Pro days March 13th

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Pro days March 13th

Post by onceacat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 pm

imacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
technoCat wrote:Hmm, I would have bet dollars to donuts that LaSane was faster than McCabe.
I never thought Lasane was all that speedy. He got chased down like a fleeing gazelle on every big run he ever had.
Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second your "Really?" LaSane was the fastest guy (and maybe the hardest hitter) on the kick cover team for at least 2 seasons. By 3 or 4 steps.

Mlasane
New Recruit

Post by Mlasane » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 pm

To those in the forum with comments on Lasane's 40 testing at pro-day, he suffered a hamstring pull 1 week ago, that impacted his testing, he was on one leg and still put up numbers. He showed up and performed on one leg.
I'm only responding because he does run a 4.5 40. Think when he scored that he in the car grid game he wasn't out for a stroll. Hard to hit 4.50 with a hamstring pull.

Mlasane
New Recruit

Post by Mlasane » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

When he scored the TD in the cats griz game he wasn't out for a stroll. He's a 4.5 40 without question.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Mlasane wrote:When he scored the TD in the cats griz game he wasn't out for a stroll. He's a 4.5 40 without question.
:thumbup:

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mlasane wrote:When he scored the TD in the cats griz game he wasn't out for a stroll. He's a 4.5 40 without question.

What the hell is #1 for the fizz doing?

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm

vike_king wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Vim already addressed that one.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45630&start=40

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 am

Hell of a showing by McCabe, that may actually get him a few looks. Not sure his coverage skills are good enough, but if a team needs a special teams ace or a run stopping S, he might fit the bill.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 am

vike_king wrote:Image

He got caught up in the excitement of the Cats ass kicking. Hard to blame him. :wink:

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 pm

onceacat wrote:
imacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
technoCat wrote:Hmm, I would have bet dollars to donuts that LaSane was faster than McCabe.
I never thought Lasane was all that speedy. He got chased down like a fleeing gazelle on every big run he ever had.
Really?

I'll second your "Really?" LaSane was the fastest guy (and maybe the hardest hitter) on the kick cover team for at least 2 seasons. By 3 or 4 steps.
2016 Cat Griz when he killed some guys at the end of the huge run he got caught from behind. 2017 NAU game he got caught from behind at the 1. 2017 Cat Griz game he almost got caught from behind had he not veered left. There was another game this past season that he got caught and taken down at the 1 or 2 as well. I'm not saying he isn't fast, but he's not a burner.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:56 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
imacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Really?

2016 Cat Griz when he killed some guys at the end of the huge run he got caught from behind. 2017 NAU game he got caught from behind at the 1. 2017 Cat Griz game he almost got caught from behind had he not veered left. There was another game this past season that he got caught and taken down at the 1 or 2 as well. I'm not saying he isn't fast, but he's not a burner.
I's say there aren't many RBs in the country that are going to outrun a Corner.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 pm

catatac wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
imacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Really?

I's say there aren't many RBs in the country that are going to outrun a Corner.
Probably not many no. My point was I'm not surprised McCabe was faster. Hurt hamstring or not.

topey711
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by topey711 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:01 pm

40 times are a good indicator of quickness but not always a true indicator of speed. Some guys are really quick out of the hole and are already at their max speed by 25 yards. Others (think Troy Andersen) are still accelerating at 40. His 40 times may not be that much faster than some slower guys, but beyond 40 he pulls away. Best analogy I can think if is go back to the first Fast and Furious. Dom's Charger is built to get out if the hole. Brian's Supra is a top end car. They run the 1/4 mile about dead even. Difference is the Charger is hitting the Rev limiter as it crosses the line. The Supra is still accelerating hard with another gear to go.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Cledus wrote:
vike_king wrote:Image

He got caught up in the excitement of the Cats ass kicking. Hard to blame him. :wink:
Wow, is this how it feels to score in the big game???

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 pm

topey711 wrote:40 times are a good indicator of quickness but not always a true indicator of speed. Some guys are really quick out of the hole and are already at their max speed by 25 yards. Others (think Troy Andersen) are still accelerating at 40. His 40 times may not be that much faster than some slower guys, but beyond 40 he pulls away. Best analogy I can think if is go back to the first Fast and Furious. Dom's Charger is built to get out if the hole. Brian's Supra is a top end car. They run the 1/4 mile about dead even. Difference is the Charger is hitting the Rev limiter as it crosses the line. The Supra is still accelerating hard with another gear to go.

Sprinters do not continue to accelerate throughout a race. Sprinters reach their max speeds pretty quickly, usually in the first 30 meters. The fastest person in a race is the person that reaches and maintains their max speed longer than the others do. There very well may be a person that is faster in the first half of a race but fades towards the end because they cannot maintain that max speed. The other sprinter that wins the race,but lagged in the first half, isn't accelerating but maintaining their max speed longer than the other sprinters are.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm

AFCAT wrote:
topey711 wrote:40 times are a good indicator of quickness but not always a true indicator of speed. Some guys are really quick out of the hole and are already at their max speed by 25 yards. Others (think Troy Andersen) are still accelerating at 40. His 40 times may not be that much faster than some slower guys, but beyond 40 he pulls away. Best analogy I can think if is go back to the first Fast and Furious. Dom's Charger is built to get out if the hole. Brian's Supra is a top end car. They run the 1/4 mile about dead even. Difference is the Charger is hitting the Rev limiter as it crosses the line. The Supra is still accelerating hard with another gear to go.

Sprinters do not continue to accelerate throughout a race. Sprinters reach their max speeds pretty quickly, usually in the first 30 meters. The fastest person in a race is the person that reaches and maintains their max speed longer than the others do. There very well may be a person that is faster in the first half of a race but fades towards the end because they cannot maintain that max speed. The other sprinter that wins the race,but lagged in the first half, isn't accelerating but maintaining their max speed longer than the other sprinters are.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

topey711
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by topey711 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Didn't say sprinters continue to accelerate through the whole race. I stated that not all are at their top speed by 30 meters. Especially the taller ones. I watched Anderson at the state meet his Jr year. He wasn't necessarily in the lead early in the 100. You could see the others were topped out and he was still gaining speed. Then he pulled away. The perfect example of what I'm saying is Usain Bolt. Just watch him run. Guys always get out on him early, then his strides kick in and it's all over. Also it's proven that humans can only hold their absolute top speed for approximately 40 meters, so no one is holding their max longer than the others. It's a matter of who loses less of their max speed. So the guy that reaches his max speed faster begins to lose speed sooner. These are things I was taught by a coach with national/Olympic experience. Not that I was at that level......

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 pm

[quote="topey711"]Didn't say sprinters continue to accelerate through the whole race. I stated that not all are at their top speed by 30 meters. Especially the taller ones. I watched Anderson at the state meet his Jr year. He wasn't necessarily in the lead early in the 100. You could see the others were topped out and he was still gaining speed. Then he pulled away. The perfect example of what I'm saying is Usain Bolt. Just watch him run. Guys always get out on him early, then his strides kick in

Don't be two. Why argue with an idiot.