Dante Sparaco (Colorado Transfer DE/LB) Commits!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: 4/9/18 Boom

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 am

It's not official until the thread title says so. :coffee:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:38 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:TG likes tall, rangy LBs. I sort of wonder if Hill is going to come off the bench more than not, which would be a shame because he is a very good LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Josh Hill is MSU's starting middle linebacker and arguably one of the 5 best players on the roster right now. If Ty benched him, I would be angry as a fan.
I was thinking the same, Hill is a beast. TG is going to be in a great position next year, our 2 deep can be rotated without any drop off, fresh legs and bodies. I loved watching Konkle at LB last year, quick, hits HARD and plays with an attitude. Are better with BK at LB or safety. Him just being on the field we are a better team.
I think our top DE's will be Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley & Fa'anono along with Marks & possibly Collins. Could one of these players get moved to LB.....yes but that just makes the LB log jam even more complicated.

One LB position, most likely Sam will be Anderson. Unlike Vim, I don't think Hill has the Mike position locked (i.e. they moved Jobman there for a reason), but in any case that leaves only 1 LB position, Will, up in the air. It could be Konkol, Kanow, Chapman, Gilman.......the list goes on.

When you look at the safeties, not as deep but still pretty salty with; JoJo Henderson (listed as CB?), Dre Jackson, Shawn Borges, Brian Campbell, Will Martel, Keaton Anderson, Luke May and possibly Konkol. Is Jahque Alleyne the safety from Virginia Tech going to join the team this summer?

So where does Konkol end up......could be LB, could be Safety, could be a #2 with this roster......time will tell. GO CATS!
Josh Hill being one of the best players on the roster is said almost every time the coaching staff, specifically Gregorak and Choate, meet with alumni. Jobman was moved to MLB for a reason....because they want more depth at the middle if Josh gets nicked up during his junior season. So you're not actually disagreeing with me about Hill...you are disagreeing with the coaching staff.

And yes Allen is slated to join the team this summer IF the school work was completed his first semester at MSU. MSU is also close on a WR transfer.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:41 am

VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
CelticCat wrote:TG likes tall, rangy LBs. I sort of wonder if Hill is going to come off the bench more than not, which would be a shame because he is a very good LB.

Josh Hill is MSU's starting middle linebacker and arguably one of the 5 best players on the roster right now. If Ty benched him, I would be angry as a fan.
I was thinking the same, Hill is a beast. TG is going to be in a great position next year, our 2 deep can be rotated without any drop off, fresh legs and bodies. I loved watching Konkle at LB last year, quick, hits HARD and plays with an attitude. Are better with BK at LB or safety. Him just being on the field we are a better team.
I think our top DE's will be Sparaco, Sterk, Hadley & Fa'anono along with Marks & possibly Collins. Could one of these players get moved to LB.....yes but that just makes the LB log jam even more complicated.

One LB position, most likely Sam will be Anderson. Unlike Vim, I don't think Hill has the Mike position locked (i.e. they moved Jobman there for a reason), but in any case that leaves only 1 LB position, Will, up in the air. It could be Konkol, Kanow, Chapman, Gilman.......the list goes on.

When you look at the safeties, not as deep but still pretty salty with; JoJo Henderson (listed as CB?), Dre Jackson, Shawn Borges, Brian Campbell, Will Martel, Keaton Anderson, Luke May and possibly Konkol. Is Jahque Alleyne the safety from Virginia Tech going to join the team this summer?

So where does Konkol end up......could be LB, could be Safety, could be a #2 with this roster......time will tell. GO CATS!
Josh Hill being one of the best players on the roster is said almost every time the coaching staff, specifically Gregorak and Choate, meet with alumni. Jobman was moved to MLB for a reason....because they want more depth at the middle if Josh gets nicked up during his junior season. So you're not actually disagreeing with me about Hill...you are disagreeing with the coaching staff.

