Montana Recruits 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:28 pm

Just finished watching Bozeman beat West, great game. Jesse Owen's from Billings West is a stud, extremely impressed with his speed and talent. Does anyone know if the Cats have offered him? Joe Olson of Bozeman had another huge game, built like a RB, plays like a FB, hits the hole hard. Ryan Lonnegren (sp?) had a great game on both sides of the ball.

bphjl
New Recruit

Post by bphjl » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 am

Check out Michael Nehring from Manhattan. The kid is a amazing athlete. The Griz have been talking to him about playing for them and he has a couple schools wanting him to play baseball for them. I know he wants to play football in college and he has a brother that already attends MSU on a track scholarship.

Catastrophy11
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catastrophy11 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm

After todays game.... Montana Recruits?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Catastrophy11 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm
None of them will come here ever again. Why even try to recruit? But hey, they love that shi* dick over in missoula. Can't wait to see how many arrests he'll accumulate there this time.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Catastrophy11
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catastrophy11 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:24 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 pm
Catastrophy11 wrote:
None of them will come here ever again. Why even try to recruit? But hey, they love that shi* dick over in missoula. Can't wait to see how many arrests he'll accumulate there this time.
Yates?

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Catastrophy11 wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:24 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 pm
Catastrophy11 wrote:
Yates?
He’s Back ~…………………

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:39 pm

watched Bz Butte tonight.
The Neil kid from Butte is pretty dog gone fast!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Paytonlives wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 pm
I think Jesse Owens (Billings West) might be the best player in the state

Jesse and a group of 8-9 other kids are in the conversation. An extremely hard year to pinpoint one kid as the best player in the state.

Going through my preseason Top 10:

1.) Chrishon Dixon - hasn't done a ton this year in terms of offensive numbers as Billings Central have been rolling teams on the ground, as usual. However, he still has several highlight catches when he gets targeted and has been a stalwart on defense. He is still my #1 player.

2.) Garrison Poetzl - if this kid only had to play defensive line, he would be unstoppable. He has been exceptional as an interior defensive lineman and simply okay as an offensive tackle.

3.) Ryan Lonergan - I hear his name prevalently when talking with guys about the most impressive players in the state. He is far and away the best TE prospect in the state as his receiver numbers have been outstanding (unofficially leads AA in receiving yards) and his blocking has improved. But another element Ryan has added is his defensive performance. He has been a problem as a DE. If his blocking continues to improve, he is approaching Colin Bingham/Will Dissly territory as a TE/DE prospect.

4.) Trevin Gradney - has two picks (from the 1st game of the season against Missoula Big Sky) and has not been thrown at a ton. Has shown well on film and is still regarded as one of the top gets in the state.

5.) Holden Sampson - is far and away the best offensive lineman in the state. He has looked bigger, faster, and stronger this year.

6.) Joe Olson - I said he was the best RB prospect in the state in the preseason and he has proved me correct thus far though Blake Counts has been phenomenal as well.

7.) Alaric Greil - is the veteran on a young, inexperienced Helena Capital team. Alaric moved to the OL out of team need and is still a physical presence on the defensive line. He has gotten so big that I feel like he's lost some of his explosiveness but he may be the strongest kid in the state. His future will likely be on the interior of the defensive line.

8.) Brody Grebe - he is doing Garrett Graves-like things this year for Roundup. Has been dominant on offense and defense. Not one Class B team has slowed him down so far this year.

9.) Alex Johnson - is the leader of the Helena High defense and has played a hybrid TE/WR role on offense. I rated him as the best safety prospect in the state in the preseason. However, Ryan Tirrell has been turning heads at safety for Missoula Loyola his senior season.

10.) Jesse Owens - is one of the most explosive players in the state on offense. Has started to make some plays defensively for Billings West that has really helped their defense. He has the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball on offense.

