Colter mocks Chris Murray on radio in Missoula

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Re: Colter mocks Chris Murray on radio in Missoula

Post by SACCAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Just wish there was a local sports radio show here in Bozeman that people could listen to...Maybe some day....Maybe :wink:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:56 pm

SACCAT wrote:Just wish there was a local sports radio show here in Bozeman that people could listen to...Maybe some day....Maybe :wink:
Yup, I like the ESPN Missoula show. They talk about Griz sports way more than anything we have about the Bobcats, or in Bozeman.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:07 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
HawaiiFiveO wrote:I too consider myself a fan and a loyal supporter....It true Colter has been riding both sides of the fence...I do not find him
honest or even a fair reporter to our Bobcat Nation...I support hiring a reporter that hails from Bozeman, perhaps a lad that has played football or hell any sport for that matter...Humor or not Colter's job
is to report not to be a comedian at the cost of our brand...Let's recall how he got this gig, he was a down and out fired reporter...

You support hiring a reporter from Bozeman. Do you realize that the Nuanez brothers own Sklyine Sports? I guess you can always start your own sports page and hire a reporter yourself. Trolling really isn’t your forte, try something else.
OOO, but I just joking...NOT....Brothers own Skyline Sports, a business license and a computer working out of an apartment...I'm not impressed...Buddy I'm no troll...But if it makes you feel better calling anyone that has an opinion different from yours a troll so be it....I will continue to speak my mind...Just so that you know never been to Missoula....In the event your next flogging will be that I'm a griz fan....
You just couldn't be more wrong about Skyline, Colter, or Brooks, but to each their own. If you want to miss out on the best Bobcat coverage in the state then be my guest.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:27 pm

CelticCat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:Just wish there was a local sports radio show here in Bozeman that people could listen to...Maybe some day....Maybe :wink:
Yup, I like the ESPN Missoula show. They talk about Griz sports way more than anything we have about the Bobcats, or in Bozeman.
We are in the process of taking the show statewide, which will in turn mean a ton more Bobcat talk. Stay tuned, more coming soon...

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
We are in the process of taking the show statewide, which will in turn mean a ton more Bobcat talk. Stay tuned, more coming soon...
So...You are stealing my show?

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
I don't think a lot of people know how little a person is paid in radio and TV in Montana. When I first started in radio at KUUB, I was paid 800 a month. My summer internship at KTVM was for free. You just keep, keeping on Colter. Thanks for all the hard work.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
I don't think a lot of people know how little a person is paid in radio and TV in Montana. When I first started in radio at KUUB, I was paid 800 a month. My summer internship at KTVM was for free. You just keep, keeping on Colter. Thanks for all the hard work.
Yep. When I was the Sports guy at KPRK in Livingston I made $600 a month, plus $20 a football game...

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:55 pm

SACCAT wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Yep. When I was the Sports guy at KPRK in Livingston I made $600 a month, plus $20 a football game...
Yeah we got $25 for football and basketball games. I split that with my color guy. No one is getting rich in Montana doing sports.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 pm

SACCAT wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Wow SaCCat... When were you at KPRK... Were you there with Terry Kinne?? Probably after I left Livingston, 1982, I am sure...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:53 pm

RickRund wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
Wow SaCCat... When were you at KPRK... Were you there with Terry Kinne?? Probably after I left Livingston, 1982, I am sure...
I was 6 in 1982...So yes, after that. Was there in 1998

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:15 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
So...You are stealing my show?
Yes! Let get rid of Dan Patrick in the afternoon on 1230. Hells yeah! I would love a sports talk radio in. Bozeman of local stuff. Heck I'd do it and host it for free...almost. talk about football, wb, mb, tennis, golf skiing, cheerleaders, track and field, cheerleaders, high school sports, cheerleaders from um.....important sports related stuff. I mean if Dan Patrick talks so much about models and sounds like a creepy old man, why can't I replace him and do the same on a local level.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 pm

SACCAT wrote:
RickRund wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
I was 6 in 1982...So yes, after that. Was there in 1998
I kind of thought you were a youngin'...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
F that. People should just move to Missoula. We got the women and 102.9 - easy sell.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:16 am

griz5700 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
F that. People should just move to Missoula. We got the women and 102.9 - easy sell.
The only reason I'd move to Missoula is unlimited access to Cold Smoke. I guess my parents living there would be a bonus... but mainly the Cold Smoke.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:25 am

So what I heard was that the griz QB situation can all be chalked up to Hauck being a genius who simply tried to push his all American Qb to be the best he can be. He didn’t look good in spring ball and the other guy looked amazing and I’ll take a shot at the Cats for good measure. Colter sounds like every maroon loving moron at every bar across the state. Why pay to hear the opinions of a griz homer when you can drive down to the local bar and hear that crap for free?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 am

CelticCat wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
The only reason I'd move to Missoula is unlimited access to Cold Smoke. I guess my parents living there would be a bonus... but mainly the Cold Smoke.
O'Leary definitely nailed it with Cold Smoke. I think I prefer it to Copper John's out of Belgrade now. Did the Madison River Brewery get a new brewmeister?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:47 am

utucats wrote:So what I heard was that the griz QB situation can all be chalked up to Hauck being a genius who simply tried to push his all American Qb to be the best he can be. He didn’t look good in spring ball and the other guy looked amazing and I’ll take a shot at the Cats for good measure. Colter sounds like every maroon loving moron at every bar across the state. Why pay to hear the opinions of a griz homer when you can drive down to the local bar and hear that crap for free?
Well, this was on a free radio show/podcast, number one.

I get what you're saying, but Colter is a professional, believe it or not, and he does a pretty damn good job of keeping his bias out of his stories and articles. He was on a pro-Griz radio show. If his paid content on Skyline had the same kind of jabs, rhetoric, etc, then I'd agree. But it doesn't.

To tell you how good he is at being objective, go over to eGriz, they think he is too negative on the Griz. Both sides think he is biased, which means he is doing a good job.

I can't believe some of you are taking this so seriously. This is the kind of thing that is just fodder for the little brother insults from the other school.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:22 pm

I don’t think Colter thinks Sneed is all that good. Better than Jensen? Yes.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:45 pm

CelticCat wrote:
I can't believe some of you are taking this so seriously. This is the kind of thing that is just fodder for the little brother insults from the other school.
I find it funny that after a large portion of this board has been trying to give the starting QB job to anyone but Murray for the last two years, that we're now getting up in arms about an admittedly poorly conceived attempt at humor that touches on the exact same criticism of Murray that has been going around here ever since he stepped on the field.

I agree completely that the single thing that shows Colter is doing a fantastic job of providing neutral coverage is that some the most ardent Pro-Cat/Anti-Griz and Pro-Griz/Anti-Cat folks from both groups love to complain about him.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm

MSU01 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
I find it funny that after a large portion of this board has been trying to give the starting QB job to anyone but Murray for the last two years, that we're now getting up in arms about an admittedly poorly conceived attempt at humor that touches on the exact same criticism of Murray that has been going around here ever since he stepped on the field.

I agree completely that the single thing that shows Colter is doing a fantastic job of providing neutral coverage is that some the most ardent Pro-Cat/Anti-Griz and Pro-Griz/Anti-Cat folks from both groups love to complain about him.
Truth :suds:

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play