Coach Cole and the QBs

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Coach Cole and the QBs

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:14 pm

I won’t go so far as to say he’ll start after 3-4 games, but I’ve heard the coaches like him. His style is tailor made for MSU.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm

With Murray’s expected improvement he’ll be a pretty hard to beat in my humble opinion.

If Beltran does beat him Katie bar the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:41 pm

“Ruben is a competitor with a high football IQ,” MSU third-year head coach Jeff Choate said. “He will join us with a chip on his shoulder and is eager to compete at the quarterback position right away.”

“Coach Cole is telling me he really wants me to come in and compete,” Beltran said. “He wants me to push for a starting job, come in and work my tail off and work for that starting job.”

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:“Ruben is a competitor with a high football IQ,” MSU third-year head coach Jeff Choate said. “He will join us with a chip on his shoulder and is eager to compete at the quarterback position right away.”

“Coach Cole is telling me he really wants me to come in and compete,” Beltran said. “He wants me to push for a starting job, come in and work my tail off and work for that starting job.”
And what players does Choate tell ... “No reason to work hard because there is no way in hell you will see the field this year.”

This is challenge he gives to all recruits ... and rightly so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk