Montana Recruits 2019

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Montana Recruits 2019

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:38 pm
Gradney commits to Missoula Community College.
Got to admit, didn’t see that one coming. Didn’t his dad and other family play for the Cats?
His dad Joe played for the Cats. Just saw on FB that his kid is going to the griz. Guess I don't need to worry about buying Joe a beer ever again.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:40 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:40 pm
Kris is having an outstanding senior season...as are a lot of QBs across the state. Congrats to him for getting a shot at the FCS level.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Kris is having an outstanding senior season...as are a lot of QBs across the state. Congrats to him for getting a shot at the FCS level.
Am I missing something with your list or did you not have him making the top 50 in the state?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:50 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Am I missing something with your list or did you not have him making the top 50 in the state?
He'll be a Top 40 player on the final list. He has had a good senior season but I did not expect him to go FCS as I like a few other QB prospects. Congrats to him!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:23 am

Posted this back on Feb. 7th of this year and not much has really changed. Use it to keep things in perspective...or don't.
From what I initially see, there will be some good wide receivers yet again, at both slot and outside receiver positions. On the lines, I see a few offensive lineman who should get Big Sky looks. I see some RBs that will receive interest but there is not a Drew Turner level kid at RB. There will be a few enticing TE prospects with one specifically already garnering significant interest from both the Cats and Griz. At QB, there will be some solid players and overall the position will be deeper than this past recruiting class...but deeper for NAIA level play. On defense, I see several defensive line prospects who should push for offers from UM/MSU. At linebacker, there will be some outside linebackers getting interest but I don't see any big thumpers at MLB. Not a very deep group compared to the last few years. I do see two decent cornerback prospects (hint: they are from the billings area). Last but not least, this class will feature some excellent safeties with 5-6 good looking players.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:28 am

Disappointed we lost Gradney. The other ones that went UM don’t bother me. Maybe he liked their depth chart better than ours?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:28 am
Disappointed we lost Gradney. The other ones that went UM don’t bother me. Maybe he liked their depth chart better than ours?
Bobby has a knack with Montana kids. He gets to recruit with a top-notch facility in his back pocket and that is hard to trump when all things are even. The "Montana Recruiting" fan in me is disappointed we lost out on Trevin. However, the MSU fan is certainly not worried about our CB depth chart or the coaching staff's ability to recruit corners. Again, perspective is needed in these situations.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Bobby has a knack with Montana kids. He gets to recruit with a top-notch facility in his back pocket and that is hard to trump when all things are even. The "Montana Recruiting" fan in me is disappointed we lost out on Trevin. However, the MSU fan is certainly not worried about our CB depth chart or the coaching staff's ability to recruit corners. Again, perspective is needed in these situations.
This was a quote from this article on Gradney's commitment.
Trevin Gradney said UM tight ends coach Jace Schillinger, cornerbacks coach C.J. Cox, head coach Bobby Hauck and safeties coach Shann Schillinger were all involved in recruiting him. Gradney said he accepted a partial scholarship to join the Griz.
So I'm curious if the Cats' offer was also just a partial and if it was what are the chances he would come to MSU if (pure speculation, perhaps the MSU coaches don't view him as a full ride player since those are more impactful on out of state recruits) they upped it to a full?

https://helenair.com/sports/college/big ... a706c.html

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 am

RobertCats wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:42 am
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
This was a quote from this article on Gradney's commitment.
Trevin Gradney said UM tight ends coach Jace Schillinger, cornerbacks coach C.J. Cox, head coach Bobby Hauck and safeties coach Shann Schillinger were all involved in recruiting him. Gradney said he accepted a partial scholarship to join the Griz.
So I'm curious if the Cats' offer was also just a partial and if it was what are the chances he would come to MSU if (pure speculation, perhaps the MSU coaches don't view him as a full ride player since those are more impactful on out of state recruits) they upped it to a full?

https://helenair.com/sports/college/big ... a706c.html
Choate likely won't up the offer to a full. He rarely plays that game.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:26 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
I think thats exactly right. We have sophomore starters Thomas and Cole, plus we're currently redshirting the Gibson twins. The other school was converting WRs to play Corner last I saw.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Right. I’m disappointed bc he’s a state kid that can play DB, and his dad played here. I’m not at all worried about our DB room.

This is off topic, but I know we’re recruiting the DE from Bozeman. I realize he’s just a sophomore and a ton can change, but do we even have a shot? I feel like he’s gonna go Power 5, but man...what a talent he would be here.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:31 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
Right. I’m disappointed bc he’s a state kid that can play DB, and his dad played here. I’m not at all worried about our DB room.

This is off topic, but I know we’re recruiting the DE from Bozeman. I realize he’s just a sophomore and a ton can change, but do we even have a shot? I feel like he’s gonna go Power 5, but man...what a talent he would be here.
For those who don't follow my high school stuff, Kenneth Eiden IV is a sophomore DE (6'1", 220 lbs.) for the Bozeman Hawks. Per MaxPreps, he currently has 16.5 sacks, 31 TFLs, 48 solo tackles, 72 total tackles, and 1 interception (which was returned for a touchdown). He is currently the leader in the clubhouse for AA Defensive Player of the Year...as a sophomore.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Holy crap, some impressive numbers for a sophomore

FTG- GO CATS GO!

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:57 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:31 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

For those who don't follow my high school stuff, Kenneth Eiden IV is a sophomore DE (6'1", 220 lbs.) for the Bozeman Hawks. Per MaxPreps, he currently has 16.5 sacks, 31 TFLs, 48 solo tackles, 72 total tackles, and 1 interception (which was returned for a touchdown). He is currently the leader in the clubhouse for AA Defensive Player of the Year...as a sophomore.
I believe his father, Ken Eiden III, played oline for the Cats so there's that...

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:57 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I believe his father, Ken Eiden III, played oline for thae Cats so there's that...
He reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Dissly, makes plays all over the field and makes it look effortless. Can't wait to watch him play 2 more years. Potential to add more size by the time he's a senior.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:21 am

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:10 pm

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I believe his father, Ken Eiden III, played oline for the Cats so there's that...
Kenny played for the Cats. Wisconsin kid who's a damn smart CPA and a good f'in dude. Next time I see him, I'll get some in sight on his kid.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:02 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 pm
MSU Toddler wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Kenny played for the Cats. Wisconsin kid who's a damn smart CPA and a good f'in dude. Next time I see him, I'll get some in sight on his kid.
Lived a few doors down the hall in South Hedges from Ken and Johnny T - both class acts.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.