Bobcat Insider Podcast - Dan Davies

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Bobcat Insider Podcast - Dan Davies

Post by Rich K » Sun May 20, 2018 7:10 am

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobcat Insider Podcast - Dan Davies

Post by Cat_gld » Sun May 20, 2018 12:44 pm

Nostalgic, to say the least! A family name from Chinook rings familiar--Harbolt. The family produced an athlete that played basketball for Chinook about the time their new gym was built in the mid 1960s. Bill was his name I think. They kicked ass when they played Havre during those years.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Cat_gld wrote:Nostalgic, to say the least! A family name from Chinook rings familiar--Harbolt. The family produced an athlete that played basketball for Chinook about the time their new gym was built in the mid 1960s. Bill was his name I think. They kicked ass when they played Havre during those years.
Go Beeters! ha

It was the same Sonny Lubick who told me I'd never play LB for the Cats! :D Good man, horrible football advice! ha :lol:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun May 20, 2018 1:37 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Cat_gld wrote:Nostalgic, to say the least! A family name from Chinook rings familiar--Harbolt. The family produced an athlete that played basketball for Chinook about the time their new gym was built in the mid 1960s. Bill was his name I think. They kicked ass when they played Havre during those years.
Go Beeters! ha

It was the same Sonny Lubick who told me I'd never play LB for the Cats! :D Good man, horrible football advice! ha :lol:
So, just curious??? How many on this site/blog played for the CATS?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:58 pm

I tried during the 1978 season but didn’t have the history in Mt to garner interest. I lifted with some of the Cats in the winter condition period but did not register with the Cats my interest then. I met Lubick in the Spring to talk about walking on.

The rest is history! :) thanks Coach you did us both a favor!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:00 pm

I did however turn that into a bouncer job at The George, so I got that on my resume!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun May 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Was Bill really that good?
I know him well...

Cat_gld

Post by Cat_gld » Sun May 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
I know him well...
Can't really remember much about his ball skills, so I won't take the bait. However, I'll credit him as an athlete because that team did have talent and I don't think making that team was a given. I do remember Bill a little better from a Boy Scout trek through the Bob Marshal Wilderness and the Middle Fork of the Flathead that I went on in 1962. A couple of his future bball team mates were also on the trip: Joe Inman and Jack (damned if I can remember the last name but I can still describe him). He was somewhere around 6'3" and I believe was their center. And, would you believe these guys are all older than Dan Davies.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun May 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
I know him well...
Can't really remember much about his ball skills, so I won't take the bait. However, I'll credit him as an athlete because that team did have talent and I don't think making that team was a given. I do remember Bill a little better from a Boy Scout trek through the Bob Marshal Wilderness and the Middle Fork of the Flathead that I went on in 1962. A couple of his future bball team mates were also on the trip: Joe Inman and Jack (damned if I can remember the last name but I can still describe him). He was somewhere around 6'3" and I believe was their center. And, would you believe these guys are all older than Dan Davies.
Cool to hear. Sorry, wasn’t trying to bait you for a particular story. I’ve just heard stories from back then about b-ball. Just didn’t know how much of it was true and how much was.... exaggerated :)

You originally from the Havre area I’m assuming?

Cat_gld

Post by Cat_gld » Sun May 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Cat_gld wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:
I know him well...
Cool to hear. Sorry, wasn’t trying to bait you for a particular story. I’ve just heard stories from back then about b-ball. Just didn’t know how much of it was true and how much was.... exaggerated :)

You originally from the Havre area I’m assuming?
Yes I am.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun May 20, 2018 6:43 pm

catsrback76 wrote:I did however turn that into a bouncer job at The George, so I got that on my resume!
Whoops, I will bet we met before, if you get my drift. My apologies to you beforehand :lol: :lol: :lol:

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun May 20, 2018 6:52 pm

RickRund wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:I did however turn that into a bouncer job at The George, so I got that on my resume!
Whoops, I will bet we met before, if you get my drift. My apologies to you beforehand :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's probably the main reason the George shut down! Dime Time wasn't enough for him so he just drank out of the pitchers...

St George

Post by St George » Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 pm

I thought I knew every one that worked at the george between 1974 and 1978. I shortened it to st george on here instead of st george and the dragon.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun May 20, 2018 8:40 pm

St George wrote:I thought I knew every one that worked at the george between 1974 and 1978. I shortened it to st george on here instead of st george and the dragon.
Spell it out! Woosey...and you now owe me a dime...

St George

Post by St George » Mon May 21, 2018 7:59 am

Cat Grad wrote:
St George wrote:I thought I knew every one that worked at the george between 1974 and 1978. I shortened it to st george on here instead of st george and the dragon.
Jay Strahm was manager during my stint for one. Chris Oman was also a good friend. to name a couple.

Bobcatsinmso

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 am

Bump over spam, the board really got hit hard this time...... ](*,)

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

St George

Post by St George » Tue May 22, 2018 11:18 am

St George wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Jay Strahm was manager during my stint for one. Chris Oman was also a good friend. to name a couple.
Even Jay Warwick (one of the best athletes to attend MSU) even took a turn at bouncer for a day or two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Warwick

https://upclosed.com/people/jay-warwick/

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:06 pm

St George wrote:
St George wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
Even Jay Warwick (one of the best athletes to attend MSU) even took a turn at bouncer for a day or two.

Jay was a friend of mine and an excellent fighter! He and I did not bounce together. My career was for about 3 months in 78 and the only problems I had outside of the typical cowboy wanting to sneak his beer outside in a glass, was some very drunk girl going off on her ex boyfriend. That took the bartender ( ex Cat tackle as I recall...forgot his name) and I hog tied her and carried her out! :) Where were you? :lol:

St George

Post by St George » Tue May 22, 2018 1:14 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
St George wrote:
St George wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Jay was a friend of mine and an excellent fighter! He and I did not bounce together. My career was for about 3 months in 78 and the only problems I had outside of the typical cowboy wanting to sneak his beer outside in a glass, was some very drunk girl going off on her ex boyfriend. That took the bartender ( ex Cat tackle as I recall...forgot his name) and I hog tied her and carried her out! :) Where were you? :lol:
I was in there somewhere stuck to the orange shag carpet. I forget how long the Mine operated in the basement. I have way too many stories to tell than I have time to write. My least favorite was getting people to leave at 2 in the morning. We would go down to the Oaks bar and buy some whiskey that we kept behind the bar to mix in our cola's. Those were hopping days at the George.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue May 22, 2018 6:41 pm

Dan Davies does a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk