Montana Recruits 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:32 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:54 pm
All of this QB talk on other threads, I have something to add. I know the Bobcats want to bring in another true freshman to keep the classes even and a potential transfer (senior or junior year of eligibility). If I were the coaching staff, I would go out and get Blake Thelen of Great Falls High and coach him up at QB because he has inherent talent throwing the football and making plays. His senior highlight film shows off an impressive arm and some good wheels to boot.

Don't even worry about bringing in another out-of-state freshman QB when you have Beltran/Bauman one year ahead. Go get Blake!
Come on man you knew that one was coming :)

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Last edited by Hawks86 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 pm
I've watched tape on Montana kids since 2015....Justus is by far the meanest player I've ever seen on tape. He is undersized, plays center, and mauls dudes until the whistle. Never thought he would sniff a PWO however due to his height.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 pm
I've watched tape on Montana kids since 2015....Justus is by far the meanest player I've ever seen on tape. He is undersized, plays center, and mauls dudes until the whistle. Never thought he would sniff a PWO however due to his height.
Vim...I see he is listed at 6'1". That is not terribly short. Shaun Sampson had a great career and he was only 6'0". If this kid is as mean as you say, definitely worth a shot.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Justus changed his tweet because people thought he committed. Edited the post with the new tweet.

227Griz
New Recruit

Post by 227Griz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 pm

autocat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:27 pm
Former Bobcat basketball player Nicco Harrison is Vice President of North America Basketball Operations for Nike

Maybe he could help other um grads find employment making the shoes :coffee:
Or may he can cost them another Stephen curry?

go96griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by go96griz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm
mtgrizfankb wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:48 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:14 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:25 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:41 pm
FlyCastingCat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:36 pm
Are these kids predisposed to the Griz, or is MSU just whiffing on their recruitment?
There’s always lots of different reasons kids choose programs. Facilities, educational opportunities, coaching staffs, friends on teams, etc....so who knows. I saw Owens had same offer from Cats and a Griz and both were after him pretty hard. Simpson is a legacy Cat but said he felt the Griz were after him harder and likes how he would be utilized there.

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky- ... 246b7.html

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky- ... user-share
“Educational opportunities” :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe you didn’t read the articles. Both of these commits mentioned being attracted to the business school, and Owens in particular also liked the UM ties to Nike Corp as he would like to pursue a career with them. So yes, educational opportunities.
Nope, I didn't read the articles. I have better things to do with my time than read about non-MSU commits.

Gotta give it to Bobby, he's doing a good job of bullsh*tting his way around the crap education you will receive at UM. Business school? Please. I'd take MSU's business school any day over UM's, although I can say that at least it isn't UM's worst program. Nike? Pretty sure going to school at UM doesn't do a single thing to get you a job at Nike. MSU has some people that have worked their way into Nike too, but I don't think that does more than maybe get you an email when it comes to a job.
Except Nike hires more UM business majors straight form college than any other school. Business majors also get to meet multiple executives from Nike and get specific internship opportunities. Sprunk is on campus usually 3 times a semester. You can hate on a lot of things with UM but their business school and connection to big corporations and intern opportunities is not one
Didn't know that, I admit. That's pretty cool. Surprised that UM doesn't get that information out better on something like that.
Sprunk also serves on the athletics advisory board and has been on the business school’s advisory council as well. Sprunk and his wife are the named donors on the new athletic academic center. They also made a large donation to the business school to endow the Dean’s position. Lastly, Sprunk is largely responsible for the great Nike athletic deal that UM has for uniforms and other gear. He has made a huge positive impact on the campus and he is a very down to earth guy frequently seen in Missoula. The UM-Nike work pipeline is incredible too.

In general, UM has had a major issue touting their successes. That tide is changing in the last year or so, including trumpeting the overall University’s top ranking in Montana, the top-rated business school program in the big sky, the highest pass rate on the cpa exam among public universities in the west, etc. There are lots of great things brewing and it’s funny how some people have to throw out uneducated opinions rather than facts. Unfortunately, it only makes you look stupid when you do that.

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am

go96griz wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:
Are these kids predisposed to the Griz, or is MSU just whiffing on their recruitment?
There’s always lots of different reasons kids choose programs. Facilities, educational opportunities, coaching staffs, friends on teams, etc....so who knows. I saw Owens had same offer from Cats and a Griz and both were after him pretty hard. Simpson is a legacy Cat but said he felt the Griz were after him harder and likes how he would be utilized there.

Maybe you didn’t read the articles. Both of these commits mentioned being attracted to the business school, and Owens in particular also liked the UM ties to Nike Corp as he would like to pursue a career with them. So yes, educational opportunities.
Nope, I didn't read the articles. I have better things to do with my time than read about non-MSU commits.

