Colter mocks Chris Murray on radio in Missoula

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Colter mocks Chris Murray on radio in Missoula

Post by griz5700 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Colter’s been critical of the Griz and I think its awesome. I appreciate that. I wish he was more critical of UM athletics actually.

He takes his job seriously and will be successful with his ventures. His new radio show in Missoula is great.

He’s pursuing his dreams and doing it his way. I respect the ****** outta that.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Colter’s got a great radio voice and tv presence. He really drives the radio show he’s on. His sidekick (Tootel) is a good set up man for Colter’s knowledgeable insights. I can see Colter getting picked up by a Root, Altitude, Westwood One type of tv or radio network. He’s too good for this small of a market.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 pm

True or not, Colter has worn out his welcome...If we can't fire him, shut him out..I have always found him to be sloppy, and mediocre reporter..I'm being kind....but his humor is as dry as his podcast...Bye Felicia...

95bcfb
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 95bcfb » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:49 pm

I like Colter. I have found him to be honest, knowledgeable, and fairly objective. This comment was a low blow and I think he knew it the moment he said it judging from is follow-up comment. May-be he would or would not take it back. I don't know but judging from other comments he has said regarding Murray I think he holds a great deal of respect for Murray and did not mean to disrespect him personally. Because of this I will give him a pass. I am glad I don't have a microphone in my face because I would definitely say a lot that I would regret. I think that people make this type of stuff way to personal.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 pm

I get the sensitivity to protecting our QB1 here, but seriously, he said it tongue and cheek and he is not far from being wrong on Chris in game situations. As I recall, and my memory is not what it used to be, there is really only 1 game where he made "the throws" and that was SDSU. All our hopes rose on that game believing that he had finally turned the corner...alas, it proved to be an aberration and not a trend.

Is he better? Yes,
Is he a consistent and good passer? No

Please save the critique to the facts on the ground. We have a stellar athlete at QB who can win 5 games/year...so far. We need him to make plays with his arm before we can rise to our full potential as an offence. Even Coach Choate has said as much.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:59 am

bump

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:31 am

You can't ride both sides of the fence like he is doing and not step in a pile of poop once in a while. I know his "new" job is to get griz fans to advertise with the station, but it seems awkward. I think Coach will have a little chat with him.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 am

Good grief, nothing to get your feathers ruffled over. It was a little jab.

This board can get way too sensitive when there is a perceived slight against the Cats, in any way shape or form, from anyone.

Also it's laughable to say Colter doesn't know very much about football. I listen to as many podcasts as I can about the Cats, the Big Sky, and sometimes even the Griz, and Colter far and away has the best insight.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:52 am

This is now the 3rd thread hippies started about Colter.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:53 am

As always, thanks for the compliments and the criticisms.

In regard to the line I said about Chris Murray, it was a poor attempt at humor. This I know about the 8 times I watched Chris Murray during spring ball: he hasn’t just incrementally improved, he’s significantly improved. He’s stronger, more consistent and seems more focused. He has struggled throwing the ball the past two seasons but I think the addition of Bob Cole and his mission to get Murray as many easy throws as he can early to get him in a rhythm could make a big difference.

Talk radio is hard when you’re not just the analyst but the co-host. In print, you always can edit and proof read. As the analyst, you’re just the “expert” answering questions. As a host, I find myself making ill-fated jokes of saying dumb stuff off the cuff all the time. This was one of those times and I apologize for anyone who took it seriously or to Chris, who has always been polite and gracious in our interviews and continues to work hard to fulfil his potential. Thanks for listening and reading!

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:16 am

Colter_Nuanez wrote:As always, thanks for the compliments and the criticisms.

In regard to the line I said about Chris Murray, it was a poor attempt at humor. This I know about the 8 times I watched Chris Murray during spring ball: he hasn’t just incrementally improved, he’s significantly improved. He’s stronger, more consistent and seems more focused. He has struggled throwing the ball the past two seasons but I think the addition of Bob Cole and his mission to get Murray as many easy throws as he can early to get him in a rhythm could make a big difference.