Other kids who have been really good their senior seasons so far:

Ryder Meyer - a sparkplug player on both sides of the ball. Has the ability to play both smart and aggressively on defense.
Blake Counts - actually leads Joe Olson for the AA rushing title by about 50 yards. Has been a workhorse.
Colten McPhee - had 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns vs. Dillon's defense two weeks ago. If he was 3 feet taller (5'9"), he would already have a FCS scholarship offer as a LB.
Rylan Ortt - smooth, productive athlete out of the QB position and has played safety this year as well
Landers Smith - looks faster this year. The #1 player in 8-Man this year.
Ryan Tirrell - he is a Top 10 player on film so far his senior season...maybe even Top 5. Has transitioned from OLB to Safety and his size/speed ratio from the safety position is eye-popping on film.
Blake Thelen - I slated him as a high school QB who probably would play WR in college this preseason. He has impressed as a QB.
Casey Gunlikson - If you want a sleeper from the Class B ranks, look no further than Casey. A sub-11.00 100M runner that shows aggression on the football field with the ball in his hands.
Connor Paul - a bulldozer at guard for Billings West. He has taken his game to another level this year. Strong as an ox.
Noah Ambuehl - Noah is playing QB at about 6'5", 240 lbs. this year. He's a future Griz TE all the way.
Ryan Simpson - long, tall receiver who has been a key cog in Bozeman's offensive machine.
Dawson Allen - has dominated against top competition (Loyola specifically) and looks faster/stronger his senior season.
Easton Page - he is the best slot receiver in the state in my opinion. Short, shifty, and strong after the catch with an ability to run crisp routes.
Blaise Meriwether - has been rock solid as a free safety for Missoula Sentinel. A top 4 safety prospect in the state.
Marcus Wehr - he plays strong-side DE with the length and physicality expected out of top prospects. He is a Top 3 defensive lineman in the state right now (along with Poetzl and Greil).
Zach Spiroff - a similar athlete and football player to Ryder Meyer. Zach has been solid for Helena High this year, especially at corner. Is also still one of the top punt returners in the state.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am

Poetzl just committed to the Griz recently. Looks like a very good player.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Don’t recall any LB’s at 8 ft tall Vim ;)

Imagine they’d have the long arms Choate lives.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm

To answer a question that many may have, the best overall player in the state right now (all ages and class levels) is junior QB Carson Rostad of Hamilton. His development from his sophomore to junior season has been noticeable and he was pretty dang good as a sophomore. At this point, he is without a doubt the #1 player in the 2020 Montana Recruiting Class.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm
To answer a question that many may have, the best overall player in the state right now (all ages and class levels) is junior QB Carson Rostad of Hamilton. His development from his sophomore to junior season has been noticeable and he was pretty dang good as a sophomore. At this point, he is without a doubt the #1 player in the 2020 Montana Recruiting Class.
Do you think he projects to QB at the FCS level? And if so, what kind is he? Pocket passer or dual threat? Thanks Vim!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm
Do you think he projects to QB at the FCS level? And if so, what kind is he? Pocket passer or dual threat? Thanks Vim!
Projects as a QB. Has displayed the ability to do both as a passer.

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 am

Vim,

What are your thoughts on the Koeing kid from Helena High? I was at their game against Great Falls and he really impressed me. The program listed him at 6-3 and 185. Appears to have good speed and room to fill out. Would he make a good LB prospect at the FCS level? He had a monster game vs Great Falls rushing for 274 yards.

GO CATS!!!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:22 pm

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:22 pm
Landers is a favorite of mine.

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/foot ... 54de7.html
That’s awesome. Sounds like a great kid.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:28 am

And Jeff Choate is in the Billings area this morning (several key in-state recruits in the area) then will return to Bozeman to take in the Bozeman/Helena High game at Van Winkle Stadium.

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:52 am

What is the story about Kris Brown, QB from Bozeman? He seems like he should be getting more interest than he is. Don't get me wrong I'm no recruiting expert but:

- Currently leading undefeated Bozeman
- 6-4, 210lbs - great size
- Shows plenty of athletism and speed (ran for a 61 yard touchdown yesterday)
- As of now I believe he has thrown: 17 touchdown, 5 interceptions & ran for over 300 yards

I would think he would get a partial offer from MSU ... nothing against Hayden Ekern (current commit) but Brown seems like he would be a great addition

**Also would like to see Ryan Simpson, WR (6-5) from Bozeman come as well. Reminds me of Hadley

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Gradney commits to Missoula Community College.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:38 pm
Gradney commits to Missoula Community College.
Got to admit, didn’t see that one coming. Didn’t his dad and other family play for the Cats?