Alpha banned

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Alpha banned

Post by Rich K » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:24 am

I'm not sure what the point of the University was in going public with the information that Alpha doesn't have season tickets. Technically, I don't have season tickets for Bobcat games. I split costs with another person and the tickets are in his name. I would consider it personal information and would object to making that public.

Where is the list of season ticket holders for UM? I bet within that list are people that have restraining orders against each other. The University better get busy and start banning.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:44 am

The school isn't going to allow someone on campus after the kind of comments AG1 made. Say they do nothing, then AG1 shows up on campus and harasses, or worse, the student. That's a black eye on them, so it's a CYA move at a minimum.

As far as saying he has 'no business there' is probably just a figure of speech. You could say buying a ticket to a game and attending the game, or using the bookstore and library, is a business transaction. They could've worded that better by saying, "he has no on-going business here, so we're banning him from campus." Even if they did, they could still ban him just like they can ban/expel students.

I think it's in everyone's best interest that AG1 stay off school property at least temporarily.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Cataholic wrote: Don’t forget, he posted her name and address as well as the comment that “she should go down hard”.
There is nothing illegal about posting her name and address as she was already making herself a public figure. I agree in that the "go down hard" could be interpreted as a threat, and when given the chance he did what he's always done and double down on his bluster and chest-puffing.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:23 pm

TomCat88 wrote:The school isn't going to allow someone on campus after the kind of comments AG1 made. Say they do nothing, then AG1 shows up on campus and harasses, or worse, the student. That's a black eye on them, so it's a CYA move at a minimum.

As far as saying he has 'no business there' is probably just a figure of speech. You could say buying a ticket to a game and attending the game, or using the bookstore and library, is a business transaction. They could've worded that better by saying, "he has no on-going business here, so we're banning him from campus." Even if they did, they could still ban him just like they can ban/expel students.

I think it's in everyone's best interest that AG1 stay off school property at least temporarily.
This is how I feel. AG made himself at the very least seem like he was capable of carrying out a threat, and you just can't do that today, especially with the press this story got. Whether or not he is capable of something like that, I have my doubts, but his loud mouth finally landed him in trouble and I think he just needs to lay low and think about what kind of person he wants to be.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:49 pm

CelticCat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:The school isn't going to allow someone on campus after the kind of comments AG1 made. Say they do nothing, then AG1 shows up on campus and harasses, or worse, the student. That's a black eye on them, so it's a CYA move at a minimum.

This is how I feel. AG made himself at the very least seem like he was capable of carrying out a threat, and you just can't do that today, especially with the press this story got. Whether or not he is capable of something like that, I have my doubts, but his loud mouth finally landed him in trouble and I think he just needs to lay low and think about what kind of person he wants to be.
Absolutely agree with both of you.