Jensen out at UM

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jensen out at UM

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm guessing his release would have stipulations similar to Vander. No Big Sky teams, opponents on the '18 schedule, and even some future opponents including FBS teams.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Hawks86 wrote:I'm guessing his release would have stipulations similar to Vander. No Big Sky teams, opponents on the '18 schedule, and even some future opponents including FBS teams.
Should only be one.
BSC stipulation that they can't play in BSC for 1 year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:09 am

Hawks86 wrote:I'm guessing his release would have stipulations similar to Vander. No Big Sky teams, opponents on the '18 schedule, and even some future opponents including FBS teams.
What about Robby Hauck? How is that working?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:32 am

That’s a good question.

You gotta wonder what’s running through the mind of the remaining Stitt players. “As the Stomach Turns”

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:39 am

Montanabob wrote:
Should only be one.
BSC stipulation that they can't play in BSC for 1 year.
I think stipulating where a kid can and can't play collegiate football should be banned. As I understand, scholarships are a yearly contract. I found an article that states an athletic scholarship is a yearly contract that expires are the end of the school year. A coach has to inform a player by July 1st if that contract is renewed.

Regardless even if you are in your "contract", how can someone, or some organization have such influence on where a 19 year old kid can attend college and receive a scholarship? Let's say you start your career at Ohio State, spend 2 years there on a scholarship and then decide to transfer to Michigan, which has one of the top business programs in the country. Are you saying he has to make the choice between attending a college which will set him up for future success outside of football, or playing football somewhere else?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ameriCATS
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ameriCATS » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 am

How good is "said" player?

Red White, Blue and Gold. Freedom and Football favor the bold

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:55 am

It was interesting to hear Colter's take on ESPN Missoula about the competition, and Sneed.

His basically made the argument that Sneed's experience, and victories in the MWC as a freshman are better than what Jensen did as a freshman. What Colter didn't mention is that Sneed was thrust into playing time because of injuries, and was eventually benched for poor performance. In his last full game as a starter against CSU, he was 7-23 with 2 TDs and an INT, with 96 yards rushing. He started at SJSU next week, started 2 for 9 and -5 rushing yards and was benched and never played again. His coach mentioned he might switch him to WR, which may have prompted his transfer. A freshman ended up winning the starting job for UNLV last year.

At Fort Scott, he was 136-213, for 1257 yards, 7 TDs and 11 INTs in 9 games. You might be thinking well he is a running QB. He did run for 295 yards, but that's only 32.8 yards per game, 1 TD and fumbled the ball away 3 times.

I think there is a reason Sneed only had a handful of offers coming out of JC. And as far as I can tell, UNLV was his only offer coming out of high school. Coast Carolina, SEMO, and Portland State may have offered him out of the JUCO ranks, hard to find that info. He has put up mediocre stats in his young collegiate career, and as much as Colter says Jensen was only 4-3 as a started for the Griz, Sneed has a much worse winning % than that as a starter.

Hauck seems to see something in him, offering him while at UNLV, and then again when he took over at UM. But as an outsider looking in, Sneed doesn't really wow you in any way, except his speed on tape.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 pm

ameriCATS wrote:How good is "said" player?
How good is Jensen? Well he was their starting QB. He was an FCS freshman all American. And he finished 3rd in the Jerry Rice Award voting for best freshman player in all FCS.
So ya, he was good.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Pushed out or not I'll just say i'm not going to miss Jensen playing for the Griz. You would think in a Bobby Ball power system you would want a QB that can throw the long ball (play action) very well.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:43 pm

CelticCat: your stats on Sneed from JC are wrong. He was 123 for 226 for 1,257 yards, 7 TDS and 11 interceptions. The reason they have it 136 for 213 is they superimposed his attempts-completions for one game. He was actually only completing 54% of his passes, not 64%.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:44 pm

CelticCat wrote:It was interesting to hear Colter's take on ESPN Missoula about the competition, and Sneed.

His basically made the argument that Sneed's experience, and victories in the MWC as a freshman are better than what Jensen did as a freshman. What Colter didn't mention is that Sneed was thrust into playing time because of injuries, and was eventually benched for poor performance. In his last full game as a starter against CSU, he was 7-23 with 2 TDs and an INT, with 96 yards rushing. He started at SJSU next week, started 2 for 9 and -5 rushing yards and was benched and never played again. His coach mentioned he might switch him to WR, which may have prompted his transfer. A freshman ended up winning the starting job for UNLV last year.

At Fort Scott, he was 136-213, for 1257 yards, 7 TDs and 11 INTs in 9 games. You might be thinking well he is a running QB. He did run for 295 yards, but that's only 32.8 yards per game, 1 TD and fumbled the ball away 3 times.

I think there is a reason Sneed only had a handful of offers coming out of JC. And as far as I can tell, UNLV was his only offer coming out of high school. Coast Carolina, SEMO, and Portland State may have offered him out of the JUCO ranks, hard to find that info. He has put up mediocre stats in his young collegiate career, and as much as Colter says Jensen was only 4-3 as a started for the Griz, Sneed has a much worse winning % than that as a starter.

Hauck seems to see something in him, offering him while at UNLV, and then again when he took over at UM. But as an outsider looking in, Sneed doesn't really wow you in any way, except his speed on tape.
Ya, not sold on Sneed being all that. As someone else said, give me those UM receivers going up against a not-very-good UM secondary and even I would probably be able to hit some open receivers. :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:33 pm

At this rate you could put a list of all the FCS QB non-starters out on the internet and those douche tools over on egriz would undoubtedly find it, and then subsequently lose their minds debating if the kid would be a good fit for Missoula or not. =D^

Only on egriz, where narcissism is not only expected it's accepted, where the blind lead the blind, and where if you aint eating your own you aint eating.

If your left, you aren’t right.

griz5700
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by griz5700 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I think Sneed is the most athletic player on the Griz roster and would start at QB, WR, or RB. Seriously.
He's pretty damn good.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I think Sneed is the most athletic player on the Griz roster and would start at QB, WR, or RB. Seriously.
He's pretty damn good.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:27 pm

griz5700 wrote:I think Sneed is the most athletic player on the Griz roster and would start at QB, WR, or RB. Seriously.
He's pretty damn good.

If Sneed is so good, why did he drop down to a CC? Jensen was going to be a damn good QB for the Griz, Hauck really missed the boat there. I hope Jensen turns out another All-American year, just to prove a point.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:42 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
griz5700 wrote:I think Sneed is the most athletic player on the Griz roster and would start at QB, WR, or RB. Seriously.
He's pretty damn good.

If Sneed is so good, why did he drop down to a CC? Jensen was going to be a damn good QB for the Griz, Hauck really missed the boat there. I hope Jensen turns out another All-American year, just to prove a point.
Because Sanchez, who replaced Hauck, was going to play his new prized QB recruit no matter what.

ARMANI ROGERS
UNLV: One of the most highly coveted signees in school history is ready for his Rebel debut this fall as he was named the squad’s starting quarterback following spring practice ... Will compete for time at the position with returning seniors Johnny Stanton and Kurt Palandech … Rated as a four-star recruit by ESPN and a three-star recruit by Rivals, 247Sports and Scout ... Ranked as the nation’s No. 11 dual- threat quarterback according to ESPN and No. 15 by 247Sports ...

Sneed could have stayed and played WR, but wanted to play QB.

How did Hauck miss the boat? Jensen quit.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:44 pm

I’m not sure where we would be without 5700’s ability to judge talent on the football field. I am sure that we would be worse off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:47 pm

A clip of "the fumble" would be fitting.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Hawks86 wrote:A clip of "the fumble" would be fitting.
This fumble?
https://twitter.com/MSUBobcatsFB/status/932009164418662400

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BroncoCat

Post by BroncoCat » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:54 pm

griz5700 wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
He's pretty damn good.

Because Sanchez, who replaced Hauck, was going to play his new prized QB recruit no matter what.

ARMANI ROGERS
UNLV: One of the most highly coveted signees in school history is ready for his Rebel debut this fall as he was named the squad’s starting quarterback following spring practice ... Will compete for time at the position with returning seniors Johnny Stanton and Kurt Palandech … Rated as a four-star recruit by ESPN and a three-star recruit by Rivals, 247Sports and Scout ... Ranked as the nation’s No. 11 dual- threat quarterback according to ESPN and No. 15 by 247Sports ...

Sneed could have stayed and played WR, but wanted to play QB.

How did Hauck miss the boat? Jensen quit.
So, Sneed quit on his team, university and teammates when he was passed over by a new coaching staff.

hmm.....where does that sound familiar.