Bobcat stadium concert

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat stadium concert

Post by Rich K » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 am

Hawks86 wrote:My first concert at the Brick in '82 was loverboy and quarterflash.

I was there too, but I had forgotten about it. I mean, quite literally forgot it. The next morning I had no memory of it.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:52 am

Rich K wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:My first concert at the Brick in '82 was loverboy and quarterflash.

I was there too, but I had forgotten about it. I mean, quite literally forgot it. The next morning I had no memory of it.
As they say, if you can remember it.....then you weren't really there.
\:D/ :suds:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:54 am

I was in 8th grade, went with my sister, and it was my first concert without a parent going with. I pounded a couple mountain dews beforehand though. :suds:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

77matcat
Member # Retired

Bobcat stadium concert

Post by 77matcat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
77matcat wrote:Three dog night opened for Stephen wolf. 70/71 ish. Don’t think you could see across the Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hey, did Stephen Wolf happen to play this????

Stephen Wolf was good but three dog night stole the show. Played every song from their first two albums which if I recall correctly weren’t put yet. Great vocals and drummer was amazing. Stephen Wolf actually had to kick them off the stage so they could start their show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Rich K wrote:

I remember all the girls coming back to high school the next monday wearing Loverboy t-shirts. Yeah, you're on it now sweetheart.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 pm

So how was the concert?

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Great. My wife bought tickets and I've got to admit I didn't know a whole lot about them - liked the songs I'd heard but I don't pay too much attention to current music. Really glad we went. I'd heard more of their music than I realized and they put on a really good concert. A bunch of fireworks for the grand finale.

And how can you beat spending a nice summer evening at Bobcat stadium.
Last edited by catbooster on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:59 pm

John K wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 pm
So how was the concert?
I was impressed, they put on a great show. Honestly wasn't sure what to expect. Lots of energy, great sound, not a bad seat and it was a perfect night. Awesome venue for a concert hopefully the hob nobers on the south side don't complain too much. I'm sure 1 person will call MSU and it will all be shut down...welcome to Bozo!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:59 pm
John K wrote:
So how was the concert?
I was impressed, they put on a great show. Honestly wasn't sure what to expect. Lots of energy, great sound, not a bad seat and it was a perfect night. Awesome venue for a concert hopefully the hob nobers on the south side don't complain too much. I'm sure 1 person will call MSU and it will all be shut down...welcome to Bozo!
Yeah no doubt, it probably was ruining their realm sleep or however you say it!

If your left, you aren’t right.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:25 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
John K wrote:
So how was the concert?
I live a couple blocks south of Kagy and Tracy. I didn't hear a damn thing. When Ash was coach, I could hear practice music and loved it. If you want to hear crickets, move to Wilsall.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catbooster

Post by catbooster » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:25 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
John K wrote:
So how was the concert?
I live a couple blocks south of Kagy and Tracy. I didn't hear a damn thing. When Ash was coach, I could hear practice music and loved it. If you want to hear crickets, move to Wilsall.
I live near Morning Star Elementary school - south of the stadium. I enjoy telling people the stadium was here before they moved here. If they don't like the noise they shouldn't have bought in this neighborhood. It's a few days a year. They like all the advantages of having the university but don't want any of the things they see as annoyances [-X

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:56 pm

Great concert. Will post a picture of the venue if I can figure it out. One observation though was the multiple beer vendors in the stadium. Long lines for the beer lines as well. I don’t understand why they don’t allow beer sales at football.

catbooster

Post by catbooster » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:04 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:27 am
Does anyone know how much MSU will make off this event? I assume there's a rental fee plus a cut of admissions and concessions? Wondering if events like this could help drive more stadium renovations?
The university gets their expenses. I think they also get some rent. The band or promoter gets a guaranteed amount after expenses. The university gets a percentage of the gate above the guarantee.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:16 am

The was a lot of fun. Loved seeing the stadium in that setting. It was really cool. The show was very family friendly and there were tons of parents with kids. Imagine Dragons is not going to offend anyone so that may help the vibe for future outdoor concerts. I hope they do it more regularly. It's a great use of the stadium.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:34 am

joe_montana_state
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by joe_montana_state » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:17 am

They definitely had the place rockin! Almost as loud as when Corey Smith ran it in to start Cat Griz. I’m dating myself.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:57 am

catbooster wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:25 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
John K wrote:
So how was the concert?
I live near Morning Star Elementary school - south of the stadium. I enjoy telling people the stadium was here before they moved here. If they don't like the noise they shouldn't have bought in this neighborhood. It's a few days a year. They like all the advantages of having the university but don't want any of the things they see as annoyances [-X
We need to recruit more people like you! Remember when we the cannon was loud, its little more than a firecracker now a days! Even the music was turned down after someone complained. The sound system is being used at half "throttle", sad really.

St George

Post by St George » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:02 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm
Cledus wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:Does anyone know how much MSU will make off this event? I assume there's a rental fee plus a cut of admissions and concessions? Wondering if events like this could help drive more stadium renovations?
I fully admit I’m not an expert on the business side of concerts, but I know if I was a band I would not sign any deal that gives a cut of admissions to the venue. I would think they should price that in to the facility rental and it’s up to the band to promote the event.
I believe msu has a $1 facility fee on all tickets sold. I assume concerts are no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does MSU own the interlocking floor they installed or was that all furnished with the stage etc?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:50 am

St George wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:02 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm
Cledus wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:Does anyone know how much MSU will make off this event? I assume there's a rental fee plus a cut of admissions and concessions? Wondering if events like this could help drive more stadium renovations?
I fully admit I’m not an expert on the business side of concerts, but I know if I was a band I would not sign any deal that gives a cut of admissions to the venue. I would think they should price that in to the facility rental and it’s up to the band to promote the event.
I believe msu has a $1 facility fee on all tickets sold. I assume concerts are no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does MSU own the interlocking floor they installed or was that all furnished with the stage etc?

That’s a good question. I would guess it was rented from another venue.