And yes Allen is slated to join the team this summer IF the school work was completed his first semester at MSU. MSU is also close on a WR transfer.
Heard through the grapevine (so take it with a grain of salt) that Hill just had some cleanup on his knee. He's been dressed and going through individual drills for most of spring, but was in street clothes at the scrimmage.

A WR transfer would be great!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:41 am

Hawks86 wrote:It's not official until the thread title says so. :coffee:
I would like to thank Hawks86 for keeping tabs on my message board posting etiquette.

Article 6(A)(i) states: "When a "boom" is posted, the poster must update the thread title when said "boom" is confirmed. If the poster does not update immediately, he/she is open for ridicule and snark from the message board group."

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:50 am

catsrback76 wrote:You guys have no Italian in you...

Spa Rock OHhhhhhh.

And you say it with 3 fingers pinched together emphasising each syllable! :D

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:01 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:It's not official until the thread title says so. :coffee:
I would like to thank Hawks86 for keeping tabs on my message board posting etiquette.

Article 6(A)(i) states: "When a "boom" is posted, the poster must update the thread title when said "boom" is confirmed. If the poster does not update immediately, he/she is open for ridicule and snark from the message board group."

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 am

VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

THAT'S GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE WR TRANSFER! I hope he's a big one. Thanks for letting us know. I hope Allen does what it takes to keep his school work on track and thus joins the roster.

As far as who's the starting Mike (Josh Hill 5'11" 215 lbs or Michael Jobman 6'4" 240 lbs) ......if Hill has it Locked up, I'd also say Anderson has the Sam position Locked up. Which only leaves the Will spot in question. Could it be Konkol.....Yep. Could it one of several others.....Yep. But if the Mike & Sam positions are 'filled' that only leaves one starting LB spot for a deep deep roster of LB's to fill. Whoever that is, there will likely be a very very small 'dropoff' to the #2 & #3 Will. If that is the case, and Konkol can play Safety (which I believe he can) I could see the logic in moving Konkol to Safety even if he is the #1 Will in order to get the best 11 players on the field. However, with our Safety roster, it's possible Konkol might not be a #1 Safety, not to mention he may not be the #1 Will.

It's a good problem to have.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:31 am

The MICKSTER wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

THAT'S GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE WR TRANSFER! I hope he's a big one. Thanks for letting us know. I hope Allen does what it takes to keep his school work on track and thus joins the roster.

As far as who's the starting Mike (Josh Hill 5'11" 215 lbs or Michael Jobman 6'4" 240 lbs) ......if Hill has it Locked up, I'd also say Anderson has the Sam position Locked up. Which only leaves the Will spot in question. Could it be Konkol.....Yep. Could it one of several others.....Yep. But if the Mike & Sam positions are 'filled' that only leaves one starting LB spot for a deep deep roster of LB's to fill. Whoever that is, there will likely be a very very small 'dropoff' to the #2 & #3 Will. If that is the case, and Konkol can play Safety (which I believe he can) I could see the logic in moving Konkol to Safety even if he is the #1 Will in order to get the best 11 players on the field. However, with our Safety roster, it's possible Konkol might not be a #1 Safety, not to mention he may not be the #1 Will.

Yes. At the end of the day, agreeing/disagreeing about who is going to start because of the depth of the roster is a great problem to have.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 am

VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
FTG247365 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Yes. At the end of the day, agreeing/disagreeing about who is going to start because of the depth of the roster is a great problem to have.
Rotations with out drop offs = fresh legs, less fatigue , less injuries . This defensive unit , on paper , has the potential
to be very scary. Not to mention the upgrade in special teams. Would love to school the griz on special teams at the end
of the season w/ bobby back over there.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 am

CelticCat wrote:

Spa Rock OHhhhhhh.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dante Sparaco (Colorado Transfer DE/LB) Commits!!