Talk radio is hard when you’re not just the analyst but the co-host. In print, you always can edit and proof read. As the analyst, you’re just the “expert” answering questions. As a host, I find myself making ill-fated jokes of saying dumb stuff off the cuff all the time. This was one of those times and I apologize for anyone who took it seriously or to Chris, who has always been polite and gracious in our interviews and continues to work hard to fulfil his potential. Thanks for listening and reading!
I'd like to think MOST Bobcat fans would understand it as the joke it was. You've been 1 of the more complimentary posters on this board, in regards to Murray and is unique abilities. Thanks for all the great coverage you provide. But I'd stick to sports, instead of stand up comedy! :lol:

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 am

I took it as a joke, which fell flat. I have always been a proponent of using pitchforks on Colter, All of the Pandora adds are a direct result of not using them. Oh I also heard from reliable sources that Bobby was supplementing his income as an Asian massage therapist, but I do not see that being reported by Colter.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:02 pm

I too consider myself a fan and a loyal supporter....It true Colter has been riding both sides of the fence...I do not find him
honest or even a fair reporter to our Bobcat Nation...I support hiring a reporter that hails from Bozeman, perhaps a lad that has played football or hell any sport for that matter...Humor or not Colter's job
is to report not to be a comedian at the cost of our brand...Let's recall how he got this gig, he was a down and out fired reporter...

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:I too consider myself a fan and a loyal supporter....It true Colter has been riding both sides of the fence...I do not find him
honest or even a fair reporter to our Bobcat Nation...I support hiring a reporter that hails from Bozeman, perhaps a lad that has played football or hell any sport for that matter...Humor or not Colter's job
is to report not to be a comedian at the cost of our brand...Let's recall how he got this gig, he was a down and out fired reporter...

You support hiring a reporter from Bozeman. Do you realize that the Nuanez brothers own Sklyine Sports? I guess you can always start your own sports page and hire a reporter yourself. Trolling really isn’t your forte, try something else.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:I too consider myself a fan and a loyal supporter....It true Colter has been riding both sides of the fence...I do not find him

Relax. Colter is not an employee of either university in any way shape or form. You’re talking like he was hired by MSU to do a job and now he’s stabbing them in the back.
He’s an independent reporter who happens to concentrate on Big Sky sports, specifically Cat and Griz football.

Most fans are very happy to have that and to have this extra content to read.

Sorry if you don’t see it that way.

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanks as always for the coverage Colter.

As far as your comment above about Murray significantly improving, how would you compare the jump he made between year 1 and 2 and the jump you’re seeing between year 2 and 3?

It’s probably too early ask that question since there is a whole summer yet to go before the season starts, but just curious to hear your opinion on that comparison.

I think if the jump is even equal, he’ll be a solid passer next year. He was downright bad as a passer in his first year and last year was noticeably better, albeit still not great. The team doesn’t need him to be throwing for 3,500 yds at a 70% clip, just a solid, reliable passer that defenses have to respect and account for.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:56 pm

catsrback76 wrote:I get the sensitivity to protecting our QB1 here, but seriously, he said it tongue and cheek and he is not far from being wrong on Chris in game situations. As I recall, and my memory is not what it used to be, there is really only 1 game where he made "the throws" and that was SDSU. All our hopes rose on that game believing that he had finally turned the corner...alas, it proved to be an aberration and not a trend.

Is he better? Yes,
Is he a consistent and good passer? No

Please save the critique to the facts on the ground. We have a stellar athlete at QB who can win 5 games/year...so far. We need him to make plays with his arm before we can rise to our full potential as an offence. Even Coach Choate has said as much.
I call shenanigans on the bolded part. He looked amazing against UND and made some great throws against EWU and NAU. That last drive against NAU was all him making throws. Just didn't get it done on the 2 point conversion. He has a beautiful ball, he just needs to be more assertive and confident, so that part of your post I 100% agree with.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

HawaiiFiveO
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HawaiiFiveO » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

AFCAT wrote:

You support hiring a reporter from Bozeman. Do you realize that the Nuanez brothers own Sklyine Sports? I guess you can always start your own sports page and hire a reporter yourself. Trolling really isn’t your forte, try something else.
OOO, but I just joking...NOT....Brothers own Skyline Sports, a business license and a computer working out of an apartment...I'm not impressed...Buddy I'm no troll...But if it makes you feel better calling anyone that has an opinion different from yours a troll so be it....I will continue to speak my mind...Just so that you know never been to Missoula....In the event your next flogging will be that I'm a griz fan....

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:52 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

OOO, but I just joking...NOT....Brothers own Skyline Sports, a business license and a computer working out of an apartment...I'm not impressed...Buddy I'm no troll...But if it makes you feel better calling anyone that has an opinion different from yours a troll so be it....I will continue to speak my mind...Just so that you know never been to Missoula....In the event your next flogging will be that I'm a griz fan....
I think you should grab a ride to the hospital. I’m concerned you’ve had a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 pm

HawaiiFiveO wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

You do realize that we don't have a journalism school in Bozeman. And that the local paper scrapped the last 2 sports reporters they had. If you don't like what he writes you could just wait till the New York Times covers it.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic