Jensen out at UM

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MT-CATFAN-IN-CA
New Recruit

Jensen out at UM

Post by MT-CATFAN-IN-CA » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Per Kaimin Sports, Jensen is transferring out from UM.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Jensen out at UM

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm

That's a shame. :-({|=

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Too bad for the kid! Not good for the dark pink team, which I am ok with!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Possibly could have been us if Jonsen came in and won the QB1 job this spring.

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:03 pm

spring creek cat wrote:Too bad for the kid! Not good for the dark pink team, which I am ok with!!

+1

I would expect more to follow!

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
spring creek cat wrote:Too bad for the kid! Not good for the dark pink team, which I am ok with!!

+1

I would expect more to follow!
Yeah…I could see if the presumed #1 QB on the roster, who is the returning starter and been with the team for 2+ years leaves, there may be several others that follow.

Doing a quick review of their roster, near as I can tell their QB depth is;

#1; Dalton Sneed R-JR, previous QB at UNLV recruited by Bobby but left UNLV a year after Bobby did. He most recently transferred from a JUCO in Kansas. Stats & reviews are a mixed bag. Certainly a dual threat QB, but his passing skills are not anything to brag about. Remind you of anybody?

#2; Tanner Wilson, R-FR a multi-sport athlete from Polson. Not too much info on him.

#3; Garrett Graves, true Freshman from Eureka. One hell of an athlete, but hasn’t participated in college football yet.

I'd expect them to sign a transfer QB to help with depth.

Comparing that to ours;

#1; Chris Murray JR; you know the story.

#2; Travis Jonsen, JR 4-star recruit out of California to Oregon who lost the starting job to Justin Herbert (brother of MSU WR Mitchell Herbert). He transferred to a JUCO after that and is now a Bobcat. Did not participate in Spring ball due to an injury.

#3; Tucker Rovig, R-FR that was #2 during Spring Ball. Had pretty impressive stats as a HS QB in the Boise area, but did not ‘wow’ during Spring camp.

#4; Casey Bauman, true Freshman from Washington. Hasn’t participated in college football yet.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 pm

It's pretty simple - Sneed is a much better player.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ
http://goo.gl/A6rsSA

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:40 pm

griz5700 wrote:It's pretty simple - Sneed is a much better player.
Do you really know that for sure at this point? Gresch was the 3rd best Freshman in the country according to the voting for Jerry Rice award. Sneed didn't exactly light it up at UNLV and has been at a Community College for a year? Time will tell.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Much better than a freshman all American QB??
I'll be shocked if that's true.

Buckaroo Bonzi

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Jensen had a better long ball and stronger Arm . Sneed is a bobby guy and better at scrambling, which
the grizz will need, when they meet the 2018 Bobcat Pass Rush.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:19 pm

:goodpost:

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:53 pm

catatac wrote:
Do you really know that for sure at this point? Gresch was the 3rd best Freshman in the country according to the voting for Jerry Rice award. Sneed didn't exactly light it up at UNLV and has been at a Community College for a year? Time will tell.
Positive. Sneed is a stud. Such a huge pick up.

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

griz5700 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Yep, Bruggman was supposed to be great too! Sneed may have done good in the Spring against his own team. It is different once you get in a real game. At least you had a known commodity in Gresch. You really don't have much on Sneed yet and if he goes down with an injury there is not much else there.

griz5700

Post by griz5700 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Yep, Bruggman was supposed to be great too! Sneed may have done good in the Spring against his own team. It is different once you get in a real game. At least you had a known commodity in Gresch. You really don't have much on Sneed yet and if he goes down with an injury there is not much else there.
Did you see the UM spring game?

PRIDE - TRADITION - GRIZ

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:51 pm

griz5700 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Apparently, a large portion of Egriz does not feel the same as you. Lots of people upset that a freshman all American is being run off the team.

Besides, why should anybody here listen to anything you spout. Aren’t you the jackass that bumped the spam threads for some unknown reason? Just being an ass then and now we are supposed to think are you are some kind of authority??? I don’t think so!

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:21 pm

bobcatbob wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
catatac wrote:
I agree with you completely. I'm hopeful that Sneed it will be a great QB, but that really is unknown. Whereas, Gresch was an absolute star in the making. I also think folks are putting way too much stock in one spring game. I like to look at cumulative results and his junior college numbers don't jump off the charts at me, whatsoever. It's a sad day for this fan today, I won't sugarcoat it.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm

griz5700 wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
catatac wrote:
Did you see the UM spring game?
:roll:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:24 pm

When you lose a freshman all-American QB............. there is no way around it, that's a huge loss.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Now, in most cases I'm totally NOT a conspiracy theorist so bear with me here...

What if Hauck was pissed that egriz had a 13+ page thread about Choate and he wanted to get people talking about his football team again? If I were Hauck, the first thing I'd do is get rid of my starting field general who's never beaten the Cats.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.