Post by Cledus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:56 am

How to speak Italian in Montana.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

We will have one of the biggest front 7s we've had in a while it seems. We have several guys with height and size, and those who don't have much weight have good height. Hill is the only guy who is undersized in both categories for his position - that's not a knock on him, rather a testament to the size of the rest of the group.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Gonna need to move this conversation to 2018 season thread. Either way there is one other "undersized" guy that will be on the front 7 and because of his size is why he's not at a bigger D1 school and that's James Williams. I have been promoting him since his initial commitment summer of 2017. Same size and weight to Matt Brownlow, but I think he is stronger and quicker than Matt was. Matt contributed a lot in his final season and was undervalued by nearly everyone and underestimated by other teams. Size is great and does help, but sometimes guys have "it" and can flat out play regardless.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Team10 wrote:Gonna need to move this conversation to 2018 season thread. Either way there is one other "undersized" guy that will be on the front 7 and because of his size is why he's not at a bigger D1 school and that's James Williams. I have been promoting him since his initial commitment summer of 2017. Same size and weight to Matt Brownlow, but I think he is stronger and quicker than Matt was. Matt contributed a lot in his final season and was undervalued by nearly everyone and underestimated by other teams. Size is great and does help, but sometimes guys have "it" and can flat out play regardless.
yup. I will be very surprised if James is not on the 2 deep this fall... Watching his hudl highlights, he looks like he will be ready to contribute immediately. Probably the best DL recruit I have seen sign with the Cats since Minter was here (IMO)...

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 pm

1. Thrilled with this commit. This kid is a tremendous student and rock solid football player. Interested how the first world problem is solved on who is playing where come Gold Rush time.

2. Thrilled we have a guy like Vim around to zero in all these conversations. Vim is the most underrated poster of all time. Colter is fantastic and I'm glad he's here, but Vim doesn't seem to be in the business. He's just here. Thanks Vim.

3. The granola bears have a defensive coach named Sacks. Damnit. Hate to see those a-holes have the drop on us in an area.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 pm

CelticCat wrote:

Spa Rock OHhhhhhh.

NAILED IT!!! =D^ =D^ =D^

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:1. Thrilled with this commit. This kid is a tremendous student and rock solid football player. Interested how the first world problem is solved on who is playing where come Gold Rush time.

2. Thrilled we have a guy like Vim around to zero in all these conversations. Vim is the most underrated poster of all time. Colter is fantastic and I'm glad he's here, but Vim doesn't seem to be in the business. He's just here. Thanks Vim.

3. The granola bears have a defensive coach named Sacks. Damnit. Hate to see those a-holes have the drop on us in an area.
How would you like to go through life being asked if they've dropped into your nut sack yet? Not a good name to have...

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Team10 wrote:Gonna need to move this conversation to 2018 season thread. Either way there is one other "undersized" guy that will be on the front 7 and because of his size is why he's not at a bigger D1 school and that's James Williams. I have been promoting him since his initial commitment summer of 2017. Same size and weight to Matt Brownlow, but I think he is stronger and quicker than Matt was. Matt contributed a lot in his final season and was undervalued by nearly everyone and underestimated by other teams. Size is great and does help, but sometimes guys have "it" and can flat out play regardless.
yup. I will be very surprised if James is not on the 2 deep this fall... Watching his hudl highlights, he looks like he will be ready to contribute immediately. Probably the best DL recruit I have seen sign with the Cats since Minter was here (IMO)...
Since Minter left, you do realize there is a Minter-curse out there on hyped-up defensive tackle recruits correct? How dare you put that evil on young Mr. Williams.

1984TwoMinutesHate
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984TwoMinutesHate » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Darth Yoda wrote: 3. The granola bears have a defensive coach named Sacks. Damnit. Hate to see those a-holes have the drop on us in an area.
Just more granola bear sizzle ... without any steak. Hack’s staff looks weak AF to be honest fam.

And we know that deep down Bobbi Hack is not looking forward at all to squaring off against Gregorak.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:23 am

VimSince03 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
Since Minter left, you do realize there is a Minter-curse out there on hyped-up defensive tackle recruits correct? How dare you put that evil on young Mr. Williams.

My bad.

As always, well played giphy.

FTG- GO CATS GO!