Hereo Sports 2 a day Previews

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BrianMacHEROSPTS
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Hereo Sports 2 a day Previews

Post by BrianMacHEROSPTS » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Appreciate everything you all said above .... PS -- A couple MSU peeps know this, but my Uncle David was a communication professor at MSU for 25+ years. He started out as the Air Force ROTC commandant back in 1989, that's how he ended up there in the first place. Fell in love with Bozeman and the family didn't want to leave. I've visited Bozeman 8 or 9 times over the years. Great place.

Hit me up any time at brian.mclaughlin@herosports.com or on TweeterWorld @BrianMacWriter. Appreciate all FCS fans.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm

BrianMacHEROSPTS wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm
Appreciate everything you all said above .... PS -- A couple MSU peeps know this, but my Uncle David was a communication professor at MSU for 25+ years. He started out as the Air Force ROTC commandant back in 1989, that's how he ended up there in the first place. Fell in love with Bozeman and the family didn't want to leave. I've visited Bozeman 8 or 9 times over the years. Great place.
Make it 10 and come take in our gold rush game, you won't be disappointed.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:26 am

Western Illinois preview:
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... inois-bzbz
BEST-CASE SCENARIO: The Leathernecks return to the playoffs with a more favorable first-round draw. They will be challenged early with nonconference games against rejuvenated Big Sky powers Montana at home and Montana State on the road along with a game against FBS Illinois. Just going 2-1 there is going to be considered a huge win. Then it's on to the MVFC gauntlet with four of the first five games coming against teams looking to be in the playoff hunt.
I'm guessing they will go 1-2 in the nonconference. I just don't see the griz beating them in their home. I expect the Bobcats to dominate a good Bulldog squad.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Tucker Yates among top 5 returning defensive linemen in Big Sky
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-big ... binna-bzbz

5. TUCKER YATES, MONTANA STATE
Tucker Yates, Montana State DLMSU’s front seven looks like a loaded group this year and Yates is at the forefront of that. He earned the team's Defensive MVP Award with Zach Wright, another returning defensive lineman, after starting all 11 games.

Yates totaled 41 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and one sack last year. Standing 6-foot and weighing 290 pounds, he was a human wrecking ball against Northern Arizona, racking up 11 tackles. The senior enters 2018 on the preseason all-Big Sky Team as we could be looking at the best defensive unit in the Big Sky.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:35 pm

TOP FANBASE (*)
montana-state
Montana State fans are eager for the 2018 season and it showed when our team preview came out. The Bobcats are at No. 8 nationally for fan engagement.

(*) - Based on fan engagement with our previews this summer.
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... edium=Link

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm

BrianMacHEROSPTS
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BrianMacHEROSPTS » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:34 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 pm
BrianMacHEROSPTS wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm
Make it 10 and come take in our gold rush game, you won't be disappointed.
I'm sorry I didn't see this before LuckyIrishGuy ... but not surprisingly hospitality doesn't just exist in the South. I'd love to see a game in Bozeman, trust me. I'd also love to get out of this heat in Florida and feel REAL weather up in God's Country.

Hit me up any time at brian.mclaughlin@herosports.com or on TweeterWorld @BrianMacWriter. Appreciate all FCS fans.