athlete, previous starter.
-Gresch Jenson (Junior): Freshman All American for our Rivals.... very solid QB!.... This story line would be soooo entertaining.
-Tucker Rovig (Soph): Bit of a head scratcher. Started 1 game and killed it (against a weak opponent).
-Baumen (Redshirt Frosh): In my opinion belongs in the Pac 12. Massive potential.
-Beltran (Redshirt Frosh): bit of an unknown.
-Other Incoming True Freshman and/or Transfers: who knows.

get your popcorn.
Agreed it’d be interesting, but as to your list above, this is how I see it in the hypothetical world that Jensen is with the Cats next year (which I see as a bit of a long shot):

Jonsen- not a qb anymore and I’d be surprised if that changes next year.

Andersen- I dont think he’s a qb next year, ESPECIALLY if Jensen were to come here

Rovig- unknown, but I could see him going elsewhere, especially if Jensen is in the mix. That’s just a hunch though.

Bauman- has potentially big upside, but still an unknown. This could be a great way to buy him another year of development and/or really elevate his game to try and beat out Jensen.

Beltran- major unknown, just don’t hear much about him but I think he’d be in the mix.

I would imagine there will be another freshman or two in the next class. There should be at least one in every freshman class.

So in the hypothetical situation that Jensen came to the Cats. I think the most likely scenario is that it’d be a three way race between Jensen, Bauman, and Beltran with Rovig possibly in there too.
The freshman would be scout team/RS with those other guys battling for the starting spot and backup.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:03 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 pm
He’s 97-165-3, 1,433 yards 11tds 150 rating
Those are good numbers, but I don’t see him making it at a top 50 program. He’s not as athletic as Prukop and I don’t recall him having any intangibles that would put him in the sights of an upper tier team. His completion pct is average as is his TD rate. Numbers are very consistent with what he had at UM.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber