Cat chat

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Cat chat

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 pm

For those of you that go to the grandtree, how early do you get there and get a table? I got there about 20 minutes early and no dice.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Cat chat

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am

Any news you’d like to share with those of us that live out of town?

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am
You can listen to the show live on the radio/internet and it should be up online sometime today. I missed the first few minutes of the show but I didn’t think they hit on anything new.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 am

lutecat wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:34 pm
For those of you that go to the grandtree, how early do you get there and get a table? I got there about 20 minutes early and no dice.
Got there at 6:15 and it was packed (found one seat). Think move-in day at MSU also had an impact on the number of people in the bar/restaurant. Going to try about 1/2 hour early next time?

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
You can listen to the show live on the radio/internet and it should be up online sometime today. I missed the first few minutes of the show but I didn’t think they hit on anything new.
Concur. The only thing I thought was interesting is that they are keeping the depth chart - particularly the QB position - tight to the vest.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Long Time Cat

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am

MSU Toddler wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 am
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
Concur. The only thing I thought was interesting is that they are keeping the depth chart - particularly the QB position - tight to the vest.
It makes me wonder if there's a chance that someone other than TA starts at QB. Otherwise why the secrecy.
Maybe Jonsen's as good as advertised and ready to go they just wanted to rest his foot.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:39 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
It makes me wonder if there's a chance that someone other than TA starts at QB. Otherwise why the secrecy.
Maybe Jonsen's as good as advertised and ready to go they just wanted to rest his foot.
Literally thought the exact same thing, then I talked myself out of it, then went back to it...... :-k

Who the hell knows, guess we'll find out in 7 days! One week fellas!!!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:44 am

RobertCats wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:39 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
Literally thought the exact same thing, then I talked myself out of it, then went back to it...... :-k

Depth chart will be released tomorrow as they start game prep. Must be an NCAA rule, so I don't think we'll have to wait long :)

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:56 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:44 am
RobertCats wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:

Depth chart will be released tomorrow as they start game prep. Must be an NCAA rule, so I don't think we'll have to wait long :)
I have a sneaking suspicion that we could see an "OR" situation listed under QB on the depth chart tomorrow.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:19 am

RobertCats wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:12 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that we could see an "OR" situation listed under QB on the depth chart tomorrow.
Just what I was thinking.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am

If they’re holding anything close to the vest it isn’t QB. Troy is a lock. Padmos, Neale, Brott, Sullivan, Kassis, fa’anono, Wright, Yates, konkol and Thomas are also locks. Plenty of positions left to be holding things close to the vest over.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:41 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:19 am
RobertCats wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:

Thought the same. If I was putting money on it, it’d be for TA to be the starting qb game 1.

BUT I don’t know if I buy the foot flare up for the reason why Jonsen didn’t get any reps at qb at the scrimmage. If his foot was acting up, you think he’d just sit entirely, not line up at receiver at times and run/cut/jump on that foot in live action.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a part of the plans at qb still and he ends up being the guy come game time. Choate did say him not playing qb at the scrimmage was a part of “keeping some things close to the vest” as he stated himself. Maybe that’s what he’s referring to. Kind of a long shot, but I don’t know the its just clear cut that Troy is the guy right now. We’ll find out soon enough.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:41 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:19 am
RobertCats wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:

Thought the same. If I was putting money on it, it’d be for TA to be the starting qb game 1.

BUT I don’t know if I buy the foot flare up for the reason why Jonsen didn’t get any reps at qb at the scrimmage. If his foot was acting up, you think he’d just sit entirely, not line up at receiver at times and run/cut/jump on that foot in live action.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a part of the plans at qb still and he ends up being the guy come game time. Choate did say him not playing qb at the scrimmage was a part of “keeping some things close to the vest” as he stated himself. Maybe that’s what he’s referring to. Kind of a long shot, but I don’t know the its just clear cut that Troy is the guy right now. We’ll find out soon enough.
I agree with all of this.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:07 pm

This is just like egriz talking about Buss playing against UNI despite not practicing once since the last game of the 2017 year.

Unless you’re thinking the WIU coaches are reading this then...uh, oh yeah,... I think Jonsen is gonna start.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:13 pm

In other news, TGs favorite word is dude and Armstrong wants to know if things make sense a lot.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:31 pm

I just don't see it. There's just no way the coaches are thinking Jonsen is the man at QB, and then give him no reps in the scrimmage. Every QB on our roster needs reps right now, especially scrimmage reps. They could've given Jonsen some reps and still kept it a secret who the starter would be. Makes no sense to me.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:04 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:31 pm
I just don't see it. There's just no way the coaches are thinking Jonsen is the man at QB, and then give him no reps in the scrimmage. Every QB on our roster needs reps right now, especially scrimmage reps. They could've given Jonsen some reps and still kept it a secret who the starter would be. Makes no sense to me.
I agree. But I also agree it seems a bit fishy how they're playing this. Someone else stated what I was thinking, if he was too hobbled up to take ANY snaps at QB why in the hell was he taking reps at WR? If TA is the unquestioned QB1 at this point that's fine but we need a backup. Maybe the coaches saw enough through Fall camp and the first scrimmage to know the exact pecking order.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 pm

I have something in common with gregorak. I also watch last chance U on the treadmill.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:33 pm

RobertCats wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
RobertCats wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Long Time Cat wrote:

:thumbup: Good call.

I still stand by what I mentioned the other day on this thread. If I were putting money on it, it’d be for Troy to be the starter on Thursday. But... having Troy and Jonsen officially listed on the two deep as an “or” just feeds into the speculation a little more.