Gotta give it to Bobby, he's doing a good job of bullsh*tting his way around the crap education you will receive at UM. Business school? Please. I'd take MSU's business school any day over UM's, although I can say that at least it isn't UM's worst program. Nike? Pretty sure going to school at UM doesn't do a single thing to get you a job at Nike. MSU has some people that have worked their way into Nike too, but I don't think that does more than maybe get you an email when it comes to a job.
Except Nike hires more UM business majors straight form college than any other school. Business majors also get to meet multiple executives from Nike and get specific internship opportunities. Sprunk is on campus usually 3 times a semester. You can hate on a lot of things with UM but their business school and connection to big corporations and intern opportunities is not one
Didn't know that, I admit. That's pretty cool. Surprised that UM doesn't get that information out better on something like that.
Sprunk also serves on the athletics advisory board and has been on the business school’s advisory council as well. Sprunk and his wife are the named donors on the new athletic academic center. They also made a large donation to the business school to endow the Dean’s position. Lastly, Sprunk is largely responsible for the great Nike athletic deal that UM has for uniforms and other gear. He has made a huge positive impact on the campus and he is a very down to earth guy frequently seen in Missoula. The UM-Nike work pipeline is incredible too.

In general, UM has had a major issue touting their successes. That tide is changing in the last year or so, including trumpeting the overall University’s top ranking in Montana, the top-rated business school program in the big sky, the highest pass rate on the cpa exam among public universities in the west, etc. There are lots of great things brewing and it’s funny how some people have to throw out uneducated opinions rather than facts. Unfortunately, it only makes you look stupid when you do that.
As a CPA, you touting the cpa exam rates is funny to me. MSU had that distinction for something like 5 years running. We had kids from UM come to MSU because our program was better. MSU also ranks higher in nearly every ranking out there when it comes to universities in Montana.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am
go96griz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:

As a CPA, you touting the cpa exam rates is funny to me. MSU had that distinction for something like 5 years running. We had kids from UM come to MSU because our program was better. MSU also ranks higher in nearly every ranking out there when it comes to universities in Montana.
As a CPA as well I thought the same thing. Unless something has gone horribly wrong at MSU there's no way missoula has a higher passing rate unless they are like 3 for 3 compared to 50+ MSU grads taking the test.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:40 am

go96griz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:

Yeah, I have YET to see a ranking system that has UM higher than MSU.
bestcolleges.com state of MT rankings. MSU: 1 UM: 7
collegechoice.net state of MT rankings. MSU: 3 UM: 4
Niche.com state of MT rankings. MSU: 3 UM: 5
bestvalueschools.com state of MT rankings. MSU: 2 UM: 5
Time.com National rankings. MSU: 428 UM: Not Ranked
Forbes.com National rankings. MSU: 452 UM: 602
**FOUND ONE** usnews.com stat of MT rankings. MSU: 7 UM: 6

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:50 am

RobertCats wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:40 am
go96griz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:

Yeah, I have YET to see a ranking system that has UM higher than MSU.
bestcolleges.com state of MT rankings. MSU: 1 UM: 7
collegechoice.net state of MT rankings. MSU: 3 UM: 4
Niche.com state of MT rankings. MSU: 3 UM: 5
bestvalueschools.com state of MT rankings. MSU: 2 UM: 5
Time.com National rankings. MSU: 428 UM: Not Ranked
Forbes.com National rankings. MSU: 452 UM: 602
**FOUND ONE** usnews.com stat of MT rankings. MSU: 7 UM: 6
You ever notice that every college/university and every hospital can point to some stat or report that says they're the best in the universe at something? I think UM is doing an excellent job of promoting the one obscure study that shows they're the best at something.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 am

Can we please stop having this stupid debate every year in the recruiting thread? Please and thanks.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:28 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 am
go96griz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:

As a CPA as well I thought the same thing. Unless something has gone horribly wrong at MSU there's no way missoula has a higher passing rate unless they are like 3 for 3 compared to 50+ MSU grads taking the test.
Facts be facts. Second only to Gonzaga in the West.

http://news.umt.edu/2018/09/090418acct.php

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:28 am
coloradocat wrote:
go96griz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Where did they get these facts? I looked for a while this morning for any source that has these statistics and the ONLY article I could find after several pages of a Google Search and the only thing even mentioning UM was the article you referenced. Sorry about my skepticism but I am going to need a source other than the UM website.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 pm

I hate all of you.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:42 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:32 pm
I hate all of you.
What sources can you site for this tidbit of information? The only thing I can find on the subject is the below piechart, is this even accurate!?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:07 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:22 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:28 am
coloradocat wrote:
go96griz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
mtgrizfankb wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Where did they get these facts? I looked for a while this morning for any source that has these statistics and the ONLY article I could find after several pages of a Google Search and the only thing even mentioning UM was the article you referenced. Sorry about my skepticism but I am going to need a source other than the UM website.

Exactly, how many students at each school took the test? This statistic may be true, but it also may be cherry picked.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:15 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 am
Can we please stop having this stupid debate every year in the recruiting thread? Please and thanks.
I second the motion. Can't you take this discussion to the smack site or open discussion or something?

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:18 pm

technoCat wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:15 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 am
I second the motion. Can't you take this discussion to the smack site or open discussion or something?
Yes please. You are mucking up this thread.