Choate, the media, and Bobcat coverage in 2018

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Choate, the media, and Bobcat coverage in 2018

Post by catatac » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 am

I don't remember if people have posted about this but the coverage I'm seeing out of Fall camp so far has been really good. Colter does an awesome job, as does Rachac and others, and specifically these Bobcat Insider videos that Sanderson does are awesome. Everything from the quality of the video, the showing of the Bobcats in action, Choate's transparency about what the Bobcats are about, it all comes together very well IMO.

Compare that to the dark pinkies.... Hauck has reeeeeaaaalllly clamped things down over there. Closed practices, severely limited anything he allows the media to report on, and now I see he won't even allow them to release a depth chart. I suppose I don't blame him actually. He's going to have to work a miracle if they have any shot at winning that first game. Sounds like the one lone returning Griz O lineman is in street clothes.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Choate, the media, and Bobcat coverage in 2018

Post by Cledus » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:33 am

catatac wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:18 am
Compare that to the dark pinkies.... Hauck has reeeeeaaaalllly clamped things down over there. Closed practices, severely limited anything he allows the media to report on, and now I see he won't even allow them to release a depth chart. I suppose I don't blame him actually. He's going to have to work a miracle if they have any shot at winning that first game. Sounds like the one lone returning Griz O lineman is in street clothes.
Yeah, I've noticed that also. We're fortunate to have Choate and I appreciate his openness and willingness to communicate with the fans. BH is a big shot in his own mind and seems to think he's some kind of mafia don.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:48 am

The Chronicle is also doing more stories now after hardly doing anything for quite a while.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:52 am

=D^ =D^ =D^
The Bobcats by The Numbers countdown to Gold Rush stories have also been fantastic. It was always a great idea, and this year it's getting done! 19 days left!
=D^ =D^ =D^
https://msubobcats.com/archives.aspx?path=football

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm

I guess I must have missed the new kick off rules established for the upcoming season. Sanderson mentions it at 3:35 in the video, would someone care to elaborate for me?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm
I guess I must have missed the new kick off rules established for the upcoming season. Sanderson mentions it at 3:35 in the video, would someone care to elaborate for me?
Fair catches made inside the 20 or 25 on a kickoff will be treated as a touchback. No more 2 man wedges. That's all I can remember.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:51 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm
Fair catches made inside the 20 or 25 on a kickoff will be treated as a touchback. No more 2 man wedges. That's all I can remember.
Ahhh yes, I do remember hearing something about that being considered, but wasn't aware the rule was actually established.
Thank you for clarifying

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm

The OP said Griz practices are closed. This is simply not true. I just attended one today and there were probably 25-30 other fans there. The media was all there as well. I saw Colter and the media guys have all tweeted that out of respect of the coaches and teams (both UM and MSU) they won’t comment on depth charts, schemes, etc.

I follow lots of Griz social media, Skyline, etc and there’s a ton of content available. Literally interviews with Bobby and players every single practice as well as highlight videos. Tootell and Nuanez cover the Griz every single week on their ESPN show as well.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:06 pm
The OP said Griz practices are closed. This is simply not true. I just attended one today and there were probably 25-30 other fans there. The media was all there as well. I saw Colter and the media guys have all tweeted that out of respect of the coaches and teams (both UM and MSU) they won’t comment on depth charts, schemes, etc.

I follow lots of Griz social media, Skyline, etc and there’s a ton of content available. Literally interviews with Bobby and players every single practice as well as highlight videos. Tootell and Nuanez cover the Griz every single week on their ESPN show as well.
Yes. The grizzlies get twice as much coverage as the bobcats. At least. Lee newspapers flood the market with UM football news. The online Helena IR is overwhelming Griz football.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 pm
Grizaddict wrote:

Yes. The grizzlies get twice as much coverage as the bobcats. At least. Lee newspapers flood the market with UM football news. The online Helena IR is overwhelming Griz football.
I think the media and school does a great job with both programs. Especially with the use of social media, podcasts, etc. it really gives fans such an inside look. My post wasn’t to say one does better or more than the other but rather to simply point out that some of what the OP states just isn’t true. If you’re not following Griz media and social media, of course you won’t see all the same stuff you see as a Cats fan into your team.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 pm
Grizaddict wrote:

I think the media and school does a great job with both programs. Especially with the use of social media, podcasts, etc. it really gives fans such an inside look. My post wasn’t to say one does better or more than the other but rather to simply point out that some of what the OP states just isn’t true. If you’re not following Griz media and social media, of course you won’t see all the same stuff you see as a Cats fan into your team.
I follow all of it for both sides. TV and blogs are fairly even, but print and radio favor UM. I’m jealous.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber