Gold Rush Countdown!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Gold Rush Countdown!

Post by Rich K » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 pm

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm

34 days until kickoff. I can still remember Ryan Johnson just dominating teams. While many people look to Lulay, McGee, or Ioane as program icons I would Ryan Johnson right up there with anyone! Great player and a great person too! Can't wait for this Cat team. I'm excited, but the schedule is very difficult. One game at a time...

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Anacomando wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm
34 days until kickoff. I can still remember Ryan Johnson just dominating teams. While many people look to Lulay, McGee, or Ioane as program icons I would Ryan Johnson right up there with anyone! Great player and a great person too! Can't wait for this Cat team. I'm excited, but the schedule is very difficult. One game at a time...
Totally agree and as the old slogan used to go “slap em with our Johnson”. Goddamn I loved those shirts....instant classics.

If your left, you aren’t right.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:06 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 pm
Anacomando wrote:
Totally agree and as the old slogan used to go “slap em with our Johnson”. Goddamn I loved those shirts....instant classics.
He would be my all time #1 RB for the Cats and it's not even close. We've had great ones, but Johnson was in a league of his own!!! =D^

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:13 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:06 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Anacomando wrote:
He would be my all time #1 RB for the Cats and it's not even close. We've had great ones, but Johnson was in a league of his own!!! =D^
We could (and probably should given the time of year) discuss the merits of great running backs who have played for MSU. Johnson was a good back and may be on my top five Cat running back list just behind Wayne Edwards. My top three are Don Haas, Paul Shaffer and Steve Kracher. Haas and Kracher were All-Americans and Haas' number is retired.

It would be interesting to talk to the position coaches which one they'd take of the recent players, Kirk or Johnson.

Think of the backs Sonny Holland had and the wing-t he ran in the 70s. The conference was definitely better back then too.

Edit* Tony Boddie is a name not mentioned much anymore and he played professionally.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:07 pm

One month away.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:45 am

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 am

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:13 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:06 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Anacomando wrote:
We could (and probably should given the time of year) discuss the merits of great running backs who have played for MSU. Johnson was a good back and may be on my top five Cat running back list just behind Wayne Edwards. My top three are Don Haas, Paul Shaffer and Steve Kracher. Haas and Kracher were All-Americans and Haas' number is retired.

It would be interesting to talk to the position coaches which one they'd take of the recent players, Kirk or Johnson.

Think of the backs Sonny Holland had and the wing-t he ran in the 70s. The conference was definitely better back then too.

Edit* Tony Boddie is a name not mentioned much anymore and he played professionally.
Don't know how to highlight a specific post on my tablet but the Tony Boddie comment is spot on... He was a joy to watch.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:33 am

I had a health screening today in the office and the lady that was my nurse was from Bozeman. She asked me where I was from and I told her, then I told her that I'm up in Bozeman a lot for the football games. She then told me she only lives 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. She went on to tell me she is a illuminist, and that she is tired of the stadium infringing on her peace and quiet and her spiritual peace. I proceeded to say "oh your one of the noise complaining people from Bozeman" before she took my blood which probably wasn't smart, but she said she hasn't complained yet but is planning on complaining to the school about the PA system and the fireworks. The fireworks upset her dogs and her illuminist spirituality is being affected with loud noises from the stadium.

Seriously I can't make this ****** up, man some people are just bat ****** crazy. As I left I said you should get to a game and experience a game day, it may change your opinion.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:33 am
I had a health screening today in the office and the lady that was my nurse was from Bozeman. She asked me where I was from and I told her, then I told her that I'm up in Bozeman a lot for the football games. She then told me she only lives 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. She went on to tell me she is a illuminist, and that she is tired of the stadium infringing on her peace and quiet and her spiritual peace. I proceeded to say "oh your one of the noise complaining people from Bozeman" before she took my blood which probably wasn't smart, but she said she hasn't complained yet but is planning on complaining to the school about the PA system and the fireworks. The fireworks upset her dogs and her illuminist spirituality is being affected with loud noises from the stadium.

Seriously I can't make this ****** up, man some people are just bat ****** crazy. As I left I said you should get to a game and experience a game day, it may change your opinion.
Next time just let her know that any moron can be spiritual on a mountain top, but the real guru is the one that can meet calamity with serenity.

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:31 am

Rich K wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:05 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Next time just let her know that any moron can be spiritual on a mountain top, but the real guru is the one that can meet calamity with serenity.
Did you ask what stupid Gene she inheirited to live next to a football stadium and expect serenity? Maybe after blood was drawn.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:

Isn't it great how in the spiritual realm, all events challenge one for further growth?

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 pm

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 pm
Those good old " give me a B, give me an O,-----------, days in section B are some darn good memories. I just wish I could (would) have ingested less adult beverages for remembering more. Yep, some pretty darn good times.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Make sure to read the write up on this one! Good stuff!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:17 pm

4 weeks + 5 3/4 hours until kickoff.